LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I've sent two emails to Nintendo telling them I won't be wasting my money on Virtual Console games until they can assure me they have a way to transfer my existing games to any new consoles I may purchase. I would like to encourage EVERYONE to spam Nintendo with similar emails until they address this serious concern...

Member #
    Friends
    *Even tell them that if you do actually plan to keep purchasing games. They don't have to know that!

Member #
    Friends
    errr arrrgh ,man this is bad news!

Member #
    Friends
    Well - I've now swapped over my defective unit, and I can confirm 100% there is currently NO way of recovering games you've paid for. As others have already indicated, games backed-up on SD card do not work etc. And since I had to delete my Wii Shop information off my old console before swapping it over (as you are told to do by Nintendo when you set up a shop account), there is absolutly no way for any of this to be recovered.

Oh - and a hint to anyone out there "backing up" info to SD cards - you cannot overwrite data already on the card - you have to delete the data first then re-copy it. Found that out the hard way!!! Lost 14 hours progress in Zelda cause it doesn't overwrite data!!!

Member #
    Friends
    4683-8466-6765-2704
    Ya this is the worst thing Nintendo could ever do. I have spent over $70 on VC titles and I have no way to transfer these games or get them back.

Member #
    Friends
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleron
    Oh - and a hint to anyone out there "backing up" info to SD cards - you cannot overwrite data already on the card - you have to delete the data first then re-copy it. Found that out the hard way!!! Lost 14 hours progress in Zelda cause it doesn't overwrite data!!!

or get 2 SD cards. data size = not large so go for a 256mb card (cheap)

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Or we could just keep the Wii when the next console comes out. Personally I'm hoping that Nintendo will figure a way out to transfer these games as time progresses. Surely someone there has heard about our complaints and I will call them too just to know that I did my part. Because I do agree that tis ridiculous for them to offer us these games and yet have no way for us to keep them on the next generation of consoles.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by captainff
    or get 2 SD cards. data size = not large so go for a 256mb card (cheap)
    Doesn't matter how many SD cards/size of your SD cards. If you back up data to an SD card, then want to back up the same data to that SD card again, you have to delete the first set of data before copying.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    Because I do agree that tis ridiculous for them to offer us these games and yet have no way for us to keep them on the next generation of consoles.
    Not so concerned about the next generation here! That's a fact of life - technology moves on.... DOS games don't work in XP, VHS tapes don't work in DVD Players - fact of life.

I'm only concerend with them still working on the SAME generation when your console blows up/get's stolen/lost in fire/dog eats it/brother sells it on ebay etc!

Member #
    Friends
    3809-3430-0782-5455
    Wow rumors spread like wild fire. This is what I've learned talking to a patient nintendo. They DO have track of registered games through each individuals Nintendo profile, you know, on Nintendo.com. Ok, so you did register your Wii for that extended contract through Nintendo, right? Remember that log in and password? Yeah, it works on the Wii. Through the Wii's shop channel, you can "Link" your My Nintendo profile unto your Wii. EVERY downloaded titled is then automatically registered to your profile, under you, the registered owner of thus said game.
    -AND I QUOTE-
    Nintedo Representative Jordan: "As long as you sent your Wii into Nintendo for repairs, defects, etc., If for any reason you would need aid regaining the downloads, with a phone call we can help our customers in gaining access to registered Nintendo Wii Virtual Console downloads"
    -END QUOTE-

*shrugs* Dunno, seemed right to me.
    "Sometimes, I do what I want to do. But most of the time, I do what I have to."

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    Virtual Console: Donkey Kong Country, Star Fox 64, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario World
    Virtual Console gone wrong: Sword of Vermillion

Ads