+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1130-2954-1680-3052

Nintendo to make gamers more hungry?

I know this may not seem like Nintendo, but I have a feeling close to the time of launching their top games, they'll be releasing virtual console games related to the franchise. A prime example is of Metroid Prime 3, for some reason I believe a week or two before it's launch, Nintendo will have the Super Metroid on the Virtual console. As for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it would be interesting for another N64 game to come out, ironically, Super Smash Bros for the N64. And although they have released Super Mario 64 for the virtual console, around the time of Super Mario Galaxy, I believe we can see a Super Mario World coming onto the Virtual console. And for Sonic and The Secret Rings, how about Sonic 2? Or even Sonic and Knuckles, which is an all-time favorite to me. In my opinion, if Nintendo was to do this sort of strategic planning, they can expect more sales and it'd also be a way to have gamers guessing but at the same time know to expect the unexpected.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Member #
    Friends
    2581-5457-0652-4659
    Marketing 101.
    Forum username: Tristo
    Wii Friend Code: 2581-5457-0652-4659
    Wii Username: Tristan

Please add me.

Member #
    Friends
    Wouldn't entirely surprise me, but I hope we don't have to wait until the next Zelda game for Link to the Past to appear...

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    I think that might be around Super Smash Bros. Brawl for something like that to happen.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Member #
    Friends
    I think you might be onto something. This is a current trend that goes even beyond video games. I've noticed that for almost every movie remake they come out with recently, a couple of weeks before DVD release, the original shows up on the shelf in some remastered form.

It seems so truely ironic that in a time when "next gen" is being pushed so hard, that classic gaming is making such a huge come back.

Wii Would Like To Play martin8768's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8015-3833-0791-9078
    their putting the VC game out before the new ones to make a lil extra $$$ before everyone gets the new games and dont want to play the old VC games, i mean dont get my wrong i love the VC games but i would rather play next-gen wii games

Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    Quote Originally Posted by ekosix
    I think you might be onto something. This is a current trend that goes even beyond video games. I've noticed that for almost every movie remake they come out with recently, a couple of weeks before DVD release, the original shows up on the shelf in some remastered form.

It seems so truely ironic that in a time when "next gen" is being pushed so hard, that classic gaming is making such a huge come back.

At Hollywood Video, when Superman Returns was coming to shelves, you should of seen how many (Christopher Reeves) Superman movies were being "remastered" for DVD. Of course people want Next-Gen games, but many of the veterans also want to remember how great the classics had been.

their putting the VC game out before the new ones to make a lil extra $$$ before everyone gets the new games and dont want to play the old VC games, i mean dont get my wrong i love the VC games but i would rather play next-gen wii games
    That's a part of the marketing plan, but you've got the wrong intention. This is to hype up the game that is coming out with a comparison to a 2D side scroller to a 3D "Sandbox" type of environment. You may rather play the "Next-Gen" (now Current Gen) games, but there's nothing wrong with going back to the old school games to appreciate the history of the character(s).

Member #
    Friends
    hmmm interesting........

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    idc i'll buy Any good game ^^

No Longer Have A Wii

Wii Would Like To Play martin8768's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8015-3833-0791-9078
    yah theirs nothing wrong with it, its smart, their not stupid their at nintendo neither are we, they know what we want and we love VC games and new games.
    Mario Kart DS:
    021561 532709 (Martin)
    StarFox Command DS:
    512 705 470 425(Martin)
    Wii Code:
    8015 3833 0791 9078(Martin)
    Official AOTS and X-Play FanClub {#7}

Ads