+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: WiiChat's Smash4 Group Roster!

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Sorry to any Feminists reading this, but the fact that Rosalina is a chick helps her a whole lot.

Now about BJ. Even in his main villainary role he sill is overshadowed by the King of Koopa. He always is lesser than the King which give him shade on sunny days.
    Instead...
    IGGY EVERYONE!!!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    If Junior is overshadowed by Bowser, then Rosalina is overshadowed by Peach.

But this train of thought isn't important because Doctor Mario is DEFINITELY overshadowed by Mario, yet he still was playable. Rosalina just lacks a bit of everything IMO. (Don't get me wrong, I have a killer B moveset for her) Just, don't think she's going to happen, frankly.

And, I edited and quoted you on my last post splash ~

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    No Peach and Rosalina have nothing in common,
    If they get lazy then they will base her off of Peach because of the similar appearance.

Doctor Mario probably did not take that long to make. It was kind of a half hearted character .

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    Doctor Mario probably did not take that long to make. It was kind of a half hearted character .
    Which is why, even at his worst, Junior could be included as a last minute clone.

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    I think they wont bother with half hearted clones

They have time to make it different due to DLC and also because of character customization
    Last edited by Mr. MR; 05-08-2013 at 03:17 AM.

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyLolita View Post
    Lucario was added because he was a very well recieved Pokemon, just like Pikachu, Jiggs, Mewtwo, ect. Not JUST because of newness
    Though this is completely unrelated t' Smash 4, Lucario bein' a new 'mon did actually play a humongous role in him gettin' into Brawl. He starred in one'a them yearly Pokemovies which was released a vclose enough). Lucario was, in a way, the face of Generation 4 Pokemon games 'cause of this movie. That, and the fact he was one'a the first Generation 4 Pokemon revealed. Regardless of his popularity, the fact he was a new 'mon was very important for him gettin' that roster slot.

... We'll soon see if Sakurai will change his mind in regards t' whether or not he wants to remove characters. ;_;

Personally, I feel Doc is probably JUST AS IF NOT MORE LIKELY than Junior.
    I disagree. Sakurai has implicitly stated he strived t' erase clones from Brawl. I can only imagine he'll try even harder to keep clones outta Smash 4. Doc won't return before a new character will both because of his history as a clone and the fact he's literally still Mario, even if he has a completely different moveset.

Junior could be included as a last minute clone.
    Who would Jr. be a clone of, Bowser... ? Definitely not. Jr. obviously wouldn't be a heavy hitter, nor is he large and can breath fire. Ya definitely couldn't just paste Bowser's moveset onto his son and call that adequate. Sakurai definitely wouldn't do that.

And I would like to here Neosquid's two cents before we go and vote, so, expect to just discuss/debate SM newcomers until she(?) shows up.
    It.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Hey 'Karp, just on merit alone do you think Bowser Junior has a chance?

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Absolutely. He's a relatively significant reoccurrin' Mario villain. Definitely not as relevant as his father, but relevant none the less both in old games and more modern releases. His chances t' get into Smash definitely aren't too large though; not until ya factor in the limited pool of other Mario characters to choose from.

Truth be told, I am a tad on the fence with the idea of Jr.'s inclusion. This is solely from Sakurai's statement that he doesn't want t' add very many characters. It only seems logical Mario would get an extra fighter, particularly wanted or not, if other major franchises get a character too (namely Zelda). I feel Jr. is the most likely Mario character t' be chosen, so that's why I believe he'll get in. If I took away my assumption of "major series' gettin' another character means most-every other major series gets one too", then I wouldn't be votin' for Jr. to get int' Smash 4. Definitely not. If my assumption is incorrect, I don't think we'll get another Mario character period.

Obviously this ain't related t' Jr.'s potential in his own right, but Smash's roster also lacks dedicated villains. Pretty much every encounter in Brawl's SSE was with generic enemies. As such, I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai endeavored t' add more baddies such as Jr.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    The problem is, I think Bowser Jr. does not do a good job in villainy as Bowser does, meaning that his merit as a villain has already been overshadowed by Bowser Sr. Not only that, but I do not see BJ's as the main villain type but more as a wannabe main villain. Plus if you want a villain there are better ones to get from other game series. The Mario roster already has the spot of villain. I don't think it need another one. The Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, Pokémon (Mewtwo), and Metroid need villains. This is also why I think Ghirahim wont make it because the villain's spot is already filled by someone better.

If they do another SSE, I don't think BJ will fit in that well. He would be completely overshadowed by all the other villains. I don't even think BJ is villain worthy. He seems more of an annoyance than a big problem.
    Last edited by Mr. MR; 05-08-2013 at 04:28 AM.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    And the King of Second Bananas is overshadowed by Mario. And DK overshadows Diddy. If the character ain't bein' overshadowed by someone not yet a part of the roster, I don't think bein' overshadowed is a problem on it's own. Perhaps if another character from the series who would moreso appreciate the slot, but otherwise I would say that only slightly hampers their chances.

Don't believe Sakurai ever stated there can only be one villain per series. Don't think he ever would neither considerin' the hero-villain ratio we currently have.

If we were t' have another SSE-like story mode, Jr. would likely function like Wario: an annoyin' little shit who's in it for the mischief making as opposed t' the ends said mischief achieves... well that and the fact Sr. would be stirrin' up plenty of trouble. He'd essentially function as Sr.'s sidekick when together and when apart, he'd be much like Wario was in SSE. Albeit too small t' carry one'a them trophy cannons.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads