LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1923-6615-4080-7852
    well u cant say anything about mario and Dr.Mario they were the same besides the B

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigikart3 View Post
    well u cant say anything about mario and Dr.Mario they were the same besides the B
    I know. I never did say anything. Dr. Mario was an almost exact clone of Mario. I never once denied that.

The Silence Bridge Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.
    Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by SmashBrosFever87 View Post
    Slipping is the worst part about VBrawl, I really wish they didn't include it.
    VBrawl is just MK, no fun in that.
    vBrawl is whatever you make of it. If you're just in it for winning, then by all means abuse MK. There's a lot of us who find it fun to use other characters even if we lose, at the least we're enjoying the game.
    And like I said, I have no beef with Brawl+. I just see it as something almost completely different and thus refrain from saying one is better than the other. Also, slipping does suck, although it doesn't happen enough to me for me to see it as killing vBrawl.
    Oh, and have you heard of Balanced Brawl? you might be interested in checking that out as well, since it is meant to completely balance the game without changing the mechanics, that way you don't have to learn your characters all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow*91 View Post
    i used to say this a lot but Marth is a Roy clone. Roy actually has multi hit combos(→B) a powerful hit covered in energy(Neutral-B) both had counter and both had a move like thier ↑B. but they gave Marth moves that mimiced Roy's. people say Roy is the clone because you unlock Marth first but in reality, Marth is the clone of Roy. which is why i wanted Roy, not Marth, to be in brawl. so before dissing 'clone lovers' you should learn which really are clones and which are real. (same stuff with Mew2/Lucario arguements, they're not clones of each other)

Ok...your argument completely makes no sense. Like RockerJ says, they both debuted in the same game. Also, some further reasoning as to how Roy is the clone:
    - You unlock Roy by clearing the game with Marth.
    - All the clones in Melee have the same placement next to their original counterparts, and if you use C-stick you can see that difference more clearly.
    - Marth was back then the major representative of Fire Emblem. Roy was literally a commercial to sell his game in Japan. Which is further reason why Ike pretty much replaced him.

No one here ever said Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo. I do not know why you mention that. Actually, I'd take Mewtwo over Pichu, Roy, Dr. Mario and Young Link any day. His throws were fantastic stuff, loved using him.

Currently Playing: Brawl, Wi-Fi Brawl and Rhythm Heaven.

Member #
    Friends
    1923-6615-4080-7852
    yea they shouldnt hav taken him out

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Oops. Bad double post.
    Last edited by RockerJ; 07-26-2009 at 04:07 PM.

The Silence Bridge Guru

I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigikart3 View Post
    yea they shouldnt hav taken him out
    My only guess why they did is because they felt as though they had too many Pokemon. But no, they shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by anax4aero View Post
    vBrawl is whatever you make of it. If you're just in it for winning, then by all means abuse MK. There's a lot of us who find it fun to use other characters even if we lose, at the least we're enjoying the game.
    And like I said, I have no beef with Brawl+. I just see it as something almost completely different and thus refrain from saying one is better than the other. Also, slipping does suck, although it doesn't happen enough to me for me to see it as killing vBrawl.
    Oh, and have you heard of Balanced Brawl? you might be interested in checking that out as well, since it is meant to completely balancing the game without changing the mechanics, that way you don't have to learn your characters all over again.
    I like both of them. The only bad thing about vBrawl (other than the slipping) is the fact that you can air dodge right when you get hit to survive KOs. I find it cheap, but I still do it.
    Brawl+ is just something fun I do.

Balanced Brawl doesn't look that good IMO.It adds a lot of unnecessary stuff, and forgot to make Captain Falcon better (they upgraded his f-tilt by 2% damage).

The Silence Bridge Guru

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerJ View Post
    My only guess why they did is because they felt as though they had too many Pokemon. But no, they shouldn't have.
    I think it was a matter of analyzing which characters would draw in more fans to buy the game. Most people who grew up with pokemon in the 90s knew about Jiggly, Pikachu, and Mewtwo, because of the series and the first movie. Pichu was added as cute representative of the second generation pokemon, and also as a lazy slot since they only had to clone Pika.
    Brawl had to appeal to the pokemon fans who probably did not grow up watching pokemon on tv. So Pokemon Trainer was included due to his popularity from the game instead of the series, which is why he has the Leaf green/Fire red appearance. As for Lucario, he is fourth generation and is recognizable by new pokemon fans as he was pretty much the coolest new pokemon they came up with, and got his own movie (just like Mewtwo) before Diamond and Pearl even came out.
    Lastly, Mewtwo was low tier in the last game, so the developers probably realized that not a lot of people would complain if he was conveniently left out.
    And yes, too many pokemon. They probably left out toon zelda/tetra as well because it would mean too many zelda characters.

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Mewtwo was hard as poo to be. However, I Meteor Smashed a Pichu who was using Quick Attack to end the game with him. It was funny stuff.

But FR/LG had Mewtwo in it, and no one cares for Jigglypuff anymore. Could it just be that Jiggly was an original Smasher?

The Silence Bridge Guru

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Screw Marth he looks gay we should of kept Roy.

I ain't adding anymore Brawl Friend Codes.

My AllisBrawl profile

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yea, Jiggly was an original smasher, and she also rose through the tiers in Melee, almost broken in a way.
    And I guess Mewtwo wasn´t as huge in FR/LG as he was in BRY. For BRY, us kids discussed how to catch legendary pokemon at school, it was quite a phenomenon. That made Mewtwo SO much more badass and popular in those times.

I loved in Melee comboing with Dtilt and Dthrow, then when they were at 80% or more, Uthrow for the win. Mewtwo was so cool, not to mention the evil laugh.

edit: GC, you seriously think Roy looks less "gay" than Marth? I had friends who actually argued both of them were women. What you guys have to realize is that they're in their teens, so feminine features are because in their games they're pretty much kids.
    Secondly, Marth was a god in Melee, Roy was barely usable.
    Lastly, gay means happy. It is NOT an insult, so refrain from treating it as an insult. Seriously...
    Last edited by anax4aero; 07-26-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Ads