Page 152 of 161 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1609
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: Project M Discussion Thread

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9000-0000-0000-0001

No longer brawling online. No longer accepting any Friend Adds.

Only playing Project M online. Only add me if you have the current Wi-Fi Safe version of Project M.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1766-9368-9882-0000
    I've been loving PM lately. Also heard it's possible on Wii U. So I'm gonna try it in a couple weeks. My main problem is controller.

I'd wish I could add my own costumes and music without desyncing online.
    Those extra modes add even more fun! Support for this game is awesome. Hopefully it doesn't drop for Smash 4, that'd be crazy.

So... do all you guys play together like a little club? Or is it a common interest thing?

Private Message for faster re-adding!

Click the 'Show' button to see THE best signature you'll EVER see.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    Quote Originally Posted by KRKanon View Post
    I've been loving PM lately. Also heard it's possible on Wii U. So I'm gonna try it in a couple weeks. My main problem is controller.
    It is possible. And yes, you have to use either the Wiimote / Nunchuk or Classic Controller on the Wii U.

I'd wish I could add my own costumes and music without desyncing online.
    Those extra modes add even more fun! Support for this game is awesome. Hopefully it doesn't drop for Smash 4, that'd be crazy.
    You can add as much music as you want. Music doesn't affect anything. With textures, however, make sure they are Wi-Fi Safe and you're good.

By extra modes, do you mean Turbo Mode? Yeah, I wish they had a complete online version of that...

So... do all you guys play together like a little club? Or is it a common interest thing?
    I don't know what you mean.

Only playing Project M online. Only add me if you have the current Wi-Fi Safe version of Project M.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    PM is so hit or miss for me. I like it sometimes, but then I go to a tournament and play nothing but Meta Knights, Zeldas, or other floaty characters and it's just so boring.

The Silence Bridge Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.
    Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    Zelda gained popularity now? I thought Fox and Marth were always the big show.

or mayb u could just get gud scrubface
    Splash_King likes this.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    I never play any Marths. And I play few Foxes. I mostly play floaty Brawl characters that aren't fun to play against.

The Silence Bridge Guru

I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I'm starting to lose interest in P:M too, it feels so much more autopilot than melee when I'm doing well. I mainly get slightly floaty middle weights, (Mario, Kirby, the 'normal' characters that people use when they're viable,) but it doesn't even really matter anymore, I don't even have to play decent to style on people anymore, and I'm really not that good at P:M.

I get the feeling that there is way too much buffing in P:M at this point, Link didn't need to get Young Link's frames, a double in his killing power, and more hit stun on everything, a little re-arrangement of hitboxes (from melee) to make him flow better would've put him in high tier... a slight speed buff to feel more like Link, since he is an agile character, and then a slight range buff, to make his master sword look it's actual length in the games, there, balanced with Marth (and if not, keep tweaking from there, it's still closer). That's close enough to Fox that it's just matchups that determine where he finally goes on the tier list.

And I still don't get why everyone's recovery is suddenly better than Foxes... sure the top tier didn't have the distance that someone like Link had in melee, but that's because Link didn't have the combo game they did, that's balanced, that's flaws and useful traits exchanged, you just can't make a character have bad traits that pile up, such as easy to combo and edge guard, where everyone can just autopilot you (Bowser).

And now every character has a gimmick too, Ike with his QD cancelling, Zss with her stun, Bowser with armor... Spacies had that in shine, the ability to use shield mechanics offensively, which is actually ingenious when you think about it, but that's a tool that's godly in the hands of a professional player after years of meta game advancement, most of these new gimmicks were made to seem that effective at release... Well, that's not right on so many levels, either that means there's no progress for these character's metagame, or they're actually going to continuously get more broken... (looking at you Mewtwo)

I just can't stand P:M anymore these days, the idea of the game is one of the best that's ever been attempted in the fighting game community, but the result just doesn't work well. I think that having PPMD and M2K work together on this would actually make one of the best games so far, their different kinds of insights on the game would make it interesting to say the least. All of that said, they could at least start focusing more on how the top players feel about the game, instead of the semi-casuals. There's a general disdain for it among the actual talent (aside from M2K who just loves smash). The process simply isn't professional enough for a professionally intended activity.

I dunno, felt like ranting about something. Doesn't change anything, but maybe if I get worked up enough over it I'll actually try and get in the PMBR, then do some sort of Lelouch gambit and rule the smash community when it finally looked like I was powerless. Need to stop going on this site when I'm drunk...

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Sounds like your problem is the people who you fight
    It's much more fun if you get KDJ like people playing with you
    RockerJ likes this.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Yeah, everyone here isn't very good at Smash for me. I can "style" on all of them no problem. How I counter this is I go play with people who are an hour+ away. They're the closest players who are at my level and better. The game is a lot more fun when I play with them.

The Silence Bridge Guru

Member #
    Friends
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    We need to play against each other again.

Spoiler Alert!

Ads