LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 191

Thread: Wii VC Hacked

  1. #101
    WiiChat Member Canumbler's Avatar
    Member #
    12944
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    41
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    There is a large difference between a loose analogy and a false one.

    Yes, stealing is stealing, and piracy is piracy, the definitions do not merge and to pretend they do is ridiculous.

    Attaining something without permission is not always theft, particularly in the case where you're copying that something, in which case it is not theft, as theft in all definitions requires the original owner to be deprived of what you "take".

    I am yet to see a study that even shows a correlation between how much people pirate games and how much they spend on them, whereas I linked to one that says the opposite in my last post.
    Last edited by Canumbler; 01-10-2007 at 07:40 PM.

  2. #102
    Wii & DFI acphydro's Avatar
    Member #
    11823
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    423
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    Quote Originally Posted by Canumbler
    There is a large difference between a loose analogy and a false one.

    Yes, stealing is stealing, and piracy is piracy, the definitions do not merge and to pretend they do is ridiculous.

    Attaining something without permission is not always theft, particularly in the case where you're copying that something, in which case it is not theft, as theft in all definitions requires the original owner to be deprived of what you "take".

    I am yet to see a study that even shows a correlation between how much people pirate games and how much they spend on them, whereas I linked to one that says the opposite in my last post.
    That is exactly why I stated it was a loose analogy and not a false one. Posting completely false analogies is rather pointless. Regardless of definitions you have to think for yourself, not base your thinking on what government and law. It really doesn't matter how something is defined. If you go around spouting definitions its almost like you can't think for yourself.

    Not always but in this case it is. If someone finds out how to download the VC games from Nintendo onto their Wii then Nintendo is deprived of what is taken and that is theft. Studies are just that. They only take into account the people that actually participated. They don't really prove anything or have a lot of merit. How many pirates do you know? If I know 3 and all 3 agree that they buy software that they deem worth it after being able try it out I don't have a right to say that all pirates are like that based on my study of those 3 people do I? Not at all. That's basically stereotyping in a form.

  3. #103
    WiiChat Member Deathmetalmaster's Avatar
    Member #
    4774
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lorton, Virginia
    Posts
    268
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by acphydro
    That is exactly why I stated it was a loose analogy and not a false one. Posting completely false analogies is rather pointless. Regardless of definitions you have to think for yourself, not base your thinking on what government and law. It really doesn't matter how something is defined. If you go around spouting definitions its almost like you can't think for yourself.

    Not always but in this case it is. If someone finds out how to download the VC games from Nintendo onto their Wii then Nintendo is deprived of what is taken and that is theft. Studies are just that. They only take into account the people that actually participated. They don't really prove anything or have a lot of merit. How many pirates do you know? If I know 3 and all 3 agree that they buy software that they deem worth it after being able try it out I don't have a right to say that all pirates are like that based on my study of those 3 people do I? Not at all. That's basically stereotyping in a form.


    so uhhh.........anyone want to break into nintendo HQ this weekend?

    come on..................it'll be fun
    Death to false metal!

    Hail Nintendo!

    wii code: 6051-7035-5717-2964

    User Name: Shinden

  4. #104
    Wii & DFI acphydro's Avatar
    Member #
    11823
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    423
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathmetalmaster
    so uhhh.........anyone want to break into nintendo HQ this weekend?

    come on..................it'll be fun
    Sure we all like to have fun. I just wont take anything while I'm there.

  5. #105
    **.: arf . arf . arf :.** StepOnfrog's Avatar
    Member #
    11815
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    33
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3485-3598-3383-3303
    Sorry. You rant on about an 'Extreme' analogy, yet in this post you are essentially defending your 'analogy' (tends to be more of a direct statement of you you belief, rather than analogy) with yet another statement...

    Quote Originally Posted by acphydro
    Stealing is stealing no matter how you look at it. A starving family stealing for food is still stealing. I'm not a cold hearted prick however, I can understand survival but by all means VC games aren't necessary for survival are they? lol
    Pfft!

    Quote Originally Posted by acphydro
    I'll be ready for round 3 later tonight or tomorrow
    You never finsished round 1 or 2, how can you be ready for round 3.? We're still waiting for a decent enough explaination to your blarb about stealing and rape, especially now that ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Canumbler
    Good LORD boy! You just compared copyright violations to rape!
    Let's be clear here, one is the grievous assault of another individual, the other is a civil violation of a revenue protection mechanism for a company.
    ... has given a more worded definition to your essential rant. All you replied to this was that you had previously posted...
    Quote Originally Posted by acphydro
    Now this is an EXTREME analogy or take on the subject.
    ... but, then returning to the original subject of this current post...
    Quote Originally Posted by acphydro
    Stealing is stealing no matter how you look at it. A starving family stealing for food is still stealing. I'm not a cold hearted prick however, I can understand survival but by all means VC games aren't necessary for survival are they? lol
    ...seems your argument is starting to run round in circles....



    I can easily understand your need to crack the encryption on VC games... But, I really do shake my head <shakes head & frowns> at your sweeping statement RE: stealing & rape, especially when you try to disguise it as an analogy. <still not happy at your children stealing food = raping - rant>

    Right, I'm off to my own forum to moan my 'nads off about this... <back shortly>

    ++Rant For The World++
    .:moan.moan:.
    I.Play.With.Mii.Wii
    --
    Now I got on Wii: WiiPlay, WiiSports, Gotleib Pinball, Zelda: TP (of course!), Rampage, NFS: Carbon (of course!), WarioWare: SM (of course!)
    On VC: Sonic, Columns, GoldenAxe, SpaceHarrier II.

  6. #106
    Wii & DFI acphydro's Avatar
    Member #
    11823
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    423
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7791-8243-5459-4780
    Quote Originally Posted by StepOnfrog
    Sorry. You rant on about an 'Extreme' analogy, yet in this post you are essentially defending your 'analogy' (tends to be more of a direct statement of you you belief, rather than analogy) with yet another statement...



    Pfft!



    You never finsished round 1 or 2, how can you be ready for round 3.? We're still waiting for a decent enough explaination to your blarb about stealing and rape, especially now that ...

    ... has given a more worded definition to your essential rant. All you replied to this was that you had previously posted...

    ... but, then returning to the original subject of this current post...


    ...seems your argument is starting to run round in circles....



    I can easily understand your need to crack the encryption on VC games... But, I really do shake my head <shakes head & frowns> at your sweeping statement RE: stealing & rape, especially when you try to disguise it as an analogy. <still not happy at your children stealing food = raping - rant>

    Right, I'm off to my own forum to moan my 'nads off about this... <back shortly>

    Of course I'll defend my own posts---thats common sense. The major point you failed to see of the [extreme analogy] is a crime is a crime in theory. That is not a belief that is fact. People can analyze and generate ideas all day long and these threads can go on forever and ever. You claim a [decent] explanation is needed or you are waiting to hear one, yet what is decent to you may not be decent enough to others. If you still can't understand what has been written above, then I don't think you will be able to fully understand what exactly we are talking about here which is why it is starting to sound like you are getting confused.

    Round 2 ended with most of your post. Round 3 started near the end when you began getting confused about the subject. "...seems your argument is starting to run round in circles...." If it helps---think of it as more of a post to show you what can happen when an extreme comparison is made and is true theoretically. It will upset a few people and they will need a long time to think about it and will post arguments that have no merit to it. Stealing is stealing it doesnt matter what you take, if you have taken it then you have taken it. My post clearly stated that the punishment should be the same for the crimes of the same type.

    You rape someone you get 5 years, you steal something you get 5 years. Which brings us to another point---there are always flaws in any argument EVEN if you can provide PROOF, because someone will always be able to get around your argument with something of their own.

    So I suggest to re-read the last paragraph in the post about [rape] that I made and pay close attention the closing statement. Don't take it as a specific situation, re-read it until you understand how the same basic principle applies to theft.

    That being said, I don't have a need to crack encryption for Virtual Console as I will purchase the software I intend to use. Any other method not endorsed by Nintendo for their software would be obtained in an illegal way, whether it be stealing, rape, etc. The software isn't overpriced in the first place, which tells us that anyone wanting to play for free is a rapist by your understanding of my post. We are talking theoretically here. That should shed some light on the subject for you

    edit: it is possible that calling it an analogy should have been avoided --- as it could be considered a theoretical analogy or anything other than a true 1:1 analogy.
    Last edited by acphydro; 01-11-2007 at 11:56 AM.

  7. #107
    WiiChat Member Canumbler's Avatar
    Member #
    12944
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    41
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    "theoretical", "analogy", two words that should be not be used in describing your direct comparison of theft to rape.

    Describe what nintendo has been deprived of by copying their software? I wouldn't have bothered to go down this path but now you've said it I'm intrigued.

    I spout definitions because it's really quite hard to understand what you're talking about when you're using your own special superset of english, it'd be nice if you used the accepted norms ;-)

    You can preach that piracy is as bad as stealing till you're blue in the face, I don't mind, that's your opinion and while I don't totally agree with you I certainly understand it.
    However it does irk me when people try to say that piracy IS stealing, it's clearly not.
    And as for the rape post.. well I just had to respond to that insanity.

  8. #108
    **.: arf . arf . arf :.** StepOnfrog's Avatar
    Member #
    11815
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    33
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3485-3598-3383-3303
    Right,

    Firstly, you will do wise not to imply me to be thick, unintelligent, stupid, or anything else again! Certainly, if you need to show your transparency... then who would I be to stop you, eh?

    Secondly, thanks for urging me to re-read the whole of this thread right from the very begining, and to pay particular attention to your posts. It makes great reading, especially when you make a post, then reply to the following reply with such a long waffle about all and sundry. Implying that you are soooo full of knowledge really doesn't make you look any more intelligent, or important (even with lengthy sentences full of ripe language that tend to lack here and there as though you've forgotten to keep the act up, or something), or both depending on how you view yourself.

    And, view yourself you do, don't you!? (Yes, this is a question within a statement. I'm allowed, cos I ain't talking cr*p)

    Seriously, I'm laughing my 'nads off..!

    I really was going to point everything out to everyone about your posts and how you write, how you should write, why and how you have reached the point of implying me with a lack of intelligence, but considering members are being kicked for much less, I won't waste my time on you... But be assured, if you wan't to continue implying negative things about me...

    Anyway, after re-reading, as you suggested, I still come to the same conclusions plus more. I hadn't realised that *something* about you, but now that I have, I can see your posts in the light they're not intended to be viewed with. And, it's very typical the way you post and repost, for you are very similar to a few *subjects* that I know.

    And, no. I'm not being cryptic just to make myself sound as though I know something (things) about you, and hide the possibility that I don't know jack about you at all. I'm being ethical for your sake, and in the same breath (or keys) implying that others should perhaps take the opportunity to re-read the whole of this thread (as you suggest I). The penny dropped for me when I came across a thread that stated exactly the same as the general feelings I've been picking up from your postings... I knew then that it wasn't me just being thick, or dense, or just not reading your posts as you initially intended.

    My question after your next post may very well begin with 'Do you feel...', or 'Tell me of your feelings regarding...'

    -------------------------------------
    So, now back to the post...

    I'm gonna stop here, not for your sake, but because I'm seriously bored with you.. I keep intending to write something (in fact, I've written loads, and then erased it because I would likely be kicked from this forum), and then I think to myself 'why bother...?' I know exactly how, and why you write the way you do, I have no need to back myself up.

    But, as for the theft = rape [Extreme] analogy, can you really not see that YOU CANNOT STEAL SEX. Rape is the act itself - forceful unagreed sex (to put it bluntly). You state Stealing is equal to Rape, uh? How and why you asked.... Oh, how I laughed... I can guarantee others did too, after being disgusted.

    Yes, I can reply to your last post in full, and very well, too. I just cannot be bothered with you. Showing your light and intention by implying me with a lack of intelligence... pffft!

    Round 1, 2 & 3... pffft!

    Classing Rape and Theft together because you get the same 5 year sentence... pffft!

    Thinking you're only writing to me with that 'looking down your nose at me' kiind of tone, when in principal you're doing exactly the same to a LOT of poeple... pffff!

    Re-arranging your statement in that you have no NEED to hack a VC game, when in fact you had originally stated that you were going to keep hacking *a VC game* until you cracked it.... pffft!

    May I suggest you actually take a spoon of your own medicine and go back to re-read your own posts and replies?

    Pfffft!
    ++Rant For The World++
    .:moan.moan:.
    I.Play.With.Mii.Wii
    --
    Now I got on Wii: WiiPlay, WiiSports, Gotleib Pinball, Zelda: TP (of course!), Rampage, NFS: Carbon (of course!), WarioWare: SM (of course!)
    On VC: Sonic, Columns, GoldenAxe, SpaceHarrier II.

  9. #109
    Comp Sci's Smurfette kissoff182's Avatar
    Member #
    13149
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Posts
    146
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3101-2661-0950-9186
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveryanfrenzy
    nintendo is a business providing us with a way to get and play these games, the price really isn't that bad for the hours you get out of it, why not just be honest and appreciate what they have done for us all these years?

    it's their business that they've created and set up, you can't simply come up with some argument to justify stealing or 'hacking' to get free games, what right do you have to do what you want with something that doesn't belong to you? pay for the right to play and be happy that they have supplied us with such entertainment and that they keep on doing so.
    That's nice, except that Nintendo needs to realize that not many people are going to buy a whole bunch of their games (unless they're uber WoW nerds who play video games all day) because ROMs are available for free for your computer. I would pay $5 for N64 games, $2 for SNES games, and $1 for NES games. $10 for one N64 game is not worth the classic feeling of sitting in front of the television holding a classic controller.

  10. #110
    get crunk. blueradio's Avatar
    Member #
    11742
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cleveland.
    Posts
    1,151
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6390-2874-0535-4544
    The VC Games can be downloaded anywhere!
    Honestly almost all the roms out there carry these games.
    If you can get them for free on your PC why not your Wii?



    Well do you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. COD5 hacked during multiplayer?
    By shnii in forum Nintendo Wii Online
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 06:29 PM
  2. Wii Officially hacked
    By ashee in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 09:23 PM
  3. is this lugia hacked?
    By wii_girliefairie in forum Pokemon
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 11:01 AM
  4. Hacked Wii firmware
    By uk_louis_1986 in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 03:21 PM
  5. RED STEEL ISO aKa HACKED
    By Aerodude618 in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-28-2006, 09:53 AM

Search tags for this page

download vc wii
,
free vc on wii
,
free vc wii
,
free wii vc downloads
,
how to hack mario 64 on wii
,
vc wii download
,
vc wii downloads
,

wii vc download

,

wii vc downloads

,
wii vc hack
,
wii vc torrent
,
wii virtual console super mario 64 download code free
Click on a term to search for related topics.