LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

About Goldeneye. Maybe itīs really coming to VC

I was googling about the virtual console, searching for info on new future releases when I dumped into something... http://wii.ign.com/articles/680/680846p1.html

Itīs an article from IGN; the Wii was still called revolution and was about the virtual console. They had played it and wrote about it.

Now guess what was the name of one of the games on the list for releses??? You guess it! GOLDENEYE!

Check the link and the games list..

Does this meant something? maybe it does.. why would they put it on the list it they werenīt going to release it? Interesting.. at least...
    Last edited by rest44; 01-14-2007 at 06:25 PM.

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    look ea owns bond copyright thus goldeneye is on vc there ya go stop posting about it

Please PM me before adding me!

Member #
    Friends
    ea dont own bond, activision does....

Member #
    Friends
    First off that article is from January 2006 (not 2007) and so is not completly accurate. Notice they use "Revolution" and not Wii and the screen shots don't even look like the Wii's VC.

Since that artically was published EA had to had over Bond rights to Activision in May 2006 (I believe that date is accurate).

Member #
    Friends
    I know thatīs a 2006 article.. the thing is Nintendo gave that list as the list of some games that were going to be released and goldeneye was on it.. so that must be something! They wouldnīt put the name on the list just because.. they must have some rights about it. Even if thatīs an early list.. that an oficial list! And if Nintendo said thereīs gonna be goldeneye on VC I belive them.

Maybe Nintendo owns the game. just because rare is on microsoft.. that doesnīt say a thing, cause donkey kong country is also from rare and itīs on VC; and the bond rights mean nothing here because if Nintendo owns the game they can release it cause theyīre not selling the game!! Theyīre selling your right to play the old Nintendo 64 game on the Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    dkc being on vc has nothing to do with rare. i wish noobs would understand this Donkey Kong is a NINTENDO FRANCHISE at the time when the DKC were being developed RARE was a SECOND PARTY DEVELOPER. Rare didn't own the rights to dkc they just developed it. Its the same as Hudson making the Mario Party games, Namco making the latest Star Fox game, Capcom making Zelda Minish Cap....does this suddenly make them own rights to those characters? NO NINTENDO JUST OUT SOURCED FOR A DEVELOPER TO MAKE THE GAME.

In the sense of goldeneye i think the most rights problems you are gonna have is between Nintendo ,and Activision as well as even maybe the company who owns the actual franchise. Because RARE was just the company who developed the game. I'm sure microsoft would have to go through the same channels to get Goldeneye on Live Arcade if it was going to.
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Member #
    Friends
    1847-1773-0010-2972
    I kinda like they way that was set up. But if those games will be released, party on. illusion of gia
    List:
    4 remotes, 4 nunchuck, 2 classic controller, Wii Sports, Wii Play, LoZ:TP, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, NFS:Carbon, GH:LOR, Metroid Prime Corruption, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, NFS:Pro Street.

# 1847-1773-0010-2972
    GH3 219158136206

StwrX03

Member #
    Friends
    0213-2291-6794-7610
    If Goldeneye is released for the VC, im hoping that the kind people at nintendo will incorporate online play into it. I loved the 007 version on the source engine.

Member #
    Friends
    lol.. who the **** are you to call me noob? look.. I said the problem with the fact rare made the game isnīt a problem because DKC was also made by rare. What I was saying is that rare probably donīt own the rights of the game (like it was said in some posts on other topics).

And EA or activision donīt have nothing to do with THIS bond game! itīs not a new release Nintendo are just selling the right of playing the old game (the old release of the game that they own!!!!!) on the wii. And that have nothing to do with activision! And they canīt chance a thing in the game cause that would make it a new release.

And donīt give me crap about laws cause probably you donīt know about it as much as I do.. so donīt call others noobs or criticise people taht you donīt know. Think before you talk!

Member #
    Friends
    2011-9992-2025-2233
    what maximo said is spot on.
    If You Add My Wii Code, Please PM me with your code so i can add you. THANKS

Ads