LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I already own plenty of NES/SNES/Cube/GBX games, however I would buy them again as my consoles are stored in the loft. The Cube games I would re-purchase if they were controlled by the WiiMote.

Member #
    Friends
    theres no emulators ported for the wii so u cant play the roms..and no homebrew yet.. but theres emulators ported for the gamecube since the wii are able to read gamecube files .. if u have the right files and right equipment its a simple hack.. heres a how to site below .. its been out for over a month already.. so far all my emulation and homebrew has been on the original xbox.. i cant wait til what the wii can do..

http://wii-news.dcemu.co.uk/running-...ial-44842.html

www.myspace.com/burnforme SensoryAmusia's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0751-9583-5787-2633
    yeah you can dude,

you need the SD adaptor for the gamecube and a gamecube action replay.

go to www.codejunkies.com to get them

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by anekin007
    even if u on the original game its still illegal to have the roms heres some info direction from nintendo

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp
    The only reason why it is illegal to run ROMS and emulators is because there is no proof that you own the game, so how is nintendo supposed to know that you own the game or not? Now what i don't understand is, if I own the game for the console it's meant for, if I go somewhere, how can I legally play the game on a portable console? And even if they did sell the same game for a portable console, why pay for the same game twice?

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Wii New and Reviews JerrodDRagon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    Well what about games like Diddy kong and 007 since Nintendo wont put up the cash to get the rights to (games Nintendo should still own) so if you are playing TOMS your never see on the Wii Im fine with it but games like Mario Kart and Zelda buy the games.
    -No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by gamechaser001
    The only reason why it is illegal to run ROMS and emulators is because there is no proof that you own the game, so how is nintendo supposed to know that you own the game or not? Now what i don't understand is, if I own the game for the console it's meant for, if I go somewhere, how can I legally play the game on a portable console? And even if they did sell the same game for a portable console, why pay for the same game twice?
    if you didnt create the rom yourself then it is illegal because it goes against copyrights law.

Well what about games like Diddy kong and 007 since Nintendo wont put up the cash to get the rights to (games Nintendo should still own) so if you are playing TOMS your never see on the Wii Im fine with it but games like Mario Kart and Zelda buy the games.
    wii doesnt have any homebrews yet.. the only way to play emulators is with gamecube ported emulators and there arent any N64 ported on the gamecube.. i doubt goldeneye007 will be release.. even on a pc there are some glitches so i doubt nintendo could make a good emulator to run it.. they cant even get mario kart to run perfect.

Member #
    Friends
    0857-5075-4834-8155
    let me see if i got right.

will i be able to play backup gamecube disks on the original wii (without modchips) ?
    The legend of Zelda: TP
    Sonic
    Red Steel
    Elebits
    NFS Carbon
    Wii Play
    Wii Sports

Tim
    Member #
    Friends
    3318-2319-1892-3592
    You can, using the Gamecube method as detailed above
    Wii Fund: 200 (ALMOST THERE!)
    Target: 214 (Wii and Zelda: TP)

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by anekin007
    wii doesnt have any homebrews yet.. the only way to play emulators is with gamecube ported emulators and there arent any N64 ported on the gamecube.. i doubt goldeneye007 will be release.. even on a pc there are some glitches so i doubt nintendo could make a good emulator to run it.. they cant even get mario kart to run perfect.
    Hey, I didn't say that, JarrodDRagon did, so I don't know why you quoted it saying I said it

As for running ROMS on the Wii, possible or not, legal or not, whatever or not, the quality of the ROM won't be the quality of what you get from shop Wii shop channel, I say this out of experience, I ran into ROM trouble myself, just pay for the game, and for the games that come from RARE, i'm pretty sure that someting will go through, or they will make some kind of software portal to those game or something, it's not like nintendo to leave us out in the cold like that, metaphorically speaking of course, nintendo wouldn't have us freeze our a**es off, lol
    Last edited by gamechaser001; 02-08-2007 at 06:24 PM.

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo has always done everything in their power to give the costomers what they want and have NEVER been greedy about it. Roms suck and can occasionally crash systems, including affect other files on the sd card. I would definitely suggest NOT trying this method, it really sucks if the file is damaged or damages other software on your Wii. I would just buy the game, guarenteed to work, great prices, and above all else it doesn't leave you at risk of damaging your system. Believe me I've done enough of it to know what CAN happen....

-Marcus

Ads