LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    How wouldn't Activision have anything to do with that Bond game... they own the rights to the bond game license. They'd have to approve the usage of the license.

About the comment i made about DKC is because you said DKC was on the VC ,and it was made by rare. It being on the VC has nothing to do with Rare it would of been on the VC if even Namco made it because its a Nintendo franchise. Nintendo doesn't own that bond game yeah it was on the a Nintendo system ,but thats because at the time circa 97' Nintendo ,and second party developer had a lisencing agreement. As with many contracts they expire after awhile which is what happened to that agreement then EA took over the lisence thats why you seen another bond game on 64 ,but it wasn't done by rare.

BTW thanks Cannon
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Member #
    Friends
    ACtivision own bond rights for NEW releses! Goldeneye is an old one witch Nintendo owns the rights! If Nintendo want they can keep selling goldeneyes for Nintendo64...

And the VC Games arenīt new releses.. are the same old games. Nintendo is just selling the right to play the same old games for the same old consoles on the wii. They arenīt relesing goldeneye for wii or for virtual console, they are allowing you to play goldeneye for Nintendo64 on the wii. Thatīs something completly diferent.

Activision could say something if Nintendo start selling goldeneye for the wii, but VC games arenīt VC games.. they are games for their old systems playing on the wii throw VC. Any game for NES, SNES or N64, made by any company can be played on any console if Nintendo allows! Nintendo owns the playabily rights of the games.

Thatīs why you arenīt buying the games, but the right to play the games on the wii (this aplys for any game on VC). Nintendo owns that right and they are selling it to you.. not the game, the right to play it on the wii.

And thatīs why if you buyed SNES games or N64 games you have to pay for it again (if you want to play them on the wii), cause when you buyed the game, you buyed it and the right to play it on that perticular system (wii not included).

If you have any doubts read the VC license contract or the manual of your old games.. Thatīs all in there!

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    im done trying to talk sense into this idiot he obviously doesn't get it. If it was as simple as nintendo being able to do what they like reggie wouldn't had said they were looking into aquiring the rights.

it has nothing to do with whether the game is old ,or new. The lisence agreement has to be made with whoever the current lisence holder is.
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

WiiChat Member Deathmetalmaster's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    maximo for the win.
    Death to false metal!

Hail Nintendo!

wii code: 6051-7035-5717-2964

User Name: Shinden

Remove Ads

Ads