LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56
  1. #21
    DATSU NUGU RockerJ's Avatar
    Member #
    55603
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Yamanote Circle, Tokyo
    Posts
    3,081
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Quote Originally Posted by anax4aero View Post
    Yea, Jiggly was an original smasher, and she also rose through the tiers in Melee, almost broken in a way.
    And I guess Mewtwo wasn´t as huge in FR/LG as he was in BRY. For BRY, us kids discussed how to catch legendary pokemon at school, it was quite a phenomenon. That made Mewtwo SO much more badass and popular in those times.

    I loved in Melee comboing with Dtilt and Dthrow, then when they were at 80% or more, Uthrow for the win.
    Jiggly was only good in Melee because she was like the only one with an aerial game. I use her in Melee. Her and Marth are my mains.

    Although Marth and Roy are THAT similar, my Marth was like 5x better than my Roy.


    The Silence Bridge Guru

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.


    Spoiler Alert!


  2. Ads


  3. #22
    Se Habla Español GCommander's Avatar
    Member #
    60521
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,647
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by anax4aero View Post
    Yea, Jiggly was an original smasher, and she also rose through the tiers in Melee, almost broken in a way.
    And I guess Mewtwo wasn´t as huge in FR/LG as he was in BRY. For BRY, us kids discussed how to catch legendary pokemon at school, it was quite a phenomenon. That made Mewtwo SO much more badass and popular in those times.

    I loved in Melee comboing with Dtilt and Dthrow, then when they were at 80% or more, Uthrow for the win. Mewtwo was so cool, not to mention the evil laugh.

    edit: GC, you seriously think Roy looks less "gay" than Marth? I had friends who actually argued both of them were women. What you guys have to realize is that they're in their teens, so feminine features are because in their games they're pretty much kids.
    Secondly, Marth was a god in Melee, Roy was barely usable.
    Lastly, gay means happy. It is NOT an insult, so refrain from treating it as an insult. Seriously...
    Have you seen their fighting stance? Have you seen their hairstyles?
    Your friends thought that they were females?

    These are the type of things that make me wish that my Melee worked. My cousin gave it to me last week and it didn't work *sigh*


    I ain't adding anymore Brawl Friend Codes.



    My AllisBrawl profile

  4. #23
    Nintendo Connoisseur anax4aero's Avatar
    Member #
    45158
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    470
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerJ View Post
    Jiggly was only good in Melee because she was like the only one with an aerial game. I use her in Melee. Her and Marth are my mains.

    Although Marth and Roy are THAT similar, my Marth was like 5x better than my Roy.
    Haha, yea, jiggly was a beast in the air, not to mention how good rest was in Melee.
    Actually, I had the same exact mains

    Quote Originally Posted by GCommander View Post
    Have you seen their fighting stance? Have you seen their hairstyles?
    What about their fighting stance? seems pretty graceful to me.
    Also, keep in mind that what looks "gay" is pretty much determined by time and culture. Japanese men are more open to facial cremes, hair salons, and dressing styles that to you would probably be gay. Please be more open-minded about cultural differences.

    Currently Playing: Brawl, Wi-Fi Brawl and Rhythm Heaven.

  5. #24
    Se Habla Español GCommander's Avatar
    Member #
    60521
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,647
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by anax4aero View Post
    Haha, yea, jiggly was a beast in the air, not to mention how good rest was in Melee.
    Actually, I had the same exact mains



    What about their fighting stance? seems pretty graceful to me.
    Also, keep in mind that what looks "gay" is pretty much determined by time and culture. Japanese men are more open to facial cremes, hair salons, and dressing styles that to you would probably be gay. Please be more open-minded about cultural differences.
    Ok... but what does any of that have to do with a videogame


    I ain't adding anymore Brawl Friend Codes.



    My AllisBrawl profile

  6. #25
    DATSU NUGU RockerJ's Avatar
    Member #
    55603
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Yamanote Circle, Tokyo
    Posts
    3,081
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Quote Originally Posted by GCommander View Post
    Ok... but what does any of that have to do with a videogame
    Marth and Roy were based on men in that time, so they would use all that (the hair salon, make up, etc.) It's not that they are based on today, but rather based on a time when men used "gay" stuff.


    The Silence Bridge Guru

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.


    Spoiler Alert!


  7. #26
    Se Habla Español GCommander's Avatar
    Member #
    60521
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,647
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerJ View Post
    Marth and Roy were based on men in that time, so they would use all that (the hair salon, make up, etc.) It's not that they are based on today, but rather based on a time when men used "gay" stuff.
    Really? The game came out in 2001.

    This is all off topic.


    I ain't adding anymore Brawl Friend Codes.



    My AllisBrawl profile

  8. #27
    N64 Smash Bros Addict SmashBrosFever87's Avatar
    Member #
    1586
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    92
    Friends
    6
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by anax4aero View Post
    vBrawl is whatever you make of it. If you're just in it for winning, then by all means abuse MK.
    I've never never liked MK, I never use him unless I get it on random.
    Quote Originally Posted by anax4aero View Post
    There's a lot of us who find it fun to use other characters even if we lose, at the least we're enjoying the game.
    I enjoy Brawl so much winning is not always #1 on my priority list, I main the random selection. I hate playing the same character twice or more in a row.

    It's just VB seems unbalanced to me.

    Oh and about balanced brawl, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239604

    Also I don't care if discussions get off topic.
    Last edited by SmashBrosFever87; 07-26-2009 at 05:32 PM.


    Oh here's to my sweet satan. The one who's little path would make me sad, who's power is Satan. He'll give you, give you 666. There was a little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan.

  9. #28
    DATSU NUGU RockerJ's Avatar
    Member #
    55603
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Yamanote Circle, Tokyo
    Posts
    3,081
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Quote Originally Posted by GCommander View Post
    Really? The game came out in 2001.

    This is all off topic.
    Just because the game came out in 2001 doesn't change the time the game was based on.


    The Silence Bridge Guru

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.


    Spoiler Alert!


  10. #29
    Not Here Shadow*91's Avatar
    Member #
    55593
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Another site.
    Posts
    1,915
    Friends
    38
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by anax4aero
    Ok...your argument completely makes no sense. Like RockerJ says, they both debuted in the same game. Also, some further reasoning as to how Roy is the clone:
    - You unlock Roy by clearing the game with Marth.
    - All the clones in Melee have the same placement next to their original counterparts, and if you use C-stick you can see that difference more clearly.
    - Marth was back then the major representative of Fire Emblem. Roy was literally a commercial to sell his game in Japan. Which is further reason why Ike pretty much replaced him.

    No one here ever said Lucario is a clone of Mewtwo. I do not know why you mention that. Actually, I'd take Mewtwo over Pichu, Roy, Dr. Mario and Young Link any day. His throws were fantastic stuff, loved using him.
    sorry for a late response, i haven't been on as much.

    now my arguement would make no sensw, by a Smash point of view. however in FE, Roy had a powerful flame move, a flaming uppercut slash, a multihit sword attack and a counter. in FE, Marth had an extremely fast uppercut slash, a counter and other moves which he doesn't get in either smash. now does my arguement make sense? by FE standards, Marth was the Roy clone. you're right, at the time Marth was pretty much the FE poster child but in smash he became a Roy clone. They both had dozens of ways to be completely different, yet they made Marth a Roy clone in Melee. Roy was taken out because Sakurai didn't want clones. if he didn't want clones then he should've taken out Marth.

    and i mentioned Mew2 because of all the clone arguements about him and Lucario when, like RockerJ pointed out, the only similar move is Neutral B and even those are quite different.

  11. #30
    DATSU NUGU RockerJ's Avatar
    Member #
    55603
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Yamanote Circle, Tokyo
    Posts
    3,081
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow*91 View Post
    sorry for a late response, i haven't been on as much.

    now my arguement would make no sensw, by a Smash point of view. however in FE, Roy had a powerful flame move, a flaming uppercut slash, a multihit sword attack and a counter. in FE, Marth had an extremely fast uppercut slash, a counter and other moves which he doesn't get in either smash. now does my arguement make sense? by FE standards, Marth was the Roy clone. you're right, at the time Marth was pretty much the FE poster child but in smash he became a Roy clone. They both had dozens of ways to be completely different, yet they made Marth a Roy clone in Melee. Roy was taken out because Sakurai didn't want clones. if he didn't want clones then he should've taken out Marth.

    and i mentioned Mew2 because of all the clone arguements about him and Lucario when, like RockerJ pointed out, the only similar move is Neutral B and even those are quite different.

    Just a few things I need to say:

    1. I think what Anax said about Marth being the main one would have been a bigger hit in Japan, just like Lucario w/Mewtwo.
    2. Did either of him have their Neutral B in a game? My FE knowledge is 0.


    The Silence Bridge Guru

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.


    Spoiler Alert!


+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

brawl characters

,
brawl plus character changes
,
brawl plus character downloads
,

brawl plus characters

,
brawl plus new characters
,
download charecthers for brawl plus
,
how to add characters to brawl plus
,
how to add more character slots to brawl
,
ssbb add character slots
,
ssbb extra character slots
,
ssbb how to add character slots
,
ssbb more character slots
Click on a term to search for related topics.