LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 285 of 411 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 4107
Like Tree780Likes

Thread: Super Smash Bros. 4

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    What if Disarming Voice replaces Sing altogether. Like a quick sound blast with moderate knockback

Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    I want to see if Jigglypuff gets a new Up-B. No one used that move competitively, as far as I could see.

EDIT: greninja'd while using greninja
    Last edited by Tragonight; 04-02-2014 at 06:24 PM.

No longer brawling online. No longer accepting any Friend Adds.

Only playing Project M online. Only add me if you have the current Wi-Fi Safe version of Project M.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Nonono, Sing needs to stay. It's obviously a bad/mediocre move, but putting enemies to sleep via song is Jigglypuff's biggest motif, it would be like removing Mario's fireball, maybe even worse. It really does need to get upgraded, however, in some way or another. If anything, I think Pound should be replaced. While it's a surprisingly useful move for what it is, that doesn't make it any less generic. I think Jigglypuff might appreciate a projectile more anyway, assuming that Disarming Voice or Dazzling Gleam worked as (good) projectiles.

ε(´3`)з

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Nonono, Sing needs to stay. It's obviously a bad/mediocre move, but putting enemies to sleep via song is Jigglypuff's biggest motif, it would be like removing Mario's fireball, maybe even worse. It really does need to get upgraded, however, in some way or another. If anything, I think Pound should be replaced. While it's a surprisingly useful move for what it is, that doesn't make it any less generic. I think Jigglypuff might appreciate a projectile more anyway, assuming that Disarming Voice or Dazzling Gleam worked as (good) projectiles.
    Jigglypuff already puts people to sleep with rest, figuratively.
    Replace Jiggly's Rollout with Sing. Give it better range and make it easier to use.
    And use Disarming Voice as a blast wave with medium range as her Up-B

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragonight View Post
    I want to see if Jigglypuff gets a new Up-B. No one used that move competitively, as far as I could see.
    cause its useless lol

Nonono, Sing needs to stay. It's obviously a bad/mediocre move, so it should get a huge buff instead of being left as unusable.
    fix'd

Sing can punish spot dodges and rolls behind without needin' to react. If you can't lessen Sing's sleep duration by control stick rotation/button mashing, it becomes a free Rest. Furthermore, makin' Rest's hitbox not having any pauses means it can't be dodged by spamming spot dodges, giving Sing more consistent use. Rest isn't broken in vBrawl and probably won't be in Smash 4 either, so that'd be a great buff to Sing without bein' broken. It'd also make Rest moar useful. Jiggs should have some "reliable" KO power since she's so bloody light. Doesn't have anythin' else to her name since great recovery only goes so far when ya pop like a balloon.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    But Rollout is so fun to use, don't forget that us casuals play this game too. I think that Pound could easily be replaced with Disarming Voice, which like you said could be a blast projectile similar to Samus' normal B, only with some differing qualities.

ε(´3`)з

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    I was thinking of a wave that goes in all directions. Jiggs doesn't need long projectiles. She needs quick powerfull moves.

Also remember that the competitive smashers play the game forever.
    The casuals will play it regardless

Remember Jiggles ability Competitive
    Splash_King likes this.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    But Rollout is so fun to use, don't forget that us casuals play this game too. I think that Pound could easily be replaced with Disarming Voice, which like you said could be a blast projectile similar to Samus' normal B, only with some differing qualities.
    Don't forget its unreliability. IIRC if you hit the corner of the stage with Rollout, you Magic Bounce off and die.

Plus, Pound helps Jigglypuff stay in the air longer, the place where it triumphs. Rollout can easily be predicted and dodged/countered.

No longer brawling online. No longer accepting any Friend Adds.

Only playing Project M online. Only add me if you have the current Wi-Fi Safe version of Project M.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    I've found Rollout really useful but I mostly play against fellow casuals, so that doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot. But I never found it easy to kill yourself with, it's easy to turn around. It's certainly possible to kill yourself with it, but you'd have to make a pretty major derp.

Rollout is still one of my favorite parts of playing Jigglypuff, it's certainly an entertaining move to use, even if it's (apparently) not very good in competitive matches. Pound is relatively boring despite its higher usefulness, it's literally just her punching in front of her.

Alternatively, Disarming Voice could use the same b-tilt as Sing. Maybe pressing a certain button alongside up-b could make her using a damaging sound wave attack instead, with a similar animation/radius to sing.

ε(´3`)з

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    I've found Rollout really useful but I mostly play against fellow casuals, so that doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot. But I never found it easy to kill yourself with, it's easy to turn around. It's certainly possible to kill yourself with it, but you'd have to make a pretty major derp.

Rollout is still one of my favorite parts of playing Jigglypuff, it's certainly an entertaining move to use, even if it's (apparently) not very good in competitive matches. Pound is relatively boring despite its higher usefulness, it's literally just her punching in front of her.

Alternatively, Disarming Voice could use the same b-tilt as Sing. Maybe pressing a certain button alongside up-b could make her using a damaging sound wave attack instead, with a similar animation/radius to sing.
    Out of all of Jiggles Specials the only useful one is Pound. Also remember Jigglypuff didn't always have Rollout.
    They nerfed Rest and Rollout and Sing have never been good.
    If they buff Sing then Rest would have to be nerfed
    If they buff Rest then Sing is useless
    Rollout has always been bad

Spoiler Alert!

Ads