LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Game is really good so far, but the reading is extremly boring. Infact, it probably added an hour of "gameplay", and i've been playing for about 2h30min so far. I'd say that it's really good, but if you don't like sitting through reading (like me) then you'll miss important stuff when you skip it (like me) and have to go back and do it again!

The game is very linear. In fact, so is Zelda now that I mention it. During chapter 2 I believe you get a way to get around easier (i wont spoil it) but... even then..you have to do everything in a specfic order, in order to move on...

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    How does the reading compare to say the amount of scanning you do in metroid prime?

Member #
    Friends
    Fun game and its worth the money. I love how you could flip 2D to 3D. I also like the humor.
    I was so lucky to get a wii
    I got Wii sports, red Steel, Rayman RR, elebits, Wario smooth moves, Zelda: splinter cell, Godfather,
    Cooking Mama, Wii play, Super paper mario,Exite Truck
    ADD ME- 0319 5218 5745 4732 Just tell me ur code

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    I enjoy the game so far. I am only in chapter 1-3. I expected to play it for about 10 hours this afternoon, but fiance's parents needed help with stuff.

I got all giggity when I get the mega shroom thing.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Love this game, only been able to play for about an hour so far, but love the whole flip thing! FLIP FLIP FLIP! OK, I'll stop now.

IMHO, the 3D thing really opens up a whole new side to the Paper Mario games

Games I own:
    SSX: Blur
    Rayman: Raving Rabbids
    Super Paper Mario

...it gonna be zoppity tarheelsuperman's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    So far I love the game (finished chapter 1). Like others have said...there is ALOT of reading but most of it is clever and humorous so it isn't all that bad. The best part of the game is changing from 2D to 3D. I think the overall design is great, and I don't get the feeling like it "uninspired, basic, and lazily put together." I think the design fits the game perfectly. The controls may not utilize the Wii capabilities as much as other games but I do feel like they are well done. When you hardly notice the controls for a game that is a good thing.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mosx
    Is it a lot like the old Paper Marios, or is it like completely different..
    It uses a good portion of the same characters...some new....but a lot old. Game play is half the same and half not. The turn based battling is gone, but the new battle system isnt soo bad.

Member #
    Friends
    Everyone keeps saying...."Its too much to read" and all I can do is just laugh. When did reading become a bad thing to do? Remember people used to READ for FUN before TV and video games. Reading helps you get into the story and is part of the addiction. Without the reading, and the story, I dont think the game would get as good as reviews.

Member #
    Friends
    So far, I'm really enjoying this game. I just finished the first Chapter 1-4. What I really like about this game as opposed to the last Paper Mario is that the turn based fighting system is gone. I'd rather fight in real time as opposed to letting everyone have a chance to hit me.

As far as the controls go, I think they're pretty good so far. I don't mind Wii controls like those in Zelda, but I couldn't play Tiger Wood 2007 for more than thirty minutes due to having to stand up all the time. I wish they would have built a regular control mode into that game. That way you could use the Wii controls when you felt like it and conventional controls when you didn't.
    #1 on the list for a Wii

Member #
    Friends
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    Quote Originally Posted by white89gt
    I wish they would have built a regular control mode into that game. That way you could use the Wii controls when you felt like it and conventional controls when you didn't.
    They do, you can use the analog stick on the nunchuck to swing. You just gotta change the options in the menu from the default one.
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

Ads