LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    WiiMaster csiguy4u's Avatar
    Member #
    2738
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    1,174
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Revival
    Forget carts. Downloading the Roms/Emulators is enough. All the games that ever came out on the SNES/NES/N64/Megadrive all on one little laptop, and if you're like me, you've paired your Wiimote using Bluetooth and can use it to play them.

    Note: I don't have my Wii yet, it's back at my university halls
    It's technically not legal to download roms. For more information visit the site below:

    http://www.emulationzone.org/articles/faq/basics3.html

  2. #12
    WiiChat Member Revival's Avatar
    Member #
    4989
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    143
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by csiguy4u
    It's technically not legal to download roms. For more information visit the site below:

    http://www.emulationzone.org/articles/faq/basics3.html

    That's great and all but who said anything about it being Legal? I gaurantee you over 50% of this websites visitors download mp3's, use pirate software and enjoy wearing womens underwear. Yes, women don't give a shit about legality.

    I hope my point as been made unclear.

  3. #13
    WiiChat Member AndrewRocksSox's Avatar
    Member #
    10745
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    22
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7727-3445-4747-1170
    by downloading the rom on vc youre guarenteed that itll work, and that youll have save files, remember that those old cartidges used batterys, and not everyone likes to use computers for games meant for consoles [raises hand]


    also..i know a lot of ppl that have no idea what a rom is or how to use them haha
    Currently Playing:
    Guitar Hero 3
    Twilight Princess
    Resident Evil 4 [for the 20th time]
    Scarface

  4. #14
    WiiChat Member Revival's Avatar
    Member #
    4989
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    143
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRocksSox
    by downloading the rom on vc youre guarenteed that itll work, and that youll have save files, remember that those old cartidges used batterys, and not everyone likes to use computers for games meant for consoles [raises hand]


    also..i know a lot of ppl that have no idea what a rom is or how to use them haha
    In "roflol" terms, You have a file called "Super Mario.rom" This is your game file.

    Then you'd have "SNES.Exe" this is your Emulator. You would use SNES.EXE to open Super Mario.rom and that's it, you're playing Super Mario on your PC.

    Just like how you would open a .doc file in WORD(YO!) or if you're homeless, in Open Office.

  5. #15
    WiiChat Member AndrewRocksSox's Avatar
    Member #
    10745
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    22
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7727-3445-4747-1170
    haha i wasnt referring to me, ive useful almost every emulator lol

    im just saying, some people are pretty blank when it comes to computers

    unless its myspace,then you have the kids that think they know everything bc tgey copy and pastes html lol
    Currently Playing:
    Guitar Hero 3
    Twilight Princess
    Resident Evil 4 [for the 20th time]
    Scarface

  6. #16
    WiiChat Member Revival's Avatar
    Member #
    4989
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    143
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRocksSox
    haha i wasnt referring to me, ive useful almost every emulator lol

    im just saying, some people are pretty blank when it comes to computers

    unless its myspace,then you have the kids that think they know everything bc tgey copy and pastes html lol
    I'm sure you've useful almost every emulator lol!

    I've used a few but can't get my PS3 Emulator to work, people keep saying it's crap so it must be able to run on my laptop! (/hilarious joke everyone will find funny and put in their sigs because they enjoy hilarious humour everyone finds funny)

    I guess you're right though, the Wii is meant to bring in people who don't usually video game and stuff, possibly people who are personal computeraphobic, so they might know jack all about emulators and roms.

    But those people won't be here reading these forums! So we don't need to talk about them.

    Happy new year buddy

  7. #17
    WiiChat Member Neko1979's Avatar
    Member #
    10817
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    20
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    Revival's right, they are too expensive. Now I understand companies want to make some kind of profit for these games, and I don't mind paying a little, but 6 for a 14 year old SNES game is just not right.
    Well a game like Zelda on the SNES you won't pick up the cart for less than 15 pounds, same with Mario Kart. The RPG's sometimes go for sixty odd, especially mana and Terranigma.

  8. #18
    WiiChat Member Big_Mill's Avatar
    Member #
    1389
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A land far far away... Or Blackpool (UK)
    Posts
    248
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Ive not really found it much of an issue yet, as I know Im not going to buy loads of the things anyway. Ive already decided Ill pick up the original Mario Kart a few of the older Marios and Road Rash on the megadrive if it ever comes out and thats it.

    At the moment the VC lineup is pretty much total shit anyway. If im going to buy them its going to be games I know I will get a lot of play out of to make the spend worthwhile.

  9. #19
    WiiMaster csiguy4u's Avatar
    Member #
    2738
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    1,174
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Revival
    That's great and all but who said anything about it being Legal? I gaurantee you over 50% of this websites visitors download mp3's, use pirate software and enjoy wearing womens underwear. Yes, women don't give a shit about legality.

    I hope my point as been made unclear.
    Yes, you made your point very clear. . .you have no moral standards. Congradualations!!

  10. #20
    WiiChat Member Revival's Avatar
    Member #
    4989
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    143
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by csiguy4u
    Yes, you made your point very clear. . .you have no moral standards. Congradualations!!

    I've bought all the crap I want to buy on the VC on their actual consoles before, so yes congradualations to me! But if I want them all to be on one system rather than in 5030430 cartridges, it's going to be on the PC for free, and not on WiiVC with those ripoff prices

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. The One Character That Would've Made Brawl Perfect
    By GigaRidley in forum Smash Brothers
    Replies: 925
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 09:02 PM
  2. The Official Character Guide Thread
    By Splash_King in forum Smash Brothers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 08:58 PM
  3. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 03:26 PM
  4. What Wii have to look forward to in 2008
    By CantGetAWii in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 08:45 AM
  5. Two action movies im looking forward to.
    By XwiimasturX in forum The Entertainment Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 10:37 PM

Search tags for this page

vc until

Click on a term to search for related topics.