LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 428 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 4276
Like Tree833Likes

Thread: Super Smash Bros. 4

  1. #441
    Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    54492
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,335
    Friends
    38
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    There has been numerous discussion threads on this site disputing clone characters in both melee and brawl. Neither side ever wins the argument because neither is ever willing to back down and change their opinions. It's kinda sad, really... But I digress.

    Personally I disagree that Gannon's move set is a clone of falcons. While they have many similar qualities in terms of how the moves appear to look, their properties are nothing alike, an being a good player as captain falcon does not at all mean you will be remotely effective with ganondorf. They play completely different, as do their moves. In melee, Ganon and falcon, fox and falco, pikachu and pitchu, link and young link, etc, etc, those were more closely to the definition of clone characters. They remedied many of these in brawl, and will likely remedy more in the next installment.

  2. #442
    WiiChat Member BossFight's Avatar
    Member #
    87730
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    152
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    There has been numerous discussion threads on this site disputing clone characters in both melee and brawl. Neither side ever wins the argument because neither is ever willing to back down and change their opinions. It's kinda sad, really... But I digress.

    Personally I disagree that Gannon's move set is a clone of falcons. While they have many similar qualities in terms of how the moves appear to look, their properties are nothing alike, an being a good player as captain falcon does not at all mean you will be remotely effective with ganondorf. They play completely different, as do their moves. In melee, Ganon and falcon, fox and falco, pikachu and pitchu, link and young link, etc, etc, those were more closely to the definition of clone characters. They remedied many of these in brawl, and will likely remedy more in the next installment.
    The thing isn't even really about similar movesets. The Star Fox characters are fine to me, and while I feel Toon Link and Link have enough different abilities to go by to make them more different, they're okay too. My beef is with Ganondorf. I already said I knew he wasn't a clone, the main issue is that he's still based off of Captain Falcon's moveset, rather than using the moveset options he could have from his own games.

    You do make a good point though. They did remedy characters from Melee to Brawl, even if they didn't give Ganondorf a unique moveset, so like before we can certainly expect them to remedy further.
    Last edited by BossFight; 04-29-2012 at 06:57 PM.

  3. #443
    Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    54492
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,335
    Friends
    38
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I see your point, and I'll agree with you on it. I'd like to see a more diverse moveset for Ganon.

  4. #444
    The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    16,068
    Friends
    123
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Me 'n BossFight already had this discussion actually, Storm. Not surprised it popped up again.

    Just to restate my opinion, my stance is that Brawl destroyed the concept of "clones", but didn't perfectly remedy the problem of "inspired", unoriginal moveset, the moveset(s) in question being entirely different function from the other character or not.

    In short, Ganon needz moar originality.

    Quote Originally Posted by BossFight View Post
    Random Assist Trophy Switch, and Random Character Switch.
    BRILLIANT!

    Ridiculously simple, but brilliant. I'm shocked I didn't think of that myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    Development has officially begun!!!!
    YEY

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    Your feeding the real troll *cough* BossFight *cough*
    (trolol)lol

    Quote Originally Posted by weavile001 View Post
    are you sure? i think you are
    Storm is a troll buster, amigo.

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

  5. #445
    WiiChat Member weavile001's Avatar
    Member #
    86967
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    somewhere , you dont wanna know where, right?
    Posts
    151
    Friends
    14
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3887-7543-1298-0991
    it should have awards for playing tournaments
    also , a quick match button . like ,press and fight , with random settings
    and global rankings and more minigames,fun modes 2 play
    Spoiler Alert!

    Spoiler Alert!

    try snipe with a shotgun= totaly cool

  6. #446
    ♦ monado buster ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    55501
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,638
    Friends
    45
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Bump?

    I've determined that if for some reason neither Ghirahim or Jigglypuff are in the game, I'm not buying it.




    The Fuchsia City Guru

    <(θ)>

    Spoiler Alert!

  7. #447
    Ace Attorney Mr. MR's Avatar
    Member #
    82844
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    シオンタウン
    Posts
    5,723
    Friends
    69
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Bump?

    I've determined that if for some reason neither Ghirahim or Jigglypuff are in the game, I'm not buying it.
    Well if it makes you feel better SSB4 is probably going to have both





    Spoiler Alert!

  8. #448
    ♦ monado buster ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    55501
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,638
    Friends
    45
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Haha, I know, it probably will. The scenario which I won't buy it is incredibly unlikely. xD




    The Fuchsia City Guru

    <(θ)>

    Spoiler Alert!

  9. #449
    The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    55490
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    16,068
    Friends
    123
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I've determined that if for some reason neither Ghirahim or Jigglypuff are in the game, I'm not buying it.
    Then you'd be just as pathetic as the gamers who bought Soul Calibur 5 just to play as Ezio.

    ... ... ... I can assure you I was tempted...

    The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

    Spoiler Alert!

  10. #450
    ♦ monado buster ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    55501
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,638
    Friends
    45
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Then you'd be just as pathetic as the gamers who bought Soul Calibur 5 just to play as Ezio.

    ... ... ... I can assure you I was tempted...
    I bought Mario Strikers Charged just because Petey Piranha was in it....didn't enjoy the game regardless, sold it.




    The Fuchsia City Guru

    <(θ)>

    Spoiler Alert!

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Next Super Smash Bros.
    By Fear Cakes in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 06:28 PM
  2. Super mario Galaxy or Super Smash bros Brawl
    By zeon9881 in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 03:05 PM
  3. Super Smash Bros. DS?
    By wiigotdawii in forum Nintendo DS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 02:08 PM
  4. super smash bros 64?
    By gamerfreak4321 in forum Virtual Console, WiiWare and DSIWare
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 12:58 PM
  5. Super Smash Bros & Super Mario Galaxies Release
    By TwilightWarrior in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 10:47 AM

Search tags for this page

geno for super smash bros 4
,
giygas as a boss in ssb4
,

groose wii chat

,
mawile super smash
,
pokemon black and white protagonist names
,
smash bros villager high tier
,

ssb4 release date

,

super smash bros 4

,
super smash bros 4 final boss
,
super smash bros 4 pacman
,
super smash bros flash 4
,
wii forum
Click on a term to search for related topics.