I know this thing has been in development for a while but after seeing the recent vids of what it can do I thought id repost it
(Its the same size as a DS)
- ARM® Cortex™-A8 600Mhz+ CPU running Linux
- 430-MHz TMS320C64x+™ DSP Core
- PowerVR SGX OpenGL 2.0 ES compliant 3D hardware
- 800x480 4.3" 16.7 million colours touchscreen LCD
- Wifi 802.11b/g, Bluetooth & High Speed USB 2.0 Host
- Dual SDHC card slots & SVideo TV output
- Dual Analogue and Digital gaming controls
- 43 button QWERTY and numeric keypad
- Around 10+ Hours battery life
How did this system come to be?
The Pandora is a unique machine. It was designed based on the input of thousands of forum users with one goal in mind - to make the ultimate open source handheld device.
How powerful is it?
It is by far the most powerful handheld in the world both in terms of raw CPU power and 3D graphics capability, it will be able to handle things such as Firefox3 or Quake3 with ease.
When and where can I buy it?
It is already available to selected developers and preorders on September the 30th for casual users via UK, USA, Canada, Germany and Turkey.
How much will it cost?
It's $330, to get the latest price in your currency use a conversion website such as xe.com.
What is the device designed for?
It is designed as an ultra portable open source computer with gaming controls, it is very small, around about the same size as a DS. It can easily fit in your pocket.
Why such a radical design?
The design is actually a simple clamshell which gives maximum protection, maximum control layout and of course maximum battery size.