LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Who wants to get snuffed? Giuseppe's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7371-8119-8658-3078

Wii Sports Update with Super Mario Galaxy?

So I bought Mario Galaxy and I popped it in to play, after I go to the game screen and it says "SUPER MARIO GAAAAALLAAAXXYYYYYY" It asked me if I wanted to update my Wii. I thought "sure why not" so once it was done I notice that the Wiimote Warning screen has been changed. Now it shows the Wiimote with the nintendo rubber protector and new animations on what NOT to do. I said, "I wonder if it's like that with all my games now?" I pop in PBR and nothing changed, BUT when I popped in Wii Sports, everything had been updated. Now at every Menuscreen the Rubber Sleave had been put on every menu screen. And if you go in Boxing, they greatly improved the camera AND added new animations AND they added a knock out replay feature. If you winn by Knock out it replays the finaly blow ala Rocky Balboa. It was awesome.

I told my frineds about it and they though I was full of it. So I bring my Mario Galaxy to thier house and guess what. NOTHING HAPPEND. No update nothing. They thought I was going crazy because I just kept restarting and putting in SMG, but still no update. It wasn't untill I brought them over to my house and they SAW the updated Wii Sports themselves that they were like WTF?

So my Question is this. Since I know for a FACT thier is an update for Wii Spoerts now that improves the animations and adds a few extras to the game, howdo I updated my friends Wii so they can have the same updated Wii Sports as me.

Does it only update ONE Wii with a fresh new copy of SMG?

Was it a Fluke?

WTF is the deal?

>Pokemon Diamond Friend Code<
    Name: Giuse
    Code: 1031 7715 0350

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2295-5812-4746-3096
    That does sound a bit suspicious... when was the last time you turned it on? Maybe you missed the most recent system update? But that wouldn't explain the new features to Wii Sports... and we need to explain 'em cause I want them!

1/15/08 - My Wii Era Begins...

SSBB: 2234-6829-5171 Chuck, Memphis, CST
    MOH2: chuccck

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    Is it possible to post a screenshot of a new wii sports animation? I'm curious...

Member #
    Friends
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    Putting in SMG dosen't mean it will always pop up an update. If you update once, then you have the latest soft/firmware. A game will not keep poping up updates

Favorite Wiichat Members: Leve, CyanRussel, Wario2000, Frogger, Marioman, Mushroomed, SSBB_Lover, Axtlar, Brawny, and balrogs.pa

Smash Bros Brawl Friendcode: 3222 5243 1228

[SIZE="4"]PM me if you have added me

Member #
    Friends
    I have the similiar update and my friend who bought his wii after SMG had been released had the animations etc.
    do ur friends wiis have wiiupdate24?

kx5
    Member #
    Friends
    4424-9954-3124-7796
    my wii is online so i get the updates when they come out if your wii is not online you will download updates from new games
    Wii console number 4424 9954 3124 7796
    mario strikers FC 124676 291536
    GH3 FC 047370061678

Wii sports,, Smackdown vs Raw 08,, Big brain Academy,, WarioWare Smooth Moves,, Wii Play,, Rapala Fishing,, Rayman 1,, Rayman 2,, Super Mario Galaxy,, Super Paper Mario,, Mario Party 8,, Mario Strikers Charged,, Barbie Island Princess,, Guitar Hero III,, Tiger woods 07, cooking mama cook off, safari rescue.

Member #
    Friends
    1712-5166-5359-9450
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe
    So I bought Mario Galaxy and I popped it in to play, after I go to the game screen and it says "SUPER MARIO GAAAAALLAAAXXYYYYYY" It asked me if I wanted to update my Wii. I thought "sure why not" so once it was done I notice that the Wiimote Warning screen has been changed. Now it shows the Wiimote with the nintendo rubber protector and new animations on what NOT to do. I said, "I wonder if it's like that with all my games now?" I pop in PBR and nothing changed, BUT when I popped in Wii Sports, everything had been updated. Now at every Menuscreen the Rubber Sleave had been put on every menu screen. And if you go in Boxing, they greatly improved the camera AND added new animations AND they added a knock out replay feature. If you winn by Knock out it replays the finaly blow ala Rocky Balboa. It was awesome.

I told my frineds about it and they though I was full of it. So I bring my Mario Galaxy to thier house and guess what. NOTHING HAPPEND. No update nothing. They thought I was going crazy because I just kept restarting and putting in SMG, but still no update. It wasn't untill I brought them over to my house and they SAW the updated Wii Sports themselves that they were like WTF?

So my Question is this. Since I know for a FACT thier is an update for Wii Spoerts now that improves the animations and adds a few extras to the game, howdo I updated my friends Wii so they can have the same updated Wii Sports as me.

Does it only update ONE Wii with a fresh new copy of SMG?

Was it a Fluke?

WTF is the deal?
    Did your friend have a wifi connection?
    That is what gives them updates.

I'm a drummer too.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=C-z2M-rH6sA
    Pm me if you like it!

Member #
    Friends
    8480-0209-2306-3955
    i think it has to do with the wii sports disc itself. depending on when you purchased your wii, you might have received a more recent edition of wii sports with an added update.

Currently Playing:
    The Conduit
    Call of Duty: World at War

Ads