Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: WiiChat's Smash4 Group Roster!

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9000-0000-0000-0001
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyLolita View Post
    So you guys wanna throw your votes in now? Who do you predict will be under the Mushroom emblem in Smash 4?
    My vote (although it doesn't matter) is the same as yours. No additions, no subtractions. math pun hur durr

Mario
    Luigi
    Peach
    Bowser
    HeyLolita likes this.

3DS FC: 1461-6308-5932

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Sweet, two votes in. Anyone else? Sorry I just don't see much more to say on the subject.

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Why do you think Rosalina does not have a good chance?

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    Why do you think Rosalina does not have a good chance?
    She's not an overall prominent character. She is not a popular choice. She is not a fighter. She is in all likeliness not going to return in a staple Mario title.

She's just not (Playable) Smash material in general.

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    That did not stop Zelda.

However Rosalina is a staple in SMG which I believe is going to have some stage influences and some moveset influences.
    Who better to have the SMG stage has their home turf than Rosalina?

Let's face it, SMG was the latest influential main series Mario game.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    That did not stop Zelda.
    Zelda is a prominent character. Zelda is important to her series. Zelda is a popular choice.

Let's face it, SMG was the latest influential main series Mario game.
    You focus too much on this specific title that's currency is outdated.

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Zelda is a prominent character. Zelda is important to her series. Zelda is a popular choice.
    Zelda's popularity is what it is because of Super Smash Bros.
    Sure her name is on the front but she lacked character until recently.

I will admit she is a huge part of the series, but she was not that playable nor was she a fighter (even Sheik never fought). She had no, absolutely no moveset potential.

You focus too much on this specific title that's currency is outdated.
    True, I will give you that but... Timeless Classic does negate it
    What was the last notable Mario game that came out?
    Not 3DLand
    SMG 1 and 2 are one of the most highly rated Mario 7th gen titles and compared to what we have so far I would say it's the best new Mario game out so far.

Some say it even trumphs Super Mario 64 which would make it the best 3D Mario game ever and the best modern Mario game so far.

Speaking of Zelda we should do Legend of Zelda next and all the loners last.
    Last edited by Mr. MR; 05-09-2013 at 12:29 AM.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Zelda's popularity is what it is because of Super Smash Bros.
    Sure her name is on the front but she lacked character until recently.
    First line is false. Second line is irrelevent.

She had no, absolutely no moveset potential.
    What do you think Sheik is? Her moveset potential is her duality. Plus, it's Zelda. I don't think it matters if she was a "fighter" or not. Rosalina IS NO Zelda. Not. No.

True, I will give you that but... Timeless Classic does negate it
    But it doesn't though.

What was the last notable Mario game that came out?
    Not 3DLand
    NSMBWii U? This argument doesn't work. Galaxy isn't everything.

SMG 1 and 2 are one of the most highly rated Mario 7th gen titles and compared to what we have so far I would say it's the best new Mario game out so far.
    Which is fine, and I expect a level to come from the game, not Rosalina as a playable character.

Speaking of Zelda we should do Legend of Zelda next and all the loners last.
    Let's just focus on Mario right meow.

I think you're muddling your reasoning for Rosalina's inclusion. She isn't really that excellent of a choice overall. And within' the Mario choices, she loses out to Toad and Junior. Remember, this is about prediction, not ideals.

But I don't feel like arguing against Rosalina anymore, she just isn't likely, and most of your points were moot for her inclusion anyways.

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    am finally here insomnia herp derp

Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Ya know, there was a time when games weren't released in a half-finished state. How I miss those days.
    Yep. Those grand ol' days when we could buy Super Street Fighter Ultra Hardcore Director's Cut edition the movie the game t' get a few patches and maybe a new character or two, all for the low price of $50. Who needs free DLC anyways!

I think Lucario's unooficial status as te 4th Gen mascot and band of incredibly autistic followers really are what helped him.
    Lucario's my favorite 'mon, ya insensitive bastard... ;_____;

Luigi got his own game and it happens to be the "year of Rurigi" and Diddy Kong is not overshadowed by DK. I don't think he ever was. That's like saying Ratchet overshadows Clank. I don't think Bowser J has been Bowser's partner in crime. More like he does what he wants and Bowser just sleeps on the couch like a normal father.
    That point 'bout Weegee 'n Diddy was meant t' further insinuate that whether or not Jr. is overshadowed by his father is irrelevant. Didn't mean 'em literally. Just (crude) examples.

Why exactly is your opinion of Jr. as a villain so negative? Obviously his evil agenda is solely 'cause his father is the ol' King of Koopas, but why does this make him completely irrelevant? His relevance to certain Mario games is quite notable. For the entirety of Sunshine, Jr. is constantly interfering with Mario's attempts to save Peach (whom he is responsible for kidnapping in the first place).

You do have a point with that last sentence, however... Bowser Sr. did absolutely ****-all in Sunshine. Meanwhile, Jr. polluted an entire island, stole every last shine sprite, and then even the Princess. On his own. Bowser could've never appeared in the game and his son could've easily been the final boss on his own. Jr. was literally the main villain of Sunshine, doing all of the work. This alone refutes your second point against Jr.

Across both Galaxy games, Jr. is trusted with guarding many Grand Stars. I don't believe any of Bowser's other underlings, ever, are given such important duties multiple times. Though he's by no means the main villain in Galaxy 1/2 as he was in Sunshine, this cements the fact Jr. is still not only a relevant character, but a reoccurring one. Obviously Rosalina is a newer character, but considerin' Jr. makes appearance in both her games, to say she is more relevant in terms of recent games is hogwash. Hell, Jr. made a more recent appearance than her, as he shows face in Sticker Star.

Also note, how many appearances has Rosalina made in major games? One; I don't believe her pointless cameo in 2 at all counts, after all. She was entirely irrelevant to Galaxy 2.

For the sake of mentioning, I don't believe points 1 and 3 against Jr. have any merit what-so-ever. We can't know who Sakurai was considerin' and who he wasn't. Perhaps the over-saturation of Mario and Mario-related characters in Brawl prevented him from even discussin' if a Mario character would be added, so point 1 is moot. Point 3 isn't a deterrent to Jr. joinin' 'cause sure, the Mario franchise don't need another villain... but who said characters join Brawl simply 'cause they're deemed as bein' mandatory? Do ya really think someone said "ROB needs to be in Smash Bros.!" with unparalleled conviction? And what if Sakurai actually does believe Jr. really deserves the roster spot? We can't know what the executives are thinkin'. Does not need =/= will not get.

Furthermore, I believe only your first point in regards to Rosalina is valid and can't be ignored. I don't believe it's enough t' make her odds at all noteworthy, however. She's not popular, despite moveset potential she's not really meant for a fightin' game neither. Obviously the same applies t' Peach, but I feel Rosalina doesn't really have that same quality which let Peach rather hilariously join the Melee.

Oh, and one last (minute) point I should mention. Jr.'s brush is E. Gadd's invention, no? The ol' professor returns in Dark Moon. Perhaps he'll have at least a little influence over Smash... perhaps, say, his brush returning, wielded by the villain who originally obtained it.

also ratchet does overshadow clank lawl

I don't think Waluig is as close to getting in as you think
    secondkarp.png

Even if the Waluweegee haters don't entirely negate his fans, he's such an irrelevant character who's appeared in only sports games. Sayin' Waluigi has a chance t' get in is like sayin' Daisy may one day join Smash's roster (she's more notable but still has no chance).

And Neo, I was going to guess girl or gay. :P
    sig worthy

Quote Originally Posted by WiiAssasin View Post
    Wario counts as a part of the mushroom emblem or is he his own thing?
    ... Are you srsly considerin' takin' part in the thread?

That did not stop Zelda.
    ... So much as comparin' Zelda's importance to The Legend of Zelda with Rosalina's relevance in a single Mario game is utter blasphemy, MR.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyLolita
    NSMBWii U? This argument doesn't work. Galaxy isn't everything.
    Galaxy does overshadow all other recent Mario games. NSMB, the series as a whole, is entirely invalidated by the scale of Galaxy, mainly 'cause NSMB is just a revival of the original 2D games. Galaxy is the new Mario IP of last generation. It's the same scale as the original Mario games were, the scale of Super Mario 64, of Sunshine, etc.

... Though I believe this point, that Galaxy is the most relevant of Mario game(s) currently, is MR's only good point to support Rosalina thus far.

EDIT: Oh right, the vote. Once MR and I's lil' discussion comes to a close/heats down, I'll cast mine.
    Last edited by Splash_King; 05-09-2013 at 01:01 AM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Let me be more clear

ahem...

I think Rosalina is going to ride the Super Mario Galaxy train all the way to Smash

If you look up Top Ten Mario Games, guess what is placed either number 2 or 3.
    That would be Super Mario Galaxy 2
    NSMBWiiU does not stand a chance when SMG2 was placed right below SMW and right above SMB3 and SM64

Seriously, THAT GAME is FREAKIN' WINSAUCE
    Music, the aesthetics, the PHYSICS!!!, the references to the past!, YOSHI, the creativeness
    If they remade that game in HD it would fly off the shelves.

When it fall right below Super Mario World you know you have done something right.

You underestimate what I call a masterpiece. When I call something a masterpiece, it's for a darn good reason.
    Do you know how good an HD SMG Stage and Music would look and sound in Smash?

THIS IS THE GREATEST 3D MARIO GAME AND I KNOW IT NEEDS A REP.

Now that I am off my milk crate here's who I think will be in the next Smash Game

Mario
    Luigi
    Peach
    Bowser
    Rosalina

Spoiler Alert!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Ads