+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Olimar?

Master of Fappets Twillight Princess's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1337-1337-1337-1337
    I myself was really surprised at myself when I got better with Olimar. He didn't seem like a very good character, but when I got a hang of him, it turned out pretty good.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    He can be hard to use.

It's not GigaRidley, It's GigaRıdley. I just look lıke the other guy. I have one fewer dot.

Member #
    Friends
    1345-6587-5984-5125
    Quote Originally Posted by superbad81 View Post
    Well I think it might have been kingslayer but he had his close to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    I was talking about using Olimar... not fighting one. Many people just spam Side B/A and Down A when using Olimar... making him easy to beat. I was just telling Ice that Olimar's close range moves are very good. They have decent priority and little recovery time. It's quite easy to land 3-4 moves in a matter of seconds, while close range.

Trying to face Olimar in the air can be quite dangerous. His Up A attack (while jumping) is a very easy move to hit with and his Side A (while in the air) can KO. Not to mention that if you perfected the Up B you could easily nail a hit with by dodging and getting into the right spot.

Edit: The reason many people are bad with Olimar is they try to use him as a long-range character when he only has medium range moves coupled with close range moves.

Another factor with Olimar is you need to practice with him until you can see which Pikmin would come up next.

Yellow - Electric (longer range and arcs when thrown)
    Red - Fire
    Purple - Short range / power (slow + only hits opponent (doesn't latch on))
    Blue - Strong / Durable (harder to kill then other Pikmins)
    White - Quick and light (easy to kill and when latches on does poison damage)

I prefer using Yellow and Whites while using Side B, Purple or Red when Side A, and Red when Up A.

If you can figure out the pattern you can shape your moves to use which Pikmin you want to.

I'm guessing you mean this? It didn't really have the same thing as Shadow, but whatever.

Edit: On my quoted post I probably should of mentioned that White Pikmin are thrown faster and at a longer distance then others.

Member of The CKingz.

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    White Pikmin also have a longer grab distance, correct?

Cheapimar is cheap.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1345-6587-5984-5125
    Ya, you have a real problem facing them it seems. I guess it's a good thing, for you, that Shadow isn't in the 1v1 brawl league. It's kind of funny seeing CK, an aggro player, tense up when facing a character that is actually smaller than Meta Knight :P.

Member of The CKingz.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    Ya, you have a real problem facing them it seems. I guess it's a good thing, for you, that Shadow isn't in the 1v1 brawl league. It's kind of funny seeing CK, an aggro player, tense up when facing a character that is actually smaller than Meta Knight :P.
    Well actually, I can beat Shadow's Olimar much easier than most, I know his playstyle too well.

... General on the other hand... His Olimar gives me plenty trouble. Closest I've been to a loss in the league (as in the entire match, not just one).

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1345-6587-5984-5125
    Hmm... I remember you had trouble against my Olimar (even though I stopped caring by then), so I think I might try him out next time. Expect me to throw indigo and violet Pikmin all over the place O.o... if I get lucky I might pull out a green and orange Pikmin, so watch out for the power of rainbow Olimar :P.

Though don't worry, you'll still beat me badly. I'm just hoping to pull off a KO / get you to 50%+, while you play seriously.

Member of The CKingz.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    You can beat my Olimar CK but I've always noticed you fight harder as soon as you see pikmin on the field. You're scared of the plant people, not when I use them, but you're scared of them.

Member #
    Friends
    So he is also scared of SpongeBob rotfl.Well then I should(when I get the internet that is highspeed)use olimar when I battle you CK.That will be a battle till the death.Toon agianst meta or who ever I choose when the time comes.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    A character does not win you the battle, it is the skill which takes form within that character. [/corny]

Seriously though. I'm not afraid of Olimar; if I was afraid of him I wouldn't of accepted General's rematch (he nearly owned me with pwnimar on match 2). If I was afraid, I would no contest. :P I simply don't play well against a defensive cheapimar. I fear nothing in the Brawl world. ... ... ... Except M2K's Meta... Scary shit.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads