LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Maybe if you ate too much chilly dogs before you played the game. Really thought how could you get dizzy im perfectly fine(but thats me!) maybe for people wiith weaker stomachs.

If anyone needs help or wants a sig. just PM me!
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club (WFC)=-
    Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    3480-6187-2679-2938
    Well, motion sickness has actually got alot more to with the brain than the stomach. Something to do with the eyes confusing the body's balance. So your dad, has to either focus on mario alone, or just look at the screen and not concentrate too much.

And no, don't get motion sickness from SMG.
    Would like a sig to enter here.

I have two personalities: Personality 1/Social/school= Metro/Skate/surf brand clothes and jokes. Personality 2/Wiichat=... Grammer and long words.

Spoiler Alert!

Sleeping. Do not disturb. Kherrek508's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0215-4972-1267-8022
    Quote Originally Posted by killik119
    Well, motion sickness has actually got alot more to with the brain than the stomach. Something to do with the eyes confusing the body's balance. So your dad, has to either focus on mario alone, or just look at the screen and not concentrate too much.

And no, don't get motion sickness from SMG.

I got motion sickness when I had my spine ripped out to a resounding "FATALITY"...
    MOHH2 Handle: Ebag13
    SSB Brawl Friend Code: 0473-7529-6163

PM me if you add me!

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    Only motion sickness i ever experienced on the Wii was when i first started playing super mario galaxy but that went away after about 10 min of playing its because of all the upside down stuff :P

Please PM me before adding me!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by djroberts
    I'm hearing a lot of conflicting reports about this. People saying that the game makes folks very dizzy on the other hand a guy who get motion sickness from FPS games told me he had no issues.

Any concensus here? I don't want to buy it if it's going to make me sick. I get motion sickness from a lot of FPS games.
    Most of the game has no up-down reference and the camara and point of view will change a lot. You may get very motion sick playing Super Mario Galaxy. But you know what? the experiece of playing it is WORTH it, Haha!

Some tips to lesson the misery: Get some cough drops and suck on them as you play. (The menthol in them sooths nausia)

Make ginger root tea and drink it.

Don't eat much before a play session.

Don't be overly tired when you play, your brain will black out.

If you feel cruddy, stop playing and go lay down.

When I first started playing it, I got soo sick. I felt horrible, all nauseated, shaky, wabbly and disoriented. Bad feeling indeed. But it seems that I have adjusted to it. As long as I keep my play sessions short, I'm ok.
    Last edited by romj; 12-09-2007 at 02:19 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Here is an exerpt from Wikpedia about motion sickness and simulator sickness.

"(...)Simulation sickness

Simulation sickness, or simulator sickness, is a condition where a person exhibits symptoms similar to motion sickness caused by playing computer/simulation/video games.

The most common theory for the cause of simulation sickness is that the illusion of motion created by the virtual world, combined with the absence of motion detected by the inner ear, causes the area postrema in the brain to infer that one is hallucinating and further conclude that the hallucination is due to poison ingestion. The brain responds by inducing nausea and vomiting, to clear the supposed toxin.[6] According to this theory, simulation sickness is just another form of motion sickness.

The symptoms are often described as quite similar to that of motion sickness. Some can range from headache, drowsiness, nausea, dizziness, vomiting and sweating. A research done at the University of Minnesota had students play Halo for less than an hour, and found that up to 50 percent felt sick afterwards.[7]

In a study conducted by U.S. Army Research Institute for the Behavioral and Social Sciences in a report published May 1995 titled "Technical Report 1027 - Simulator Sickness in Virtual Environments", out of 742 pilot exposures from 11 military flight simulators, "approximately half of the pilots (334) reported post-effects of some kind: 250 (34%) reported that symptoms dissipated in less than 1 hour, 44 (6%) reported that symptoms lasted longer than 4 hours, and 28 (4%) reported that symptoms lasted longer than 6 hours. There were also 4 (1%) reported cases of spontaneously occurring flashbacks".[8][9]

Many gamers also suffer motion sickness after playing the computer games like Half Life 2 and many other first person shooters that encompass physics into their gameplay. This has been reported on various game forums.(...)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_sickness
    Last edited by romj; 12-07-2007 at 11:35 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    I do get motion sickness on zome FPS games. I think another factor is the frame rate and lighting. Star Wars Episode 2 made me sick. Nintendo was aware of this and as far as I can tell Mario Galaxy is very pleasent on the eyes. If you liked Zelda TP you'll adore this game too. They are different games, but you can feel the Miyamoto touch on both.

And yes, Halo first player mode made me sick after 30 mins.

Member #
    Friends
    *Beware Noob Question* Whats FPS?
    Shnarf!! Shnarf!! Timmy!!!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by South Park
    *Beware Noob Question* Whats FPS?
    First Person Shooter.

Gears or War and Halo are first person shooters.

Member #
    Friends
    wats your prblem mp3 is a fps!

Ads