LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yea i like Sosa also, but with Sanchez back and El Duque prob goin to the pen i would be fine trading him...also been said that the Mets have been looking at Sammy Sosa.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7072-6720-4419-1341
    Don't need him, if anyone in the free agent market should come to the Mets, it should be Mike Piazza (I think he's still a FA). He would be a solid bat off the bench & I'm sure the fans would appreciate it...

Thanks to PH3AR on the Sheva sig!!!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    oh yea i def agree with Piazza but he wont be comin back...but i do hope one day the Mets retire his number. But lookin at the track of great Met players and numbers who should be retired (Keith Hernandez) i doubt they will retire his...but u never know.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthPaw26
    My uncle is a Twins fan (he told me he hopes Santana's arm falls off lol). I wanna see what Liriano can do & the Twins have some more great young pitchers in Deolis Guerra (who is said to have & we'll never know until he comes up, Santana like stuff), Phil Humber, & Kevin Mulvey now, not to mention a star in Carlos Gomez, who I hope learns some plate discipline; I have very high hopes for Gomez, whether here's a Met or not!!!
    Haha, I wish the best to Santana, he's a great pitcher and deserved the cash he got. We couldn't give it to him, but I wish he was one of those guys who will give anything to play for one team his whole life, but how many guys are there like that anymore? Very few..
    You made some great points. Even I consider this year to be a "rebuilding year", I think we'll still have a decent team. And lets not forget about Delmon Young, I hope he breaks out this season..

Thanks to manred for the great sig.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Wow the media loves to strike things up..lol..now Buster Olney is sayin that Barry Bonds would be a great fit for the Mets and they should pursue him..honestly i wouldnt do it and i doubt the Wilpons (owners) want to do it also. Yea he is a great hitter but he comes with to much baggage and especially in NY where the media is 50 times rougher then you average place.

Link - Oh you have to be a ESPNinSider to read this but u can also check it out here-- Link

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Olney is an interesting guy, some of the stuff he reports makes tons of sense, but then Bonds in NY? I don't think so. The only reason Bonds survived in SF is because the city loved him, and only his city. His best bet to survive would be to DH for the A's, that area loves him, and only that area.

Member #
    Friends
    i really dislike barry bonds greatly. i personally think he cheated but obviously theres just about no proof...baseball has become so tainted with steriods and other illegal performance enhancing drugs that its just absolutley insane. who knows how many players have yet to be caught. i also think that Roger Clemens is EFFED over after that hearing. he is in an absolute NO WIN situation. he seems like hes caught in a lie no matter what happens. but hmm. lets see...i always enjoy seeing the redsox beat the yankees. or do anything better than the yankees. cause i hate the yankees...well really i hate every team that goes into the league EXPECTED to be amazing. so i like to see them lose. i dont really follow baseball alot so i cant say i like a certain team. but yeahhh. theres my little input into this thread
    ThE QuI3t ThInGs ThAt No0nE eV3R Kn0wS

And Ill Scream With A Thousand Voices...
    I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Xbox 360 Online Gamertag - Number1Newb

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by JCpackers05
    i really dislike barry bonds greatly. i personally think he cheated but obviously theres just about no proof...baseball has become so tainted with steriods and other illegal performance enhancing drugs that its just absolutley insane. who knows how many players have yet to be caught. i also think that Roger Clemens is EFFED over after that hearing. he is in an absolute NO WIN situation. he seems like hes caught in a lie no matter what happens. but hmm. lets see...i always enjoy seeing the redsox beat the yankees. or do anything better than the yankees. cause i hate the yankees...well really i hate every team that goes into the league EXPECTED to be amazing. so i like to see them lose. i dont really follow baseball alot so i cant say i like a certain team. but yeahhh. theres my little input into this thread
    I'm with you on disliking Barry Bonds, and its for more than just the alleged steroid usage.

As for Clemens, he screwed the pooch, he's most likely going to face jail-time now considering he obviously lied at the congressional hearing. That was a horrendous attempt at lying, even I (somewhat of a Clemens fan) don't believe him anymore, and to be honest I would have had more respect for him if he had just come out and admitted it.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by blueovalboy7
    I'm with you on disliking Barry Bonds, and its for more than just the alleged steroid usage.

As for Clemens, he screwed the pooch, he's most likely going to face jail-time now considering he obviously lied at the congressional hearing. That was a horrendous attempt at lying, even I (somewhat of a Clemens fan) don't believe him anymore, and to be honest I would have had more respect for him if he had just come out and admitted it.
    It's a relief to hear from a Clemens fan who actually has a brain and knows he's lying. Usually fans of a certain player will go with whatever he says and refuse to change their mind, no matter how much evidence piles up against him.

Thanks to manred for the great sig.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yea, I know what you mean, I don't understand why people can't see through his lies. It's just so obvious its sickening. I hope that it turns out in his favor, but I highly doubt that will happen.

Changing gears, what was this about Beckett and being injured? I didn't catch all the details, anyone know whats up there?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Ads