Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Super Mario Bros. MASTA! Doc141's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2478-2768-0821-6129

I think galaxy is over-rated

Don't get angry with me by any means this is no bad game. I love it, its fun. But for some reason its not doing for me what 64 did. Is it just me growing up? or what?

I love Mario....

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Well maybe, but its life.
    When you first play/do something you usually get set on that one thing, you know?

Its hard to top a good experience.

Personally though I find Galaxy and Mario 64 close in comparison.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    I agree. The game is alright, but there are some minor annoyances that put Mario 64 ahead. The length was the most disappointing thing IMO. Its kinda sad when the game hasn't improved in ten years. :/

Member #
    Friends
    All highly-rated games are "over-rated". I wish that term would be banished from the Internet. I had a ton of fun with Galaxy and I like it just as much as 64.
    Now playing: Phoenix Wright, Picross
    Wishlist: No More Heroes, SSBB, Disaster: DOC, Fire Emblem DS, Tales of Symphonia 2
    UGa football (11-2): Sugar Bowl Champs

Member #
    Friends
    6555-2844-7958-4986
    i don't know why a lot of people think SM 64 is better than galaxy or sunshine. i like those two better the 64 one.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6920-9646-7256-3871
    Well the game has great controls, it's simple, fun, and it seems too work perfectly that all players from novice to hardcore games enjoy. Not to many games today can say that. Thats the reason why its has such a high ratings.

Member #
    Friends
    hav ya read N Gamer they rated mario galaxy well better than 64 i mean ive completed 64 like 5 times wants ya play galaxy its well better

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidD
    i don't know why a lot of people think SM 64 is better than galaxy or sunshine. i like those two better the 64 one.

well, I have to be honest....I'm enjoying this one more. Now, back the, M64 was the only game that held my interest, except for a few racing games......I never really started gaming( playing a FPS, RPG, etc..) untill I got a 360.....

With that being said, MG has really been fun....a welcome break from COD4, halo3, etc.....

in fact, to be honest, it is bringing back SP enjoyment to my game playing....
    Wii60 FTW

Super Mario Bros. MASTA! Doc141's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2478-2768-0821-6129
    no one said this game was bad or any of that. I like Galaxy...

someones brought up controls. The controls are identical to Mario 64 with the addition of a waggle to make him spin (as opposed to b button to punch). I suppose the wall kicks are a lot easier.

To be frank what I am talking about is that feeling. The feeling I had when I first played Mario 64... It was when you saw something go from cartoon to real looking... And you went from a D-Pad to an Analog. And all a sudden you had complete control. And it was the first time, it gave you the overwhelming feeling that games had changed for good. They have. I don't think Mario Galaxy adds to much to the market really. It sets a standard for texture mapping on Wii, and its an all around fun game. But It doesn't give me the feeling.

Also its the little things. Where now its just a cool level. relying on itself, the music, and the physics to strike a chord. It removes some subtler things. Pihrana plant's music for instance, when he was sleeping in mario 64. I am not saying they should've kept that, because that belongs to mario 64. But it was the subtle changes that made mario 64 memorable. This is just another game. But its another really good game.

I love Mario....

Ads