LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: galaxy graphics

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Wow did Ubisoft actually admit to that? I guess it explains why there Wii games are trash compared to ps3/360.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Wow did Ubisoft actually admit to that? I guess it explains why there Wii games are trash compared to ps3/360.
    Yup, look!
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...sion-gets.html.

Edit. my first post didn't work, so I just posted one of my original post with links to Ubi's admision and other links that you may find quite interesting.
    Last edited by romj; 12-15-2007 at 11:48 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    WOW, just WOW. Those were some great links. Game devs are so gay to the Wii.

I never even realized how good graphics were on Rogue Squadron II on GC. That just goes to show you whats possible with the Wii and how lazy game devs are. The guy was even disappointed in RE4 for Wii.
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    WOW, just WOW. Those were some great links. Game devs are so gay to the Wii.

Yup! Right there before you very eyes! I know your reaction would be: Mine was:

Here something I wrote in another thread about how developers see the wii:

(...)I notice that most game developers see the wii as a kids toy and thus make games aimed at kids that comprise little effort and story, while the other two gaming platforms are seen as real gaming machines aimed at adults and thus they get quality games for them.

Every wii owner should take this as a slap in the face cuz it shows an attitude twards us that is comtemptable> Every poorly made port and quickly cobbled together game is an insult to our intelligence and ability to appreciate good quality in games. I think this is so cuz the game makers see the wii as a toy, a toy parents buy thier kids, a toy that developers feel that they can toss movie games on and a few low guality minigames and parents will eat it up, after all, they are shopping for thier kids, they don't know much about gaming in general, they ain't gonna be able to destinguish tween a good games and crap.(..)

This negative image is now self perpetuating. People go to a game store, look at what is avalible on the wii; ports of games from older systems, party games, minni games and movie adaptations in brightly colored boxes and go, "gag" and turn away in disgust. I know I have reacted with disgust and disapointment when I look at what is mostly avialible for the wii, compared to whats on and is comming to the other systems.

AS a wii owner I want to be taken seriously, I want developers to think of me as a discriminating consumer of their products and make games of high quality for the wii. (..)

sourse: http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...ube-page6.html

I never even realized how good graphics were on Rogue Squadron II on GC. That just goes to show you whats possible with the Wii and how lazy game devs are. The guy was even disappointed in RE4 for Wii.

Exactly, Mister! Exactly. What's available for the wii currently is in no way evidence of it's potenial power or lack thereof, but of the contempt of the gaming industry and developers as a whole towards it. I just hope Nintendo gets good and pissed off and DEMAND that quality games be made for their flagship product, after all their good name and image is on the line here, at least what's left of it....

Member #
    Friends
    3480-6187-2679-2938
    I think the graphics of Wii is only slightly higher than Gamecube. All they did was change the coloring. On Metroid Prime they added some blur effects and redesigned some things.
    The Wii has the potential to have graphics close to next gen, but without a shader like the ps3/360... it would take more work. When ps2 started out, the average game was terrible. For about 2 years, most games had graphics that were subpar. But some games had amazing graphics compared to the other games of there time.

Same principles apply for Wii. Just becuase the majority of early Wii games have slightly better graphics than the gamecube's latest titles, doesn't mean it will remain this way. Soon enough, most Wii games will have excellent graphics.

Nintendo's next console will have a solid graphical engine, as they wont cost as much to build as they do now. By this time, no person will be able to judge the Wii by graphics... or any other part of the console.

You seem to dislike the Wii. Do you feel you haven't gotten your money's worth?
    Would like a sig to enter here.

I have two personalities: Personality 1/Social/school= Metro/Skate/surf brand clothes and jokes. Personality 2/Wiichat=... Grammer and long words.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    if you read my post im not saying anything about how "wii sucks" I was just stating some facts and opinions of mine. Its pretty obvious graphics will get better when developers learn the hardware. Im just saying we dont KNOW how good it can actually get yet because no one is actually doing anything yet.

But im assuming Wii is better than the GC, then graphics SHOULD get better. I especially saw that with Rogue Squadron II. But just like the developer said, other developers are being lazy or not trying when they make Wii games. So we have to wait until someone takes it serious to see its true potential.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads