Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    This is not a shocker. ALL game and ALL hardware sales were way down in January. And as they point out, it's still nearly impossible to find a Wii, so if you can't buy the hardware you're not going to buy the game.
    Agreed.
    It is disappointing though, Galaxy really deserved to sell well.

I remember a bunch of people waiting till Christmas to buy the game, I guess that came true. If only Wii production was better, the sales would be as well.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

2. Ads

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    This truly optimise's the low attach rate for wii.

We get the second highest rated game ever, people rejoiced yet didn't buy.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Still this is going on American sales alone, and with the holiday season and the economy whats to be expected?

It still has sold 5.75 million worldwide in roughly 3-4 months on the market with its very spread out release dates, figure an average of 1.43-1.91 million a month, thats incredibal!

Compared to another huge game this year, Halo 3 selling 7.25 million in roughly 5 months average of 1.45 million, and that is arguably the "Fastest Selling Video Game Ever"

So its still selling faster than any other game on the market right now. Its just Americans arn't currently buying any games this time of year. Except maybe me, I blew some of my tax refund on alot of games.. ha ha

Wii still has a decent attachment rate at about 5 games per console now which isnt bad being out 15 months thats not to shabby, and its bound to pick up.
    Last edited by wezeles; 02-22-2008 at 03:08 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Actually Halo 3 sold 8.1 million worldwide as of January 3rd. But seeing as its Halo, most all of those were American sales alone.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Really you believe the Microsoft quoted numbers now? lol
    Even the NPD didn't report close to that kinda sales. Microsoft constantly list what left the factory and not what acctually sold. Only way for them to stay ontop I guess, if they plan to stick it in a box they plan on selling it so why not count it as sold, there numbers never match everyone elses..lol

NPD
    September: 3,300,000
    October: 433,800
    November:387,000
    December: 742,700
    January: 127,000

As you can see it deflated just as quick if not faster than SMG, and I higly doubt they sold 3.3 million outside the states by the beginning of January. Microsoft claims 8.1 on the 3rd of January what a joke.

It was however a smart move to put it out that far before the holidays, they knew they would get the big intial sales, and they got a nice boost for christmas. Still never broke a million in the states except for the launch month.
    Last edited by wezeles; 02-23-2008 at 11:24 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Halo 3 sold 8.1 million
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    8244-2285-2713-6668
    I'm don't know why the article is titled "failed" cause that's far from it.. What do they want every Wii owner to get SMG and sell rate to be steady at 1mil for months?

Wii's console number sold can't really be compared with how much software should sell because its audience is big. Some people who have Wii probably isn't interested in SMG so that can contribute. As oppose to 360 where most owner bought it for fps or Halo.

And taking into consideration of the month as well I say the sale rate isn't "failling" but that's just me.

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Halo 3 sold 8.1 million
    Got any proof to back that up? That info was released as of the 3rd of January by none other than Microsoft

Lets just go based on what we know.

Xbox 360 has 11-12 million consoles in homes in the USA right now. They have sold shy of 5 million Halo 3 copys to these consoles as of the END of January based on NPD numbers. So roughly 40-45% of the owners in the USA have picked it up so far.

Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Actually Halo 3 sold 8.1 million worldwide as of January 3rd. But seeing as its Halo, most all of those were American sales alone.
    Based on your own opinion the majority of games have sold in the USA which I agree its much more popular in the states than the rest of the world but lets just say the same amount of console owners bought the same percentage of games around the world.

Europe "other countrys" and Japan own about 6 million 360 consoles if 40-45% of them bought Halo 3 then about 2.5 million copies were sold as of the END of January

Giving us a brand new total of about 7.5 Million as of the END of January if guessing that the rest of the world accepted it as well as the USA. Which most likely is not the case.

Still gonna believe everything Microsoft tells ya? Or are you gonna use common sense? Your the one that usually commits to NPD numbers over everything else.

Not that this isn't impressive numbers! What other game can claim that kinda rep on any other console beyond a bundle game? Not Many, Specially percentage wise, Its great selling game no doubt. "Best Selling Game Ever" like so many people believe, hard to prove untill finnal "true" numbers come out and that usually isn't untill they make the last copy of Halo 3 and we see how many are still sitting on the shelfs.
    Last edited by wezeles; 02-24-2008 at 10:32 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by Douten
    I'm don't know why the article is titled "failed" cause that's far from it.. What do they want every Wii owner to get SMG and sell rate to be steady at 1mil for months?

Wii's console number sold can't really be compared with how much software should sell because its audience is big. Some people who have Wii probably isn't interested in SMG so that can contribute. As oppose to 360 where most owner bought it for fps or Halo.

And taking into consideration of the month as well I say the sale rate isn't "failling" but that's just me.
    Exactly, Wii owners are much more deverse than 360 owners in not only age but for taste in games.

Even so it is still the 2nd best overall selling game this GEN, only being beaten out by a "Hardcore" title like Halo 3, which has been out longer and in terms of time to sales "using the real NPD or fake MS" numbers show SMG acctually out selling Halo 3 on a month to month basis, with both of them slowing down dramatically after christmas. In terms of failing its dead wrong its just very common sales trends for the time of year, and everyone is being effected not just SMG.
    Last edited by wezeles; 02-24-2008 at 10:34 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    6886-8046-5019-6808
    I am surprised that SMG hasn't sold more, but still, I wouldn't call that a failure, and, as pointed out, there's other factors involved...namely, the shortage of Wiis.

And the sales certainly don't reflect the quality of the game. In my opinion, Galaxy is one of the finest games ever created.

Ads