Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just bought it

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4103-3191-5795-3127

Just bought it

I'm not sure if this has been covered already, I looked through some threads but without reading them all it could take a while!!

I've noticed the talking sequences take ages and I must had the game on 10 minutes before I took over the game!

Wii Sports, Red Steel (27%), Zelda : Twilight Princess (Forest Temple), Resident Evil 4 : Wii Edition (3-1), Trauma Center : Second Opinion (Ch2 1), Super Paper Mario (Ch 3-1), Mario Strikers Charged Football, MoH Heroes 2

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    One reason why i started it then turned it right off. My brother said it goes through most of the first like 15 min of the game but i couldnt sit through it, i got to bored to fast. So that is 1 game of mine that i lost intrest in.

Member #
    Friends
    6759-3582-4004-6910
    The worst thing about all the talking is that most of it doesn't matter. I am on world 6 and I can't tell you what level I was on the last time I read any of that crap.
    Fatherhood: The toughest job you'll ever love.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yeah all the useless "dialog" is a frequent complaint about this game. The humor is... bizarre... and you get to the point where even mashing on the buttons as fast as you can doesn't progress the stupid chatter along fast enough so that you can get back to actually playing the game.

I was hoping for something of the instant-gratification level of SMB on the NES, but holy freakin' crap... I can't imagine any of my friends having the patience to deal with the annoyances of this game. Which is a shame, since the real gameplay parts are pretty fun and I enjoy the retro aspects a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Agreed, there's far too much talking in this game. Usually it's painfully obvious what I have to do without the game telling me in the most drawn-out way possible. Most of the jokes aren't funny enough to warrant such long cutscenes. Oh yeah, and chapter 2-3 (the one where you have to earn "rubees") is no fun at all. The game is at its best when it's plain, normal gameplay.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Ads