Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1345-6587-5984-5125
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Yes, even though me and Bodine were off topic, the conversations over... stay on topic, Yyy.
    I have to admit that this is a little bad of you, CK. You and Bodine wasted 8 posts and yyy only wasted 1. It doesn't really bother me anyway, but I think you were harsher on him just because he was yyy. It would have been easy to ignore :P.

Anyway, hopefully this thread gets some real information I can use by the time I get back from my Spring Break trip.

Member of The CKingz.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by superbad81 View Post
    Well i also noticed that a distance character(anybody who can play decent 1on1 distance)has a advantage over olimar since he plays close range.
    thats wrong. just being close doesn't mean distance is a weakness. Olimar is able to use the Pikmin Throw(→B) to both attack and sheild himself. its funny but if you throw a pikimn out then they can take missles, charge shots, grenades, arrows, bombs, mines, boomerang, anything. the pikmin take the hit instead which keeps Olimar safe while he closes the gap

Member #
    Friends
    Well thank you kingslayer and yes shadow is the one who taught me that.

Member #
    Friends
    1345-6587-5984-5125
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow*91 View Post
    thats wrong. just being close doesn't mean distance is a weakness. Olimar is able to use the Pikmin Throw(→B) to both attack and sheild himself. its funny but if you throw a pikimn out then they can take missles, charge shots, grenades, arrows, bombs, mines, boomerang, anything. the pikmin take the hit instead which keeps Olimar safe while he closes the gap
    Ya, but that can leave you open against a spammer (Pikmin run out). Though if their spamming... probably not that good anyway and you don't have anything to worry about.
    Not sure about you put I like how the white ones disappear... looks cooler than the rest even if it's basically the same.

Member of The CKingz.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    in between throws you'd pull up more and move forward. he pulls up pikmin fast so its not a problem

Member #
    Friends
    1345-6587-5984-5125
    in between throws you'd pull up more and move forward. he pulls up pikmin fast so its not a problem
    Ya, but I was thinking of the player was good and used a fast character. While pulling up your vulnerable (albeit a very short time), which a pro can take advantage of by landing a running Side A on you. While you can dodge back, due to your limited recovery the opponent (if good) should be able to land a hit on you. I kind of wish that Olimar's B just popped out the max all at one time.

Member of The CKingz.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Olimar can pull 6 pikmin in .6 seconds. he can then do any move without lag. the vulnerability frame is so small the enemy would have to be right next to Olimar to hit him fast enough.

Member #
    Friends
    1345-6587-5984-5125
    Olimar can pull 6 pikmin in .6 seconds. he can then do any move without lag. the vulnerability frame is so small the enemy would have to be right next to Olimar to hit him fast enough.
    Hmmm... now that I thought it through I see my reasoning was flawed. I was thinking of all these situations that become irrelevant due to one simple fact.

Sorry, I'm tired and I have to start a huge research paper... which I'm stalling/wasting my time right now. I see what you meant, now, but oh well.

Member of The CKingz.

Member #
    Friends
    well since you guys know so much i want one input what if the character is fast marth.meta,etc.then they would beat olimar down when he pulls up a pikmin.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    unless a character has a speedy projectile that needs no charge(Falco) or they are literally right next to him, a skilled Olimar can get 6 pikmin and dodge fast enough.

at the same time though, a skilled Olimar always keeps 3-4 pikmin with him for defense at all times. if Olimar only needs to pull 1 or 2 then you won't catch him fast enough.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Ads