LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

2 Player Mode Info???

I was wondering if anyone has used the two player mode on Mario Galaxy and might be willing to give me a brief overview of it. My wife and me love two player games, the main reason we bought the Wii. Just was wondering if Nintendo went back to there roots like the good old days of Super Mario on the SNES and NES. Sure the 3D graphics rock but where ever happened to Luigi being in the mix? I wonder if Nintendo got rid of Luigi because of the whole scandal with Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street. Anyways if anyone has info that would be great.

Thanks!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jtadmin
    I was wondering if anyone has used the two player mode on Mario Galaxy and might be willing to give me a brief overview of it. My wife and me love two player games, the main reason we bought the Wii. Just was wondering if Nintendo went back to there roots like the good old days of Super Mario on the SNES and NES. Sure the 3D graphics rock but where ever happened to Luigi being in the mix? I wonder if Nintendo got rid of Luigi because of the whole scandal with Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street. Anyways if anyone has info that would be great.

Thanks!
    well it depends on the level but what do you mean by "I wonder if Nintendo got rid of Luigi because of the whole scandal with Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street"?
    Hey everyone it's me MRCOOLGH its been forever and a half since I came back on in fact its been at least a year and a half since I was here. Last time I visited Wiichat was 02-26-2008 and I'm gald to be back everyone!

Member #
    Friends
    To sum it up:

Single player: you control mario while also having a pointer on the screen. The pointer collects star bits and shoots them back with the B button. Also if shaken left\right, causes mario to attack, or use the in game star devices to propel mario.

2-Players: Exactly the same as single player. The 2nd player only provides an additonal pointer on the screen (via the other Wiimote). The 2nd player can collect and shoot your star bits. They can also do a small stun by clicking A on most enemies that makes them not move for about 1 second. If they click A on you, it will cause you to jump (rather annoying).

Other then the above, the 2nd player doesnt really do anything really. While it is considered 2 players, its more of a single player with limited assistance.

Member #
    Friends
    MRCOOLGH,

Here is the info on the gay scandal with Bert and Ernie.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...d=91748&page=1

I wonder if Nintendo thinks of Luigi and Mario in the same manner? Maybe thats why they are not in any titles together unless it's Mario Kart or Mario party so they are in a larger group and not a one on one scenario??? Makes you wonder LOL

Pnuts,

Thanks for the info I will be passing on Galaxy no matter how cool it looks.

Member #
    Friends
    well player 1 is mario and he can shoot star bits and complete the game........player 2 can shoot star bits and i think if you both click on mario he does a super jump

Member #
    Friends
    8182-4961-9048-4138
    Actually, player two can hold enemies and bombs (Not limited, just hold A guys), reveal hidden star bits by rubbing grass, and even smack those green ball shaped plants. Also, those green platforms that disappear after Mario walks over them, player two can hold them down so they do not disappear.

I played through the whole game as first then second player. I actually beat a fight with Bowser myself. (Just by the use of those green ball plants.)

It's a bit more than just shooting, collecting star bits and making Mario jump higher. Actually, in some levels, such as the sand level, in a part where there is rushing sand if Mario misses something and needs to go back, simply jumping and running against the sand will not let him go back, but when player two makes him jump and spins him, he will gain distance back to where he wants to go.

So, you can find more uses for it.

* Brawl - 0473-7434-6669 *

Member #
    Friends
    it helps on few levels, but other than that for the second person its completely boring

Member #
    Friends
    5746-7180-9727-6581
    How the hell do u think mario & luigi are gay there brothers, there has been no hints in games of them being gay.

The only suss character is birdo who is infact a transexual :S, anyway
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayoh
    How the hell do u think mario & luigi are gay there brothers, there has been no hints in games of them being gay.

Spoiler Alert!
    You maybe right but I am just saying
    http://kotaku.com/gaming/mario/mario...tch-192716.php

Anyways based on your spoiler can you use both characters at the same time? Or take turns like the old Super Mario Brothers 3? Let me know as I may still buy the game.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayoh

Spoiler Alert!
    You maybe right but I am just saying
    http://kotaku.com/gaming/mario/mario...tch-192716.php

Anyways based on your spoiler can you use both characters at the same time? Or take turns like the old Super Mario Brothers 3? Let me know as I may still buy the game.

Ads