LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Wow suck it up folks...or we could sue Nintendo for not maximizing the gaming experience for SMW.

Member #
    Friends
    1137-5638-7724-4772
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
    So if I want 4 players on any type of game, I need to buy...

3 additional remotes @ $40 ($120)
    4 nunchucks @ $20 ($80)
    4 classic controllers @ $20 ($80)
    4 wired GC controllers @ $20 or wavebirds @ $30 ($80 to $120)

...for a total of $360 to $400 on controllers.

Gotta hand it to big N for mastering the art of Nickle and Diming.

So, in a comparative context, I could get 3 additional PS3 or 360 wireless controllers @ $50 ($150). Add the controller and console costs up and you get a total of $650 for the Wii vs. $750 for PS3 and $550 for the 360. So much for the price point argument.
    Thats a little overboard.

Obviously, to play 4 player Wii games, you're going to need ATLEAST 4 Wiimotes, and 9 times out of 10, 4 chuks, to play 4 player GC games, you're going to need 4 GC controllers. (bundles can be bought online for very cheap, but for those who dont have the means of buying online, $80-$120 is fair), but for the classic controller, the most you'll need is two. They're out there, I can't think of a single one off the top of my head, but what are the odds you're going to want to play a game on NES, SNES, Sega, or Turbografx that supports more than 2 players?

I will admit for Turbografx games, I know next to nothing about, so perhaps they do support more than 2 players, but as for the rest, most are going to be 1-2 players.
    You can call me Aaron Burr from the way I'm droppin Hamiltons.

GH3: 1676-1888-7277

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Quote Originally Posted by ics
    I agree this is unacceptable. So now if I want to play all types of games with 4 friends I could possibly need.

4 wii controllers
    4 nunchucks
    4 GC controllers
    4 VC controllers
    if you want the luxuries, you gotta pay.

Classic controller was designed so the buttons mapped well with most old games, the gc controller was made for.. gc games. Common sense, get use to it and buy 1.

They didnt have to include gc controllers in the vc at all so be grateful, they could of REQUIRED classic controllers for all games -.-
    Last edited by PtonJalken; 02-07-2007 at 08:39 PM.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    a) spin jump
    b) normal jump
    y) Fireball/cape/sprint
    x) pick up (maybe y and x are vice-versa. i cant remember)
    z) Bring item down from bubble
    L/R) shift camera

I'd rather b and a switch. Also it took me forever to find out that z was select. It doesnt say the controls for gc in the instruction menu.

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Quote Originally Posted by elmo_999
    a) spin jump
    b) normal jump
    y) Fireball/cape/sprint
    x) pick up (maybe y and x are vice-versa. i cant remember)
    z) Bring item down from bubble
    L/R) shift camera

I'd rather b and a switch. Also it took me forever to find out that z was select. It doesnt say the controls for gc in the instruction menu.
    id rather the jumps switched for easier access to Y, other then that big deal?

ps: thx for posting controls
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by PtonJalken
    : thx for posting controls
    Helping peoples what i do lol

Am I Losing Friends? +Maniacal=Maniac+'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4516-7863-9846-6018
    Uh... Try A Wiimote... Works Fine For Me!

EDIT: Srry This Is For SMW Isn't It?

Meh

Member #
    Friends
    If somebody who never owned a GameCube were to need a controller to play SNES or N64 VC titles, they can choose between the $35 Wavebird, $25 wired GCN controller, or the $20 Classic Controller. It's really only a rip-off if you already owned a GameCube and just don't want the CC. Personally, I've played N64 and SNES games with both controllers and I prefer playing SNES with the CC and N64 with the GC controllers. I haven't played Mario Kart 64 on the CC, though, just Super Mario 64. But I love the CC even though it doesn't feel as great for N64. It's so close to the SNES controller (and PlayStation) and it'll be used anyway in Wii games so it's nice to have. If I'm playing SNES on the CC, I forget it's even virtual console.
    Anyway, I don't really think it's a rip-off at all. It's kinda like the Mario Kart 64 ghost-save warning... they put plenty of warnings all over the place and it's just the way it is. I'm just happy to be able to be playing these games still. I've happily shelled out $26 over the last 3 weeks for the classics they've been putting up.
    My only complaint/wish is just that it'd be nice if they just released some kind of multi-port where you can plug in NES, SNES, or N64 controllers. Maybe some kind of adapter that plugs into the GC controller ports.

Member #
    Friends
    Wow, didn't read everything but came to the conclusion that some of you really don't understand the true gift that Nintendo has given. They've made a $250 next gen system, that's right, it's virtual and they're the only ones to go the extra mile out of all the companies, AND it's STILL the cheapest consol to come out. I'd like to see sony or microsoft make virtual games successfully, they can't even get their systems down with all the recalls and all. I mean come on, sony is on what? Like the 13th shipment of ps2's or something crazy? I got the flat black one and it SUCKS!!! WONT EVEN READ DVD'S ANYMORE!!!. By the way, good luck actually FINDING a super mario world SNES game these days. Game stop will charge you up the yin yang, not to mention the gas to get there and back depending on your location, and some of you are whining about CONTROLLERS???? If you had a game cube you probably already have 4 of them right there. You don't like that then buy a classic controller, not that much mine were only $20 a piece. Makes a total of $28 dollars AND you can use it with your other games. In my opinion if you're unhappy sell it to one of your friends, I'm sure some one out there is DYING to get their hands on one anyways, then you can pay the outrageous amount for other next gen consols and there's NO GUARENTEE it will work. My twin and I played our gamecube into the ground for 2 years then finally had a problem with the door and guess what? Sent it in and they sent us it back Fixed for FREE!!! Tried to do that with other systems, they said we still had to pay the shipping and Handling fees for THEM to fix a system THEY couldn't make right the first time. I wish all of you luck in the future in your gaming experiences because I'm Happy as can be with nintendo. Oh, one last thing, NINTENDO RULEZ!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads