Here is my honest opinions on mario galaxy.
ill start with the bad points
1. Way to easy.
2. Way to many lifes. you get 5, from peach every letter, which is very often, and, they respawn after every death.
3. some bosses are repeated, (Bowser)
4. Clogs up your wii message bored with pointless copies of mail. from mailtoad.
5. one level is almost exact same as another (not bad just annoying
6. Some stars were. simply to short.
7. controlls could get annoying sometimes, when upside down, and when going round a sharp upside downy corner.
8. Purple coin missions irritating.
9. I would have liked some PROPER land mass levels.
10. i prefered, searching for my levels like in mario 64.
11. also many star missions repeated under different circumstances (faster enemies, time limit) got repetitive
12. to many Checkpoints in levels made it to easy,
1. Extremely impressive graphics.
2. Really REally fun
3. Some awsome levels.
4. Quite long (yet still to easy)
5. health is only 3 hits this time, makes more of a challenge
6. Good old power ups back, and some new ones.
7. Return of classic, enemies, and Music
one thing id like to make emphasis on is its easiness
there are to many check points, when you die, you start not to far back, making the level that bot more easy. i ended up with 99 lives not to long after loading the game every time, lifes are way to easy to get, and they respawn after every death.
you only have 3 hits this time, but no enemies take of more than 1 health, unlike in 64, and you no longer loose health from falling. but get instant kill from being squashed.
some stars were a simple follow this very short track to get a star.
some were longer, but to easy due to check points.
i enjoyed it more than 64, but dont like it as much as 64 (if you know what i mean. i prefer all of 64, but love this one more for its levels, graphics and gameplay)
i wouldnt go as far as saying 98% (its average)
but would give it a nice respectable 94%