I am only on chapter 2:
- The old school side scroll mixed with the ability to switch to 3D
- The Zelda meet Mario vibe, PIXL being like your Navi
- Some of the graphics
- The fact that it's just FUN. It actually does bring out the kid in you.
- Too much reading. Banter is psuedo-funny and, IMHO, not worth my time. Let me get to stomping on some of those classic mario characters please!
- Backgrounds can be obnoxious - at times reminds me of WarioWorld which I could not play because it looked like a seizure.
- Can be too easy. Remember in old school mario games when there was a "fire rod" spinning in circles you had to time yourself; yes, this was tricky and fun. Now, (again I'm only on chapter 2) you can simply flip to 3D world and walk around a paper thin fire.
The bottom line:
It's fun. 8.5/10 so far.