Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Virtual Console

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3388-6355-5969-8398
    That's cool! I guess we could then use our pcs as storage and use the SD as a form of transport for Roms and stuff.

Member #
    Friends
    Someone will surely write a simple little app that will allow you to easily transfer games to and from a memory card would be my guess. Unless Nintendo can somehow see the changing contents of your game card vs. the games you've purchased or something and puts the kibosh on it.

Member #
    Friends
    ^ this is all very cool and i hope it is true, but wont nintendo make there own SDs, like memory cards to make more money?

Member #
    Friends
    ^-- there will prolly be official nintendo cards, but if it is truly an SD card then any will work, much like you don't have to buy a sony brand memory stick for the psp

Member #
    Friends
    I was first thinking about using the SD memory cards to be able to store your downloaded games from the Virtual Console. But the more I thought about it, the less likely I think Nintendo will allow that.

I mean why would they? What would prevent you from taking that game or games on your memory card and downloading them to your friend's Wii's harddrive?

I hope they do allow it as it would be nice to have more space if needed for the Virtual Console games if your hard drive becomes full. We probably won't need the extra space, but I just don't like being limited. Especially since some of those N64 games can be 64 megs.

Member #
    Friends
    there will most likely be some sort of copy protection in place, maybe an id code for the console that downloaded the game and that is the only wii can modify the files location. this would mean you could use your wii to put the file on the sd card and take it to a friends to play it, but your friends console would say it couldn't move the file if you tried to copy it over, thus preventing the piracy

just speculation but it solves the problem and much better than the current rumor about the ps3 somehow limiting the discs to only work in one system (which would blow, and give lots of people one more reason not to buy the ps3)

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by phimuajedi69
    there will most likely be some sort of copy protection in place, maybe an id code for the console that downloaded the game and that is the only wii can modify the files location. this would mean you could use your wii to put the file on the sd card and take it to a friends to play it, but your friends console would say it couldn't move the file if you tried to copy it over, thus preventing the piracy

just speculation but it solves the problem and much better than the current rumor about the ps3 somehow limiting the discs to only work in one system (which would blow, and give lots of people one more reason not to buy the ps3)
    Yes, that would solve the problem and make the most sense.

As for the PS3 rumor. That has been circulating since last November and Sony discounted it.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has stated, through one of its' spokespersons, that "this is false speculation and that Playstation 3 software will not be copy protected to a single machine but will be playable on any PlayStation 3 console."

So that rumor was just that, a rumor.

I would get the link for it, but I can't access the site right now to copy and paste it because I am at work.
    Last edited by Hobbun; 05-24-2006 at 12:18 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    So that rumor was just that, a rumor.
    ok thats good to know

Ads