Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1137-5638-7724-4772
    Got mine at TRU plus the $25 gift card.

I pre-ordered off familyvideo.com for $40 about a month ago, but cancelled it once I saw the TRU offer. I'm without the coin, but the $25 gift card is a very nice offer and I'm trying to decide what to spend it on.

This Friday I'll go back and use it to get a second Wiimote and chuk, Wii Play, or Metroid (I know, I should've had it long ago).
    You can call me Aaron Burr from the way I'm droppin Hamiltons.

GH3: 1676-1888-7277

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    Sorry is the coin some kind of gift if your pre-ordered or is it just something TRU does

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6294-2382-1290-6912
    There is a store here in omaha nebraska that is offering a similar deal. I didn't know about it til I got to the checkout.

Member #
    Friends
    1137-5638-7724-4772
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiZero
    Sorry is the coin some kind of gift if your pre-ordered or is it just something TRU does
    I'm not 100% positive, but I think TRU was giving it away with reserved copies, but Target and Wal Mart are giving them away with all sales.

As far as Best Buy, Circuit City, Game Stop, etc are concerned, I have no clue.

6ix
    Member #
    Friends
    Does anyone know what would happen if I tried to return Galaxy sometime next week when the deal is over? Will I have to return my $25 Gift Card with it? And before y'all go nuts, I'm planning to do this because around the 18th Toys'R'us will have a buy 2 get 1 free deal, so I can re-buy Galaxy, get $25 off of MOH, and get Metroid free.

Member #
    Friends
    The Toys R Us were out of Galaxy so I went to Circuit City next door for a price match. They told me I can't get a price match because it's a "bundle." So I drove to Best Buy 5 minutes away and got a price match ($25 GC). I'll think twice before I ever buy something from Circuit City again...

Quote Originally Posted by 6ix
    Does anyone know what would happen if I tried to return Galaxy sometime next week when the deal is over? Will I have to return my $25 Gift Card with it? And before y'all go nuts, I'm planning to do this because around the 18th Toys'R'us will have a buy 2 get 1 free deal, so I can re-buy Galaxy, get $25 off of MOH, and get Metroid free.
    I think they charge you $25 for the game and $25 for the GC. So if you return the game you'll get $25 refunded, but check your receipt just to make sure. For that deal on 18th I'm not sure if you can stack multiple deals but if you can, then good for you.
    Last edited by Evi1d33d; 11-14-2007 at 03:25 PM.
    F U Pikachu

6ix
    Member #
    Friends
    ^^^Nah see what I'm saying is I already got Galaxy and the Gift Card. Now I wait till the B2G1 deal is active, and I bring in Galaxy and return it. If I keep the $25 gift card, I can re-buy Galaxy along with another $50 game minus $25, and then get a free one. The B2G1 deal activates after the Galaxy one expires.

EDIT :: There's two receipts. One says Galaxy ($50) and 25 Gift Card ($25) while the Gift receipt says only Galaxy ($50). Maybe if I use the Gift Receipt it could work...?

Member #
    Friends
    1137-5638-7724-4772
    It might, I see no codes on my gift receipt matching the "Value Card Promo" codes.

Have you already opened it? If so they'll probably only exchange it for another copy or just give you store credit, which may or may not keep you from qualifying for the buy 2 get 1 free discount since you're not paying for the game directly.

I know, I know, they're still getting your money either way, but there's always that annoying fine print.

Member #
    Friends
    Yea I reserved Mario from Gamestop before learning about the TRU deal. I'm currently playing my copy, but I was thinking of buying Mario Galaxy again from TRU, using the Gift card for MOH:H2... then returning the unopened Galaxy back to Gamestop for a refund.

The bad thing is I've been calling all over the place and all ToysRUs around here are sold out. I asked about a rain check and they said they won't do it.

I think thats bogus. Any place offers rain checks on stuff if they have them on sale and they are sold out.

I mean its not Black Friday or anything, its not some "1 day sale" price or anything.

I'm gonna try again this weekend. I call every day to the various stores. Does anyone know if they'll hold on for you?
    No Advertising

6ix
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by fistpittingnork
    It might, I see no codes on my gift receipt matching the "Value Card Promo" codes.

Have you already opened it? If so they'll probably only exchange it for another copy or just give you store credit, which may or may not keep you from qualifying for the buy 2 get 1 free discount since you're not paying for the game directly.

I know, I know, they're still getting your money either way, but there's always that annoying fine print.

Yeah I opened it, found out about the B2G1 deal afterwards. Probably wouldn't have been able to resist anyway. But I still should be able to get $50 Store Credits usually they're eager to give those since it means a guaranteed sale basically. I guess I'll ask them if it works with the B2G1F deal

Ads