Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    New York Post reports that Oliver Perez agrees to a 3 year $36 million deal, pending physical. Thoughts Nick?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Damn you Brian, beat me to it..lol

ill post it anyway =P

Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports the Mets and Perez have reached agreement on a three-year, $36 million deal.

According to Sherman, the deal does not include a fourth year option of any sorts.

Im for it, i mean there was no one else..Sheets? no, walking injury.
    Ollie has always been there in the clutch, he just has to be there when the spotlight isnt on.
    Plus they say he is more mature this go around cuz he just got married this off season.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss View Post
    Damn you Brian, beat me to it..lol

Im for it, i mean there was no one else..Sheets? no, walking injury.
    Ollie has always been there in the clutch, he just has to be there when the spotlight isnt on.
    Plus they say he is more mature this go around cuz he just got married this off season.
    I saw "Breaking News" on ESPN and it concerned the Mets, so I checked to make sure you hadn't already posted it. I hope for your guys' sake, he continues his success, and I'm with you on Sheets. When he's healthy he is a damn decent pitcher, but it seems like there is always an injury to end his season.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yea im hopin as well that he continues to be the pitcher he was/is.

Also this just in.

WFAN's (New Yorks sports radio) Tony Paige is reporting that he has word from the Mets front office that now, that pitching is out the way, they can focus on other things. Other things being..you guessed it, Manny!!!!

Paige just emailed Metsblog

However, Paige told me in an e-mail, “All I said was, someone, who deals with Mets management (and he’s credible), told me the Mets were interested in Manny Ramirez and something may happen this week.”

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Manny eh? Think he would mesh in that clubhouse?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    They interviewed my man David Wright like last week and he said the team is well prepared to take is ego and personality on. He said what this man does on the field can cancel out everything else he does.
    Also they interviewed Jerry Manuel and he said that he has experience with players like that, such as Albert Belle and Frank Thomas.

So idk, IMO i think that if the Mets are winning, Manny will be fine. If they are losing then prepare for Manny being Manny.

But im down for it 10000000% he is hands down the best hitter of our generation.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    My Blue Jays might not be so hot this year, at least they won't be overhyping the season this time around.

Hitting may be alright but the pitching is where I'm worried.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    BASEBALL IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Caribbean World Series is on right now!
    Venezuela vs Dominican Republic
    on the MLB Network

Member #
    Friends
    7072-6720-4419-1341
    Ok guys, I'm back. Anyone miss me?? No?? Didn't think so.
    Anyways, back with some updates. Keep in mind I haven't read too many posts prior to this, so some of these may be repeated.

Sean Casey has retired at the age of 34 & will now join the MLB Network team as a studio analyst.
    Great guy, great player, he was always a guy I liked to root for. Hope he does well on MLB Network, I'm sure he will.

The Mets have signed John Maine & avoided arbitration.
    Maine was & the Mets were $800,000 apart, but agreed on a deal that would pay him $2,600,000.
    He said that since he's been getting ready for the new season, he's been throwing pain free for the 1st time in 2 years.
    In other Mets news, Pedro Martinez has said that he's been given contract offers from other teams, but would rather play for the Mets. He has declined to identify the bidders.
    The Mets have also finally agreed on a 3 year deal with Oliver Perez worth $36 mil.
    The bullpen is pretty much set!!!
    Now how do they handle the left field situation??

The Seattle Mariners & Cubs have agreed on a deal that will send former Met pitcher Aaron Heilman to Chicago in return for infielder Ronny Cedeno and left-handed pitcher Garrett Olson. Both Heilman & Olson were both traded earlier in the offseason with Heilman coming from NY & Olson coming from the Orioles.

All star righty Justin Duchscherer of the A's reached an agreement with the team on a one-year contract with the A's, avoiding a potentially nasty arbitration hearing next month.
    Duchscherer, the last of Oakland's arbitration-eligible players to sign, said his new deal features a guaranteed salary of $3.9 million and could bring him up to $4.05 million.

The Yankees have inked a one year deal to bring back Andy Pettite worth $5.5 million

ESPN is reporting that the Boston Red Sox and catcher Jason Varitek have reached a preliminary agreement on a one-year contract worth $5 million, two major league sources tell ESPN.com's Jayson Stark and Jerry Crasnick.

The D-Backs have signed Jon Garland. Garland received a deal that will pay him $6.25 million in 2009 and includes a mutual option for 2010.
    The team is also closing in on a deal with Tom "Flash" Gordan, according to the pitcher's agent.
    Last edited by SouthPaw26; 02-02-2009 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks to PH3AR on the Sheva sig!!!

WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss View Post
    BASEBALL IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Caribbean World Series is on right now!
    Venezuela vs Dominican Republic
    on the MLB Network
    Hell yeah, I have been watching.

PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

Ads