LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

I like this game better than SMG

The biggest downside was SMG's easiness. But even with some harder levels I just wasn't having much fun because there was no reward except getting a star to levels.

SPM is RPG/Platformer so its more fun to me. It brings back the nostalgic feeling of side scrolling mario game. But sadly its also extremely easy (so far). The level designs are as easy as they come. Also alot of things can be passed extremely easy with flipping to 3d mode and just walking by.

For example the fire things that used to be in Bowsers castles:

Alot of the levels, you can put 3d mode and just walk past those EASY. So there are no real obstacles. The hardest parts are kind of a puzzle when you have to figure out how to do something. Though those are usually easy to.

So since both games are really easy, it comes down to the Nostalgic feeling I get from side scrolling mario and the fact that it has a RPG aspect of leveling up, items, abilities, etc.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Bustin makes me feel good powerpc127's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3083-0092-7721-0385
    Tell me this game is easy after you beat the pit of 100 trials.
    I want to see a 3D mario game return to its roots, but entirely in 3D and not an RPG. Why not have worlds and levels? Why not make it linear and challenging and not having it focus around one small "headquarters" like the comet observatory or Peach's castle. Sonic games have done it pretty well, so it can be done. But no matter how much I fantisize, it won't happen so why bother?

Thanks for the sweet sig idjut
    GH3 code:051661839119 you're goin' down
    -=Join the 1st Church of Ramen (1CR)=-
    PM Zoro11031 to join

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    They are both great games, but I prefer SMG myself.

Member #
    Friends
    I like the Worlds and Levels type style. I also like the side scroller better IMO. More fast pace, more challenging and just overall fun.

But so far SPM is just really easy so far. Most of the challenge in it has been puzzles and those puzzles have been easy because they basically tell you what to do. The other problem is that more of the obstacles in the games are from going 2d to 3d and walking. There's barely any monsters to fight like back in Super Mario 1/2/3/World
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    0120-6723-8776-4093
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    I like the Worlds and Levels type style. I also like the side scroller better IMO. More fast pace, more challenging and just overall fun.

But so far SPM is just really easy so far. Most of the challenge in it has been puzzles and those puzzles have been easy because they basically tell you what to do. The other problem is that more of the obstacles in the games are from going 2d to 3d and walking. There's barely any monsters to fight like back in Super Mario 1/2/3/World
    you wont say it's easy after you beat flipside and flopside pit of 100 trials

Member #
    Friends
    I just went through most of the flipside trials, got bored of it and reset game.

Its not really hard, its just a maze/puzzle type thing. You kill someone to get the key and move on.

On the plus side, I got to chapter 3 and its starting to remind me of the older marios and finally starting to put more enemies that actually do something besides walk back and forth.

Member #
    Friends
    3041-8420-1576-4112
    I just went through most of the flipside trials, got bored of it and reset game.

Its not really hard, its just a maze/puzzle type thing. You kill someone to get the key and move on.

On the plus side, I got to chapter 3 and its starting to remind me of the older marios and finally starting to put more enemies that actually do something besides walk back and forth.
    Well you know, not all of us have no lives like you.
    My Face------------------------------------>

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Add my PSN for some good shit~iDorkfish

Member #
    Friends
    Yea I know, most people are clocking more than a hour and a half in one day...

I was out all day since 7am and didnt get back home until 6pm

Member #
    Friends
    3041-8420-1576-4112
    Yea I know, most people are clocking more than a hour and a half in one day...

I was out all day since 7am and didnt get back home until 6pm
    Were you at a friends house playing Xbox with him??? cuz thats actually what i do on occasion. lol, Xbox live parties.
    My Face------------------------------------>

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Add my PSN for some good shit~iDorkfish

Member #
    Friends
    No...

Ads