Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    Quote Originally Posted by anark
    geee... you don't think i know that the wavebird is guarenteed to work? this is what my post is about... i'm asking if others work.

"craftsmanship" has nothing to do with mass produced products. what makes it better?

and what's wrong with signing off with my name?

Allan!
    I have a third party controller for my GC. It's horrible. The grips on the side broke. Now it looks like the Duct tape monster from hell. And please dont sign your posts.... Please be a little more Private with your name.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    6278-1240-3243-3822
    Yup, good ol' CSIguy

Odd he never mentioned anything to me about signing my posts... And i've signed almost 200 of them.

I didn't want to deal with wireless controllers so I bought some $15 used controllers and spent $5 on eBay for some extension cords. I guess Im just Cheap

-Bobby
    Search... Then Post.
    If I am Grey in your addess book PLEASE Let me Know!
    R.I.P. Digii - http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...igii-coma.html

Member #
    Friends
    5636-7810-2729-9129
    well... that's the thing.... i dont' want to spend the $$ on wavebirds... but i can get new aftermarket wireless ones for about the same as wired ones.

wires = CSIguy (ie. bad)

lol

Allan! (whats the difference if i were to put a line over my name and make it in my sig? *sigh*...some people...)

Member #
    Friends
    well to try to bring some normality to this thread ill just answer your question as best as i can. When i had a GC i bought smoe of those cheap ass controllers, they break very quickly without any sort of physical damage by the user, aka you throwing it after you loose a close race on MK64, haha. what usually happens with those remotes is that A)the buttons get stuck and dont work anymore B)the joystick will get stuck and when you are not touching it your character will move to the left or right a little bit and throw you off while you are playing and C)although you might not throw your controllers around like i do, the nintendo ones are a HELL of a lot more durable. Plus i have heard, and this is not fact, that most other third party GC controllers dont work with the wii. If i was you i would spend a couple of extra bucks on the wavebird controllers. It will turn out to be cheaper for you in the end trust me.

ps if he wants to sign his name at the end who are you to tell him he cant? thats his perrogative if he wants to give his real name away to people that he doesnt know.

Member #
    Friends
    5636-7810-2729-9129
    thanks for a comprehensive reply. i'll consider the wavebirds a lil more now. however, i don't think i'll be using the GC controllers very much, as i don't currently own a GC or have any GC games. I was going to get them sort of as a "backup" and for cheap additions to the VC for players 3 and 4. ($40 for 2 aftermarket GC controllers instead of $140 for 2 wiimotes and classic controllers)

Allan!
    Last edited by anark; 02-02-2007 at 08:54 AM.

Member #
    Friends

I bought the Intec pair

I purchased the Intec pair from amazon for like $27 for both. That is less than 1 Wavebird. I used them on the Wii and they work great and they have rumble, which was a must have for me. They do feel a little cheaper, but then again they are.

To me they are better and cheaper than the Wavebird because they have the rumble feature.

The_Loose_Cannon
    csi guy you need to take some more ridalyn and get a grip.

learn to read (or repeat 1st grade for reading comphrension) before you just SCREAM at people with out probable cause. you have 1000+ posts and probably 99.9% of them are "argumentative"

chill out.

as for "allan" do as you want. you want to sign, sign. how do ANY of us know its not/or is your real name? besides a BUNCH of you post your name in your profile so what difference does it make?? i dont know about aftermarket controllers for the game cube im sorry i know pelican wireless worked really well for my PSP. id say just get em anyways. if you dont like them, you have 30 days to return them

<3 jilly

(signed just to piss CSI guy off)

Member #
    Friends
    I'd agree with those citing quality issues with cheaper controllers. The tactile feel of the controller has more to do with how the game feels than you know. If you've ever compared a $5 keyboard to a more expensive one, it's the same thing. Sure, they both work, but the more expensive ones will generally feel better. Same thing with computer mice.

If you use a third party controller exclusively, then you might not notice the difference, but if you ever switch between the nintendo made controller and a third party controller, the difference in feel, quality and game play will stick out badly. Personally I've never bought anything other than Nintendo brand controllers just because I find the feel of them to be better and less distracting when playing games.

That said, Nintendo has created some junk controllers, the SNES and N64 controllers were the flimsiest they ever made.

Member #
    Friends
    I've purchased 4 wavebirds, all from Walmart for about $27 a piece. Cheaper than even Nintendo.com. Might want to check it out if you happen to have a Walmart near by.

Member #
    Friends
    5636-7810-2729-9129
    Well... up here in canada i don't think the wavebirds are that cheap. I ended up getting a pair of I-con wireless controllers. Tried them out with mariokart64 on the VC and they work without a hitch.

Having never touched the wavebirds, i have no baseline for comparison so it doesn't bother me that they're "cheaper"

thanks for your input people.

I'm glad not everybody here is like csiguy lol. then again, our society would fall apart if that were the case.

Allan! (and yes. that's my name. lol)

Ads