LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 148 of 444 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 4438
Like Tree903Likes

Thread: Super Smash Bros. 4

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    In regards t' moveset potential instead'a character preference, I'd definitely like t' see a Lancer from Fire Emblem. Ephraim or indeed, Caeda would certainly do. On that note, I certainly wouldn't mind seein' strange ol' axe-wieldin' Hector neither.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    I think our only hope for an axe or lance user stands with Chrom. But from what I hear, he seems like a Marth / Ike clone waiting to happen. Sad to think Roy, Chrom, and Lucina are the top FE choices, and their ALL clone material

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Don't know 'bout the latter two; never heard'a the latter-most; but the only (barely) feasible argument Roy could possibly be clone-bait is 'cause he was a Melee clone to begin with. Considerin' Marth's moveset literally spawned from a single attack animation (... assuming the retro FEs he was in even had 'em), there's simply no reason why they couldn't completely revamp Roy t' return with a moveset wholly differentiated from both Marth and especially Ike. At worst, Roy would be as much of a clone t' Marth as Brawl Ganon is t' Brawl Falcon. Considerin' even that much had complaints, I really doubt Ninty intends to keep even move appearance similarities to a minimum, 'specially amongst spacies.

In short, there's no way Roy would be clone-ish if he did return. Which he almost certainly won't.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Roy would be as much a clone as Ganondorf is in Brawl. Without a doubt in my mind. Sakurai doesn't really change up movesets like we would want. He won't be an IDENTICLE clone, but he's not going to be a completely unique character, this I know for sure.

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Fire Emblem evaluation:
    I think Ike is staying. He has a huge fan base, and even some favoritism within the Fire Emblem Staff (Old Hubba said that the Ike card was his favorite card, and how he was the strongest ever, and Priam exists in Awakening). Ike has a lot going for him, he is not going anywhere. Speaking of Priam, I think he and Vangaurd Ike should be a costume for Ike.

That leads us to Marth and I am 110% sure he will be in the next game. I am not worried about that. What I am worried about is his voice. Now that he is in an English game he might get an English voice. If that happens I hope they give us the option to use his Japanese one instead.

Even with the somewhat large Roy Fanbase in Japan, I think Roy has been completely overshadowed by Ike who also puts the Fire in Fire Emblem and is not a semi-clone.

Ok, here are the Fire Emblem character who I think should be in the roster. Lucina and Chrom as a Marth costume and alt voice, Micaiah because we need a tome wielder, Ephraim for being a Spear Lord but I don't see likeliness, and Walhart for being a quasi villain who wields an axe and was in the newest game. If Lyn does get in, she probably will not be a Marth Clone. She does have one thing going for her as she is the first Lord of the Western World. Also Lyn has a bow which would complete the circle I just drew.

Honorable mention: Owain is awesome

How I think Ephriam should play
    How I think Lyndis should play

Throw Walhart in that pole.

As for Legend of Zelda:
    We need Masked Link which would represent three races from the Legend of Zelda Universe (and possibly Fierce Deity Link as a Final Smash) and Toon Zelda and Phantom Zelda because we now have a good unique Toon Zelda transformation who actually can fight.

Ganondorf is staying and is not going to be replaced. He is the other third.
    Ghirahim... I don't think he is getting in.

As for the costumes, I would love to see TPZelda and SSZelda and OoTZelda as costumes.
    As well as Magic Armor for Link, Outset and Conductor for Toon Link. It would also be cool to have a Demise style skin for Ganon.

Throw Toon Zelda and Phantom Zelda as a single character in that pole.
    How I think she should play
    How I think Masked Link should play minus Young Link (I just put Young Link in for the fun of it)

Now for Mario:
    Waluigi needs to be forgotten forever. I also think he should have been named Gamgi after gamma (Γ) which looks like an upside down L like W is an upside down M.
    We might get a new Down B for Luigi (Luigi's Mansion).
    We will get Super Mario Galaxy Stage.
    Yoshi might get influenced by Super Mario Galaxy 2.
    I would like to see Rosalina either as a Peach costume or a new character.
    We might get Bowser Jr.
    Toad... I don't think so. He is kinda like a place holder character like Bandana Dee.
    Mr. L needs to be a Luigi skin as well as Ice and Flying Luigi. Not to mention we need a Doctor Mario costume with Pills and Ice and Flying Mario. Dry Bowser would also be a cool addition as a costume.

Why not Pokémon because I am already on a roll:
    Lucario is not going to last. He replaced Pichu as the rep for the newest Generation, and Replaced Mewtwo in likeness. The same will happen to him.
    We might get Mewtwo back because now he is a bridge from the first gen to the sixth gen. However I fear we might get the Newtwo only.
    Sadly Pichu is probably never coming back.
    The Pokémon Trainer needs to have shiny variants as a costume.

As for Metroid:
    Miny Ridley would be cool, but I think I would enjoy miny Omega Metroid instead or both.

Let's talk about the old school:
    The reason why Ice Climbers was in the game is because Ice Climbers represented the 8-bit games, but now we have ROB which I think is a better representative.
    And we all know of Ice Climbers Balancing issues so they are on thin ice.
    Even with the balancing issue I still like the Ice Climbers uniqueness and want them to stay.

Kid Icarus:
    I think we are going to get two Pits. The Pit from Brawl and an Uprising Pit.
    I do want to see Palutena get in but she might end up like Zelda with a Down B.

I don't think we are going to see too many changes to the Kirby Series. Besides Meta balancing.

I don't think we are getting any new Star Fox characters.

I am content with the F-Zero roster. Anything else would be out shined by the awesome Falcon Punch and the electric Knee of Justice.

Others:
    Little Mac NEEDS TO BE IN
    Shulk from Xenoblade would be nice to have.

How I think Little Mac should play (Different from the one in the same post as the Ephriam one)

Third Party:

I hope Sonic and Snake stay in for the next round.
    Sonic is Mario's old business rival
    Snake is SNAKE, SNAKE, SNAAAAAAAAAKE.

Namco Bandai:
    Pac-Man is an iconic Namco character and an iconic character to the Arcade age not to mention one of the most well known icons of the entire industry of video games.
    Some people from Tales would fit nicely.

Capcom:
    Mega Man would fit more than nicely.

Square Enix:
    Dragon Quest needs to be in.

Here is all the links in a single page

I just linked a huge post to a bigger post
    Last edited by Mr. MR; 05-07-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    Neosquid and Splash_King like this.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Did you know Sakurai thought of giving Luigi his vacuum, in Melee but didn't because he wasn't sure if LM would stick. Now that we have a sequel, I can definitely see him implementing it.

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Ok I am done editing now
    If you didn't read the full thing, give it another shot.
    Donchu guys dare tl;dr

And yes I did
    Last edited by Mr. MR; 05-07-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyLolita View Post
    Also, is there any personal favorite characters you would like to see added to my latest poll? I wouldn't mind adding them for you. That goes for all four of you guys here.
    Which four?

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    In regards t' moveset potential instead'a character preference, I'd definitely like t' see a Lancer from Fire Emblem. Ephraim or indeed, Caeda would certainly do. On that note, I certainly wouldn't mind seein' strange ol' axe-wieldin' Hector neither.
    Ephraim wouldn't be half bad. I'd like to see him in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    huge post
    *Ahem*

Spoiler Alert!

No longer brawling online. No longer accepting any Friend Adds.

Only playing Project M online. Only add me if you have the current Wi-Fi Safe version of Project M.

Spoiler Alert!

♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    I would have Liked that post if it were not for the pessimism involving Ghiry...and Ghirahim is FAR more likely then Masked Link at this point, I hope you realize. You don't need to be a fanboy to know that.

I'm honestly seeing Chrom as the most likely Fire Emblem choice. Maybe Lucina, I dunno.

Yeah, f*ck Waluigi. And Luigi really should get his vacuum, which is really possible due to Dark Moon.

What do you mean by "two Pits"? The Pit from Uprising and the Pit from Brawl are basically the same person.
    Last edited by Neosquid; 05-07-2013 at 02:22 PM.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I would have Liked that post if it were not for the pessimism involving Ghiry...and Ghirahim is FAR more likely then Masked Link at this point, I hope you realize. You don't need to be a fanboy to know that.
    ... You're here?

Remember that I've only played two LoZ games in my entire life. Those were Minish Cap and Four Swords, both on my 3DS.

I don't even know who anyone is besides Toon Link and Vaati, until Brawl was introduced.
    Link I could figure out who he was myself, and apparently Ganon is a villain. I think 'Karpmod told me something about the Triforce of Power?

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    What do you mean by "two Pits"? The Pit from Uprising and the Pit from Brawl are basically the same person.
    Yes, that was what I was implying when I said what I said.

No longer brawling online. No longer accepting any Friend Adds.

Only playing Project M online. Only add me if you have the current Wi-Fi Safe version of Project M.

Spoiler Alert!

Ads