Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    that doesnt come as a shocker to me, i know the game is good, but i could see from a mile away that it would sell as good a anticipated.

But im curious, that post.... it states that its the highest rated game of all time, from who though?

PSN ID: zapasant93

Brawl is off the wall Global War's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3303-4951-8144-5736
    i think nintendo could make more wiis faster if they wanted. They simply don't want to drop selling price. It's the old supply and demand. If no one has notice both microsoft and sony have dropped the selling price of their systems, and their systems are way easier to find. good strategy to keep up profits
    Currently owned wii/vc games: Madden '08, Metroid 3, Wii Play, Mario Party 8, Zelda TP, Call of Duty 3, Mohh2 SMG, Sports, Cooking Mama Cook Off, GH3, SSBB, Pokemon Snap, Star Fox 64
    Wish List: Zelda OOT, Endless Ocean, a headset, Battalion Wars 2, Mario Kart, Hooked, Wireless Nunchucks, Tiger Woods, Super Paper Mario, Mercury Meltdown + more
    SSBB: 5327-0564-7797 PM 4 add
    I use Sonic

Member #
    Friends
    Not a total failure, but still, the best game on the most bought system should have better numbers.
    MoHH2 Account name: CocoSnipe

Games: Super Mario Galaxy, LoZ: Twilight Princess, Warioware, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Wii Sports, Madden 08

Getting: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Rock Band (PS2)

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    SMG has sold almost 6 million copies currently! It's sold more copies than Gears of War, and is only 1.6 million copies away from Halo 3. Who wrote that article? This is why I qoute actual sales figures from NPD, Gamasutra, and LEGIT news sources.

Most PS3 games have sold less than 800,000 copies. The current highest selling PS3 games are Motorstorm, and Resistance 2.7-2.5 million copies. The highest selling 360 game is Halo 3 at 7.4 million, and the highest selling Wii game next to Wiiplay's 10 million copies, is Wiisports at 19 million copies.
    Last edited by sagema; 02-26-2008 at 02:24 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    SMG has sold almost 6 million copies currently! It's sold more copies than Gears of War, and is only 1.6 million copies away from Halo 3. Who wrote that article? This is why I qoute actual sales figures from NPD, Gamasutra, and LEGIT news sources.

Most PS3 games have sold less than 800,000 copies. The current highest selling PS3 games are Motorstorm, and Resistance 2.7-2.5 million copies. The highest selling 360 game is Halo 3 at 7.4 million, and the highest selling Wii game next to Wiiplay's 10 million copies, is Wiisports at 19 million copies.
    Well Wiisports DOES come with the system, unless these figures include japan.
    MoHH2 Account name: CocoSnipe

Games: Super Mario Galaxy, LoZ: Twilight Princess, Warioware, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Wii Sports, Madden 08

Getting: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Rock Band (PS2)

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoSSBB
    Well Wiisports DOES come with the system, unless these figures include japan.
    They do include Japan's sales. Wii sports has sold about 2.9 million copies in japan, not bad considering they are just shy of 6 million Wii's in Japan as well so 50% of japan's Wii owners still went and bought Wii Sports. They did get the console at a cheeper price though.

Member #
    Friends
    May I add that other highly ranked games fell off the map also. What you guys are finding out is these games may be rated high yet they are not even close to being addictive or even some thing you want to play every day. The whole ratings thing is messed up because it only judges the quality of graphics and animation not the what draws the players in which is the quality of the game play.

Galaxy got those parts right yet if they really wanted to make us happy they would have figured out how to make mario 3 all over again and in 3D!

I'm expecting this game to have legs though because it's a mario game. Then again the every one channel may fix this also. It may actualy need more ads to reach the people who don't know about it. It still sold in the hundred thousands. Yet I think there are a lot of older gamers with the Wii meaning the new comers and the 3 to 2 system gamers. These guys have grown out of mario and the 3d platforming may not be extreme enough for them. I still love racing thur the old mario games and even the first mario game incredibly.

Member #
    Friends
    2064-8110-4406-4869
    WHY!?!? WHY does everyone get the impression that a good game equals good sales?? Marketing is the biggest factor for sales in any industry. My friend came over one day to play Mario Galaxy and he kept telling me how he thought the game was gonna suck because of the commercial. Adverising could be a real monster if used properly.

Now think about Halo 3's marketing. When the game was release I couldn't watch TV without seeing that damn Mountain Dew Game Fuel commercial. I can assure you that if Mario Galaxy's ads were all over the place and in your local supermarket sales would have been way higher. Possibly higher than Halo 3-but im not sure they would certainly be neck and neck.

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    When I say shocker I mean well, the fastest selling video game console of all time has the second highest rated game ever yet it does well for two months then dies.

Think, around 4 Million games sold but like 20 million consoles. The lack of consoles isn't an excuse since there is 16 million who didn't buy the game.

Roughly.

And considering the Wii cant play DVDs, Blu-Ray or HD-DVD (RIP), what ARE the owners doing with their Wii's? I agree, it doesnt make much sense, you'd expect a drop in sales, not a complete drop off the radar...

"If I had a dollar bill for everytime I was wrong, I'd be a self-made millionaire and I wouldn't be singing..."

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Again guys when you look at month to month sales the game is doing great!
    It's just not the time of year for game sales. So far the rumors for Feb's sales are higher than Januarys, haven't heard on Halo 3's numbers yet. COD4 is selling solid allt he time though.

NO ONE buys stuff up the month after christmas, thats when you have to pay off your credit cards ha ha.. It's not failing in any sense of the word and it hasn't been on the market long enough to even claim that it might fail!

Look for yourself---> http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/14/ja...for-the-month/

There wasn't a single game in the month of January that broke a million in sales. There are a few on the list of hot sellers including Wii-play,SMG,GH3,COD4,Burnout all in the top 10. And honestly they all did bad in comparison to any other time of the year.

The top game if you include all consoles
    would actually be GH3 but that has more to do with limited stock than anything... people wanting to buy it for christmas but it wasnt available again till the begining of January.

Eaither way stop getting your panties in a twist without the information first. We still haev no clue how well it will do its the end of Month 4 for the game with still limited stock of consoles. Who knows how many future and current owners will pick it up!

Ads