Here are list of things you may or may not know about all Smash Bros.
Note [PLEASE READ]
I also posted this on a SSB related site, since I'm posting it here it's going to be edited due to it being on a bigger site and there are some of those people that would like to sware for no reason over mishaps and sometimes unrelated stuff. If you knew any of this stuff, don't make a big deal out of it. Other people may not have. And don't be a Smart A***************!
Another thing, these aren't made up and I did not find them on my own!
- The First SSB was going to have Final Smashes.
- In the first Smash Bros. If you go to the debug sound test, theres an unused Fan Fare sound. Among other unused sounds like Ness's unused PK Starstorm voice.
- SSBB was going to have a visual damage system where you could see scars of each character after a certain damage percentage like a crack in Meta Knight's Mask and a bruised Snake and Captain Falcon.
- Some of Brawl's beta content was removed or changed.
- Final Smashes were going to be in Melee also.
- In Melee's debug mode you can hear unused Fan Fares, a hidden Marth Voice that sounds like "Let's dance!" (It may be something in Japanese), Captian Falcon's "Blue Falcon" and "Come on" for his Melee Final Smash, and more.
- Melee had "All Star" Loading Screens, many think the reason they wasn't used was because of Melee's fast loading times. Or maybe they were never taken out... Can be seen from Melee's Debug mode.
- It's believed that Captian Falcon's appearance in the first Smash Bros. had something to do with the previous game "Smash Bros." type game. Dragon...something... All of the characters look like him. They may have been beta styled figures. Captian Falcon's move set may be one of the character's move set.
- As in Melee, in the first smash bros. there are beta stages but all of them are variations of kirby stages and one completely different stage but same shape.
- Melee was going to have a Fire Emblem stage. Code still exists on the disk.
- There is a DEBUG stage called ICETOP where it's susposed to be the top of that Icecle Mountain stage. Maybe it was only going to be used for Adventure Mode.
- In Melee, Sheik was going to get her own Target Smash, the beta stage was named: TSEAK.
- I like this one. The Event in Melee called: Super Mario 128 was based off of a game called...Super Mario 128. It had 128 mini marios in it, moving SQUARES on a [soon to be figured out at the end of the video] "Game Cube" disk[shaped like a pizza I guess]. I'm guessing that the game was scrapped to be Pikmin. The sound in the video(mario's Yippies) are in Pikmin. Well, I'm not sure on that last part, I never played Pikmin. There were comments, it may be true. You be the Judge
- In Great Bay(melee) I believe that in the beta it was possible to go into the Lab.
- In Meleee, Ditto was going to be a pokeball pokemon. There's even raw data of it in DEBUG Mode. You can see him when you choose the pokemon(in DEBUG Mode) but he does nothing.
- Brawl had a lot of unused Trophies.
- Two "Japanese only" trophies are on the American/Pal Melee. Only achievable from the Debug Menu. They are fully translated, even the special messages.(I don't know aboot the Pal's other languages though.)
- Snakes original mines looked more serious.
- In Brawl, along with the unused trophies there are some unused gamecube game CD trophies.
- In Brawl's training mode, there was a 2x speed.
- Ridley was going to be an assist trophy.
- Rosalina was going to be an assist trophy.
- Flint(Lucas's dad [some say he's an older Ness]) from Mother 3 was going to be an assist trophy.
- Link's hair was going to be longer in brawl.
- To my surprize Twilight princess and SSBB's Link's voices aren't the same.
- Characters that were going to be in Brawl were done but not included as in graphics I think. Judging by the sd mods hack Nintendo could have made downloadable content like Phoenix Wright.
- SSBB had lots of unused sound effects.
- OK, this doesn't completely have anything to do with smash but I would like you to know of what cf looks like with out the visor so...
- Toon Zelda and Toon Shiek may have equaled Toon Zelda and Toon Tetra.
- "I thought the same thing once, but Sakurai confirmed that that was the original plan in a Famitsu interview done around the time of the game's release." Gamefaqs.com who were the "Forbidden 7" post(This meaning that diddy and dixie was going to be like ice climbers.)
I went ahead and posted all I remember here. Due to suspicions.......................don't mock my spelling, I'm really hurt right now, I'm shaking, and it took me a long time to do this. Found the source and on this site there are lots of other games with this kind of info(possibly your favorite game). http://www.unseen64.net/beta-and-cancelled-videogames/
Last edited by handy333; 03-16-2012 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Tetra and the diddy thing...
Battle Scar would be nice. And knowing that there may have been final smashes in the 64 version is kinda scary. Puts into perspective how many years in advance developers plan.
Pretty much games will do that to you cause i remember playing GOW 2 and i saw the deleted scenes and levels and i wanted to know why they removed it.
I love this kind of things, Itīs sad the reason to not include something thatīs left like a beta remain is only the lack of time.
Look at it this way: Would you rather have a good game lacking beta features, or have ALL the features except they're half-baked? Things like that are what makes waiting for Half-Life episode 3 worth it.
Yeah, I think you are right, at least certain things that were supposed to be in the original SSB appeared in SSBB, that means, things were supposed to be in SSBB will appear eventually and improved, I would love to see Toon Zelda someday.