LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    Stop moaning. Theres enough clues for you to guess Luigi as a playable character anyways. Just think about it it's obvious they'd include him.

Stop moaning ya 'Jackass(s)'
    LOL was he in sunshine or sm64?

and I moan when i want, most people like it
    Last edited by StevenNevets; 11-04-2007 at 04:22 AM.

a;lfjljljf2;lasf

Member #
    Friends
    I wouldn't say it was obvious they'd include Luigi, though it did seem more likely when he appeared to feature in the single player as a non-playable character. Still, he could have been in SM64 and SMS, but wasn't. But then again, he was an unlockable character in New Super Mario Bros...

I just can't understand why they'd include a full new character with a new range of animations and different properties (increased athleticism etc), but wouldn't include a full two player co-op mode with the brothers? Why the hell have Nintendo forsaken one of the best features about the original SMB platformers?

Wiichats Idiot Identifier balrogs.pa's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0588-9206-9468-1123
    well your in a galaxy. so your bound to meet up with luigi and play as him.
    Mario Kart DS 438194819390
    People i respect on this forum: Atomic,Santa Claws,Frogger,Cyan,Levesque, Balrogs.pain, Shoko, MushroomedMario, sremick
    I make my avatars/signatures!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    If anything, this news motivates me even more to buy SMG. I was probably going to anyway, but knowing Luigi is eventually playable seals the deal. Also, it motivates me to get all 120 stars instead of half-assing it just to beat the game.

Thanks for posting. I had heard rumors, but I never anything was 100% certain.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalky
    I just can't understand why they'd include a full new character with a new range of animations and different properties (increased athleticism etc), but wouldn't include a full two player co-op mode with the brothers? Why the hell have Nintendo forsaken one of the best features about the original SMB platformers?
    Thats exactly what I want to know.......They put in the coop mode, with the other remote, so why not just let that person control Luigi for real?

My only guess is there could be camera problems with 2 people running around, especially on those really small speres that are in parts of the game. Would've been really cool, if they got it to work though

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MySims
    dont get ticked off at him. Dont read it if you dont want to. and dont go swearing at people for no reason.

Great find by the way
    Jackass isn't a swear ****tard.
    "Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked" guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... well, I forget that too. Marge, you know who I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?"

Just That Great Extra Life Mushroom's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3210-5733-2914-1432
    To anyone who didn't see this coming, I say shame on you if you call yourself a true mario fan.

There were hints to this all along if you kept up with the interviews. They wanted to add a 2-player element to the game from square one, but wanted it to be co-op and not versus. (much to the dismay for many) They also made several hints that Luigi wuld be returning in some fashion.

Now most would've wanted to have a full scale co-op mode, but look at the game and think for a second. Is that feasible? You would have to make it into a split-screen scenario, which would not only slow down the frame rate but it would also most likely confuse and disorient many players. So they added the co-op portion instead and we settle for luigi as an unlockable.

If you wanted to play as the mario brothers in a team scenario, then wait for brawl (where I'm sure he will be a 'alternate costume' for mario:replace fludd blast with poltergeist 3000 air blast, all other moves would be identical)

Yeah in hindsight a spoiler warning would have been nice but it's already over and done with.

Ads