LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 369
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: WiiChat's Smash4 Group Roster!

  1. #161
    WiiChat Member HeyLolita's Avatar
    Member #
    91909
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    135
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    How can you shrug off Dixie Kong for being a clone, and yet praise Toon Zelda? I don't even know where to begin on how retarded that is. Dixie Kong actually has her own moveset from her game of origin. Toon Zelda was going to be a clone, fully equipped with a fake character named Toon Shiek.

    Dixie Kong literally has her own game in the DKC franchise, and plays second Banana to Diddy in DKC2. Toon Zelda literally does nothing in her appearences besides getting captured.

    How can K. Rool be more likely when Dixie was literally going to be playable?
    Last edited by HeyLolita; 05-14-2013 at 11:54 PM.

  2. #162
    PK Rockin' Avatar Mr. MR's Avatar
    Member #
    82844
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    シオンタウン
    Posts
    5,995
    Friends
    71
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    First off: I was not praising. I vote for who I think is likely not ones I praise. However praise of the game they came from I will praise.
    Toon Zelda might not be the most original character but Phantom Zelda and Tetra are, making half of her moveset completely original.

    Second, the forbidden seven I believe were cut for a reason or may not have been playable in the first place. They could have been a re-texture, or slightly different clones, or enemy only for all we know.

    Sure Dixie Kong is important but not as important as Krool.

    Also no data was in those .pac files so we have no idea how far they gotten with actually creating the character. The most likely scenario is that they haven't even started making them, which I would deduce that none of them were close to getting a spot. More like they were conceived and that is about it. Just an inception.
    Last edited by Mr. MR; 05-15-2013 at 12:02 AM.





    Spoiler Alert!

  3. #163
    WiiChat Member HeyLolita's Avatar
    Member #
    91909
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    135
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    First off: I was not praising. I vote for who I think is likely not ones I praise.
    Okay, agreed.

    Toon Zelda might not be the most original character but Phantom Zelda and Tetra are, making half of her moveset completely original.
    If you're picking Toon Zelda because she's likely why do you keep attaching these two to her?

    Second, the forbidden seven I believe were cut for a reason or may not have been playable in the first place. They could have been a re-texture, or slightly different clones, or enemy only for all we know.
    Then why did you vote for Toon Zelda?...

    Also, we know some were probably cut due to Sonic's late addition and time contraints. And no, they were all character files.

    Sure Dixie Kong is important but not as important as Krool.
    SSB64: Pika & Jiggs / Mario & Luigi
    Melee: Marth & Roy / Peach, Bowser & Doc / Ganondorf, Young Link, Zelda, Shiek / Mewtwo & Pichu
    Brawl: Lucario & Pokemon Trainer / Dedede & Meta Knight

    Why can't we have both Dixie and K. Rool?

    Also wish you wouldn't vote so quickly you gays. We could simply discuss stuff? I was hoping voting would be a last resort.
    Last edited by HeyLolita; 05-15-2013 at 12:12 AM.

  4. #164
    PK Rockin' Avatar Mr. MR's Avatar
    Member #
    82844
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    シオンタウン
    Posts
    5,995
    Friends
    71
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyLolita View Post
    If you're picking Toon Zelda because she's likely why do you keep attaching these two to her? Then why did you vote for Toon Zelda?...
    You might have noticed that 6 games in the Legend of Zelda series uses Toon Link. The "toon" games makes up a huge part of the series. Toon Link is the obvious staple but the second staple is Zelda/Tetra and if there was a third it would be the staple enemy Phantom. I think Toon Zelda by herself can get in but with either Phantom Zelda or Tetra as her alternate form, it only increases the odds.

    Quote Originally Posted by HeyLolita View Post
    Also, we know some were probably cut due to Sonic's late addition and time constraints. And no, they were all character files.
    They were not under "fighter" (not under the "effect" folder) but under "effect">"fighter". Plus .pac files could mean anything. I haven't dabbled a whole lot into the programing of Brawl but we can't say for sure that they were going to be full on characters.

    Quote Originally Posted by HeyLolita View Post
    SSB64: Pika & Jiggs / Mario & Luigi
    Melee: Marth & Roy / Peach, Bowser & Doc / Ganondorf, Young Link, Zelda, Shiek / Mewtwo & Pichu
    Brawl: Lucario & Pokemon Trainer / Dedede & Meta Knight.
    I don't understand what you are trying to show.
    But if you noticed in Melee, major villains started to become important to the series. Legend of Zelda got Ganon, Mario got Bowser, and Pokémon got the closest Pokémon to a villain, Mewtwo. In Brawl we got DeDeDe (Meta Knight as a sometimes villain) and Wolf. I believe the next big series to get a villain is either Donkey Kong or Fire Emblem or possibly Metroid.

    Quote Originally Posted by HeyLolita View Post
    Why can't we have both Dixie and K. Rool?
    I don't think the game would look good with three monkeys as characters. If you looked at Wario's main design in Brawl they use the Biker Wario instead of Wario's first and main design. They did this I believe to make the characters seem more diverse. Not everyone in the Donkey Kong is a monkey or ape. There is however King K. Rool who also fills the villain role nicely.
    Last edited by Mr. MR; 05-15-2013 at 12:54 AM.





    Spoiler Alert!

  5. #165
    WiiChat Member HeyLolita's Avatar
    Member #
    91909
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    135
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    Y I think Toon Zelda by herself can get in but with either Phantom Zelda or Tetra as her alternate form, it only increases the odds.
    How?



    I don't understand what you are trying to show.
    That it's not that crazy to have two or more newcomers for a series, so the two most important characters from Donkey Kong could be added at the same time.


    I don't think the game would look good with three monkeys as characters.
    Stupid. Sorry, but that's a bad excuse. We have three overall wearers, we've had Pikachu and Pichu, we've had two Mario incarnations, and three Links, I don't think three apes would be that crazy. PLEASE ​someone say the same.


    If you looked at Wario's main design in Brawl they use the Biker Wario instead of Wario's first and main design. They did this I believe to make the characters seem more diverse. Not everyone in the Donkey Kong is a monkey or ape. There is however King K. Rool who also fills the villain role nicely.
    They did that because pretty much everything about Wario was incorperated from WarioWare in Brawl. Not because the visuals need to be more diverse.

  6. #166
    PK Rockin' Avatar Mr. MR's Avatar
    Member #
    82844
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    シオンタウン
    Posts
    5,995
    Friends
    71
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyLolita View Post
    How?
    Elementary Watson.
    Two of three Zelda forms are from the "toon" games. Both are staples, and Zelda needs a form (Despite the fishy tales being told).

    Quote Originally Posted by HeyLolita View Post
    That it's not that crazy to have two or more newcomers for a series, so the two most important characters from Donkey Kong could be added at the same time.
    I don't think we are going to get that many additions in this game.
    Here is where I heard it: Kwing

    Quote Originally Posted by HeyLolita View Post
    Stupid. Sorry, but that's a bad excuse. We have three overall wearers, we've had Pikachu and Pichu, we've had two Mario incarnations, and three Links, I don't think three apes would be that crazy. PLEASE ​someone say the same.
    It is something that might attract minor criticism. But not the bulk of my argument. I think, if we are going to get a new DK character it would be K. Rool. The series is lacking a lot of support despite being one of the main Nintendo franchises and Krool would be a fresh new character and not a Diddy clone or another hairy ape/monkey.

    Quote Originally Posted by HeyLolita View Post
    They did that because pretty much everything about Wario was incorporated from WarioWare in Brawl. Not because the visuals need to be more diverse.
    True, but they did acknowledge his main design, but I believe the reason they chose to base him off of the WarioWare series is because they needed Mario diversity.
    Last edited by Mr. MR; 05-15-2013 at 01:29 AM.





    Spoiler Alert!

  7. #167
    WiiChat Member HeyLolita's Avatar
    Member #
    91909
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    135
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    It is something that might attract minor criticism. But not the bulk of my argument. I think, if we are going to get a new DK character it would be K. Rool. The series is lacking a lot of support despite being one of the main Nintendo franchises and Krool would be a fresh new character and not a Diddy clone or another hairy ape/monkey.

    True, but they did acknowledge his main design, but I believe the reason they chose to base him off of the WarioWare series is because they needed Mario diversity.
    So, your main argument against Dixie is that she's a monkey? Alright.

    And no, it wasn't for Mario diversity, because Sakurai almost chose to add Wario instead of Doc for a Mario clone in SSBM. So. No.

    I can't make you change your vote, but there's really just as much (if not more) going for Dixie than K. Rool, and there's absolutely no reason they can't both be added, which is why I vote:


    Donkey Kong
    Diddy Kong
    Dixie Kong
    King K. Rool

  8. #168
    PK Rockin' Avatar Mr. MR's Avatar
    Member #
    82844
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    シオンタウン
    Posts
    5,995
    Friends
    71
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyLolita View Post
    So, your main argument against Dixie is that she's a monkey? Alright.
    Nah, DK series needs a villain. And because I think she will be a clone. Krool is more fresh then Dixie.

    Quote Originally Posted by HeyLolita View Post
    And no, it wasn't for Mario diversity, because Sakurai almost chose to add Wario instead of Doc for a Mario clone in SSBM. So. No.
    Source?
    Plus if it is true that just helps my point. Although I think the Wario Dash would have been much better then and just as diverse as the bike. /ProjectMadvertizing

    Quote Originally Posted by HeyLolita View Post
    I can't make you change your vote, but there's really just as much (if not more) going for Dixie than K. Rool, and there's absolutely no reason they can't both be added, which is why I vote:
    Donkey Kong
    Diddy Kong
    Dixie Kong
    King K. Rool
    I don't think there is going to be much room for new characters as stated already. Liked source in above post.





    Spoiler Alert!

  9. #169
    ssbb Guru Ninja1's Avatar
    Member #
    90805
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Anderson Indiana
    Posts
    151
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3649-4857-0081-1629
    As I said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja1 View Post
    Not sure if they will add anyone new from Donkey Kong, but...
    Donkey Kong: he will obviously be in
    Diddy Kong: almost positive
    Dixie and Candy: might have a chance
    King K. Rool: not positive, but if the makers of the new ssb are looking for more characters...they will probably add him
    (ssbb) Ninja!-5415-5757-1389
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragonight View Post

    Watching Ninja revive every thread in White Noise

  10. #170
    WiiChat Member HeyLolita's Avatar
    Member #
    91909
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    135
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    Nah, DK series needs a villain. And because I think she will be a clone. Krool is more fresh then Dixie.
    "I voted for Toon Zelda" Really, have you ever played as Dixie Kong in a DCK game? She doesn't play like Dixie. And since when has being a clone made her someone less likely? Only never.

    Source?
    Plus if it is true that just helps my point. Although I think the Wario Dash would have been much better then and just as diverse as the bike. /ProjectMadvertizing
    No, it doesn't. Your point was that they were trying to diversify the Mario roster via asthetic changes, and I showed you he was going to be added in 2001, which was prior to him being a Biker. There goes that argument. http://www.smashboards.com/threads/n...#post-14462546


    I don't think there is going to be much room for new characters as stated already. Liked source in above post.
    Kwing isn't a valid source. Sakurai is. He is the only valid source. And Sakurai has never stated that there won't be many characters added. If Sakurai had it his way we could have potentially had seven more characters in Brawl (At least four of them being derived from already existing characters I might add)

    You really have no argument, you're grasping at straws to simply validate your stance. Your argument is she would be a clone (Which doesn't make her less likely), that we won't be getting many characters (Which is fine, that's your opinion, but stop trying to make it a fact), and that K Rool is a better choice (When they could both easily be in the game).

    @Ninja

    Are those your votes? Or?

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. New Social Group - THE WIICHAT SURVIAVALISTS
    By her01771 in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 11:22 AM
  2. New Social Group - The Wiichat Science Ninja Team
    By Bodine in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 11:27 AM
  3. New Social Group - Roleplayers of WiiChat
    By WMBQ in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 11:29 AM
  4. New Social Group - Ike Users And Mainers of Wiichat
    By SMASH KING in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 04:18 AM
  5. Wiichat halo3 bungie group
    By The_Mitch in forum Halo
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 08:53 PM