LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1345-6587-5984-5125
    No, because Shadow was saying pulling up Pikmin as you throw them. This only takes 0.1 seconds... there is no time to land a hit with that. I was thinking of pulling out all the Pikmin at once (0.6 seconds) which is time for a medium range / fast character to land a hit on you (Meta's Side B, Samus' Running Side A, etc.).

Member of The CKingz.

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    I have to admit that this is a little bad of you, CK. You and Bodine wasted 8 posts and yyy only wasted 1. It doesn't really bother me anyway, but I think you were harsher on him just because he was yyy. It would have been easy to ignore :P.
    Yes, it was bad of me. And yes, I was harsher on him because he's Yyy. :P It's obvious, isn't it?

Normally I'd give my opinion on Olimar, but... it seems the conversation's over. Ah well. You really know your Olimar facts, Shadow... 0.6 seconds is quicker than I thought he could pull all 6.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Ok, nice posts people.

@ CK: Whats your opinion on the arguement (using that term loosely) Shadow and I had on Page 1? I would like your input, Grand Master Puuba. (noone is going to get the Puuba joke....[/facepalm])
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    They say the best referrences are ones people never get. :P

I was rushed/not interested in the thread earlier, but since you were wondering my input, I decided to read it over. I'll start with Lucario.

The main issue for Lucario was his matchup with Ness/Lucas', yes? A lot of focus was on Aura Sphere. Aura Sphere is integral for Lucario to rack up strings of attacks, edgeguard, and occasionally KO. A good Lucario player knows when to use his fully charged B though, against a good Ness/Lucas, he'd restrain from using it most of the time.

Infact, he can use it just as a spacer, rather than an offensive. Lucario gets a boost from Aura Sphere, but it's not necesarry for him to win a match, definatly not. Lucario is much better than Ness/Lucas, and can gimp them fairly easily, so his drawbacks on overusing Aura Sphere pale in comparison to how he can technically dominate the two. Lucario > PK spammers.

Now, touching apon Mario... FLUDD is indeed, useless. It's charge time make it unviable, and while it can be used as an effective edgeguard, it's useless in competitive play. A non-tippered B-air (as Shadow mentioned) is much more effective, so is a U-air. Even in their spare time after a KO (even a star KO), I've never seen a Mario player use FLUDD. It is effectively useless, really. He simply has better gimping options.

Mario is also low tier, even though he's average in most areas, his range is low, and his KO moves are reserved mostly to his smashes, and a rare F-air Meteor Smash (which they can probably recover from anyways). His best and easiest source of KOs is gimping, which can make him a bit unreliable. His lack of range also hurts his close combat abilities.

Luckily, his cape is his saving grace, as you previously mentioned, Storm. It prevents him from being the lowest of low tier, since it can help him tackle projectile spammers, and even gimp people. It really is a great move. One move isn't enough to throw him into middle tier, though.

Indeed, he is average; but to be more specific, slightly below average. In a whole he is average, but when summed up competitively, he is slightly below. Mainly because his faults leave him with a few more bad match ups than good, and his good match ups usually aren't the high/top tier characters.

Summed up, average but low tier.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    That was a great summary CK. Kingslayer, I beleive you can add that to your Mario spoiler on page one. I do love Mario's cape, as when fighting the common Mario vs. Luigi matchup against friends, that stupid cape reverses Luigi's side B completely...Its a good move, but I hate it when used against me :P Such is the way of the world.

So CK, you have gotten me curious... What's your summary opinion of Ganondorf? Since I main him, it is of great interest to me.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Oh my god, you just reminded me of the most wonderful KOs I've ever seen, Mario vs. Weegee.

So Mario's at a very high damage % on FD (or atleast I think he was), and Weegee's off the stage. He uses Side B and gets the explosion 1/10 chance, maxing his horizontal length and power. Mario cape's him, and he goes flying off the side of the screen; and dies. Lmao! Wonderful kill, no?

A summary of Ganondorf? ... Isn't this thread for a discussion of character advantages/disadvantages? :P ... Wait, doesn't that mean all of our posts about Mario have been off topic??

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Well, not completely. Mainly because our Mario discussions have traced back to his advantages and disadvantages, or lack thereof. Ganondorf has some good matchups. If you give a summary, along with his tier ratings, then technically, you are still on topic.

EDIT: Exactly, ive seen that vid also. Hate it when that happens man. Excellent KO though.

Member #
    Friends
    Snake has an advantage over Bowser because snake is fast, Bowser is slow and Snake has long range weapons which blow Bowser back and since he walks so slow it takes forever to get to him.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Snake isn't fast. he's faster than Bowser but he's close to average speed.

Member #
    Friends
    You do relize that bowser can run?It's vice versa.Bowser has an advantage over snake because he has the better close range attacks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Ads