+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Ofcourse it wouldn't happen - but what the hell of the point of even mentioning putting characters in Brawl? I mean, come on. Dream a little, who cares if they don't stand a chance to get in.

Aaanyways.. About that Goku moveset before, I think I could refine those specials a bit.

Up B Instant Transmission: Instead of mimicing Sheik in every way, this move should be a lot like Mewtwo's, with a short amount of startup lag. As soon as he teleports, his line of movement shines in a jagged path. If anyone gets hit by it, he'll reappear with superarmor and deliver a doublehanded blow from above, which is a weak spike. Little damage, but the super armor means Goku's pretty much safe. The little distance can also be made up for.

If Goku does hit an enemy with the doublefist move, he'll use the instant transmission in rapid succession, letting you choose a new direction to move to. Very much like Pikachu's quick attack. However, if he doesn't grab a ledge, he's very vulneralbe, as he plummets at a very stiff angle. If you sweetspot the ledge though, you're completely safe.

Down B: The transformation idea isn't too bad, although I think only one form(SSJ1)should be available. As mentioned, all his attacks are stronger, his jumps are slightly higher, and he's slightly quicker, but his damage will rack up quickly. This can be used for super armor as well. Great for landing the killing blow or racking up damage quickly in the beginning. While the entire time you're gaining consistently good amounts of damage, if you hold it for over 25 seconds or so the damage you take will start to double, meaning you can't abuse this. If you rapidly transform on and off, the amount of time doesn't wear off either - you need to wait a short amount of time to make sure your "time limit" goes back to normal.

Side B: ..Yeah, Kamehameha, what'd you expect? There are a few possibilities for this. First, he can charge it like Samus' Charge Shot and keep it until he wants to use it, or he can quickly shout out, ..well, you know, and then fire the blast. For option one, it'd have impeccable range, and probably as much power as Samus' charge shot. It hits multiple times to rack up good damage, and the final shot has knockback. However, if you miss and your opponent manages to get behind you, you're probably screwed.

For option two with the instant shot, it'd come out probably as fast as Ike's F-smash, but again since it has a large range it's a great move. However, the move is a two-shotter. The first hit is like a gravitational pull, sucking the enemy in. Then the wave vanishes in a flash and knocks everyone flying. It'd have good damage and great knockback, but landing it is the main problem.

B: Ki-Blasts. Yeah, simple. If for Side B option 2 is used, this should probably be a charge up move. Instead of getting stronger when charged, you'll shoot multiple Ki blasts rapidly, one after another. Knockback isn't the priority here, as the blasts are swift and carryable, as well as a projectile. Damage can be above average, but the knockback is pretty average, maybe even below. Good launched speed too, probably around Link's Gale Boomerang speed.

His FS has quite a few possibilities. Vegeta could always sneak into the Brawl and perform their rediculously stupid but powerful fusion dance, transforming into Gogeta(no, not SSJ4). All the moves get powered up, ofcourse. Probably equal to a down B. However, his Down B can stack up on this FS, letting Gogeta for yes, SSJ4. Side B=Big Bang Kamehameha, anyone? :P

The transformation FS has tons of possibilities though, he could go 3, and use his Down B to go even 4. Whichever you prefer, really.

As for a non-transformation FS, there's again, tons of possibilities. Classic Spirit Bomb, temp. transform/fusion to whip out some really awesome move, too many ideas that I'm going to get into.

Anyways.. I modified this moveset from pharos' on the spot, but I think it's passable, yeah?

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    What? No comments on my Pikmin stage?

I always have trouble making comments on character movesets I care nothing about, but it is still pretty good. It must have taken a lot of thinking to come up with that.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    yea, that sounds really cool dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

Member #
    Friends
    4502-2562-8927-3042
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbfreakck View Post
    ofcourse it wouldn't happen - but what the hell of the point of even mentioning putting characters in brawl? I mean, come on. Dream a little, who cares if they don't stand a chance to get in.

Aaanyways.. About that goku moveset before, i think i could refine those specials a bit.

Up b instant transmission: Instead of mimicing sheik in every way, this move should be a lot like mewtwo's, with a short amount of startup lag. As soon as he teleports, his line of movement shines in a jagged path. If anyone gets hit by it, he'll reappear with superarmor and deliver a doublehanded blow from above, which is a weak spike. Little damage, but the super armor means goku's pretty much safe. The little distance can also be made up for.

If goku does hit an enemy with the doublefist move, he'll use the instant transmission in rapid succession, letting you choose a new direction to move to. Very much like pikachu's quick attack. However, if he doesn't grab a ledge, he's very vulneralbe, as he plummets at a very stiff angle. If you sweetspot the ledge though, you're completely safe.

Down b: The transformation idea isn't too bad, although i think only one form(ssj1)should be available. As mentioned, all his attacks are stronger, his jumps are slightly higher, and he's slightly quicker, but his damage will rack up quickly. This can be used for super armor as well. Great for landing the killing blow or racking up damage quickly in the beginning. While the entire time you're gaining consistently good amounts of damage, if you hold it for over 25 seconds or so the damage you take will start to double, meaning you can't abuse this. If you rapidly transform on and off, the amount of time doesn't wear off either - you need to wait a short amount of time to make sure your "time limit" goes back to normal.

Side b: ..yeah, kamehameha, what'd you expect? There are a few possibilities for this. First, he can charge it like samus' charge shot and keep it until he wants to use it, or he can quickly shout out, ..well, you know, and then fire the blast. For option one, it'd have impeccable range, and probably as much power as samus' charge shot. It hits multiple times to rack up good damage, and the final shot has knockback. However, if you miss and your opponent manages to get behind you, you're probably screwed.

For option two with the instant shot, it'd come out probably as fast as ike's f-smash, but again since it has a large range it's a great move. However, the move is a two-shotter. The first hit is like a gravitational pull, sucking the enemy in. Then the wave vanishes in a flash and knocks everyone flying. It'd have good damage and great knockback, but landing it is the main problem.

B: Ki-blasts. Yeah, simple. If for side b option 2 is used, this should probably be a charge up move. Instead of getting stronger when charged, you'll shoot multiple ki blasts rapidly, one after another. Knockback isn't the priority here, as the blasts are swift and carryable, as well as a projectile. Damage can be above average, but the knockback is pretty average, maybe even below. Good launched speed too, probably around link's gale boomerang speed.

His fs has quite a few possibilities. Vegeta could always sneak into the brawl and perform their rediculously stupid but powerful fusion dance, transforming into gogeta(no, not ssj4). All the moves get powered up, ofcourse. Probably equal to a down b. However, his down b can stack up on this fs, letting gogeta for yes, ssj4. Side b=big bang kamehameha, anyone?

the transformation fs has tons of possibilities though, he could go 3, and use his down b to go even 4. Whichever you prefer, really.

As for a non-transformation fs, there's again, tons of possibilities. Classic spirit bomb, temp. Transform/fusion to whip out some really awesome move, too many ideas that i'm going to get into.

Anyways.. I modified this moveset from pharos' on the spot, but i think it's passable, yeah?
    I LIKE THIS IDEA!!!!!!! Major Goku fan.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    I.. forgot to mention comments for your stage, Nick. >.>;;; Sorry, got caught up in making Goku's moveset a bit more detailed.

Aaaanyways. It's certainly a good stage. It doesn't look like it'd be a total pain in the ass, and I don't think the enemies that occure on the stage are overpowered or anything - although the Red Cannon Beetle's boulders shouldn't be too powerful. Strong, but more like around the intensity of Dialga/Palkia's laser beams. A bit more damage than those though, considering it's quite avoidable.

To be honest, I couldn't give a damn about Pikmin - but either way it's a good stage.

EDIT: Thanks, MangaGamer. And on that note, welcome back to wiichat. :P

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    To be honest, I dont understand how someone couldent give a damn about Pikmin, CK. But yes, the larvas boulders shouldent be too powerful. Maybe about as strong as a FOWCON PAAWNNCHH! Yes I know you would love that CK.

But yeah that is a good Goku moveset, but mabye we should move on to something else. Been talking about that quite a while, have we?

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    only a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Whatever.....

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    only a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Whatever.....
    Poor, unnecesarry spammy comments.. >.>; Try not to do that please.

Aaaanyways. Some time in the future I may have some 100% custom movesets for this thread. 3, in fact. I'm putting some hard work into these, so they won't be ready tonight. ..Or atleast I wouldn't think so.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Hey I'll comment here =P

For one, there should be no broken characters--that is, a character with an unrealistic advantage such as weighing too much for what they are (imagine a heavy Game and Watch, you'd just know right away that they put a mistake into the game lol, kind of like Snake, except he should have been upper mid-weight, not the heaviest character in the game and yes he is the heaviest I tested/proved it). All characters should remain in sync with realistic capabilities. For example, a Falcon Punch that takes half a second would have made CF the most broken character in Brawl. So it would only make sense to make it have a long amount of start-up lag, which it does. Similarly, characters weights should be proportionate to their recovery (Snake in Brawl is actually THE heaviest in the game, yet his recovery is outstanding.) Fixing characters is also a must (such as reducing the priority, range, and speed on Meta Knight's moves, or if you're gonna give him that much speed and range, reduce the priority at least). For me, this is the most important change to the next Smash game. Also, characters who rely on tether recoveries should be able to attack the edge grabber with their tether and automatically latch on to the edge rather than suffering an absolute death.

Secondly, the online mode can and should be greatly improved. That is, the "anyone mode" should be set in ranks and playable with friends in the same household, the lag sharply reduced overall and if possible, and again, a more professional online system with easier chatting, ranks, and a more useful/convenient friend system overall (including being able to add more friends). That's all I can think of for right now for the online mode, I'll add to it as I remember.

As for characters to be added into the next series, I'll state who I see can be perfect candidates for this type of game: Count Bleck (I've never played PM but he does seem like, again, a good candidate for this type of game, he could be light since he is paper (and thus 2d), something could be done with G&W and him for the Adventure Mode.

It's going to be a lot of characters total, but I'm just going to list all that come to mind:

Roy, Daisy, Raiden (MGS), Birdo, Pokemon Trainer (new trio, I have no clue what three as I haven't kept up with the Pokemon saga for years), Waluigi, Baby Bowser, Mr./Mrs. Pacman, Mrs. Game and Watch (lol), Dixie Kong (definitely rooting for her, light character, can glide, run fast and long grab w/ hair lol, or grabs and attacks with hair lol), Tails (similar to Dixie Kong except his "long" compononent comes from his ass and not his head...wow I really regret saying that...anyways haha), Knuckles, Shadow, Amy, Rogue, Dr. Eggman (yeah I know, way too many from Sonic, but again, these are characters I'm simply putting down that I see would be fit for this type of game and I wouldn't mind seeing any of them in it), Mewtwo (and Lucario), Cloud (lol! Not gonna happen, again, just stating people), Wolf Link, and several other characters from games I've never played. Oh yeah one from Earthbound and one from Mother would be nice too, though I can't give any names. Oh yeah and Slip--ah nevermind he'll have a 100&#37; stumble rate if they wanted to make him even the slightest bit realistic (resembling his personality, ie clumsy).

Anyone know of any popular one's I missed that people are craving to see? Ah see Megaman is one, whereas Boo is NOT one. No wait, Boo could be one! Yeah now that I think about it, he can glide, grab, disappear, physically attack, worthy of a Final Smash...yeah he seems like a good candidate actually lol.
    Last edited by RPGMasterTurk91; 02-02-2009 at 01:22 AM.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Ads