LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Kid Icarus is a classic as is Kirby's adventure. The Nintendo was an 8bit machine and had it's share of awful games. But it also had some of the best games ever. It again shows game play over graphics as does the Wii today. While Ice Climber doesn't excite me at all, Kirby's Adventure and Kid Icarus do. It's been years since I've played either. Right now I have too many games to finish to worry about getting more VC games, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime 2, Zelda's second quest, Twilight Princess and Mario Kart Double Dash.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    Yeah we grew up with it but its not that serious and it doesn't deserve to be treated like its God or something. I can frown on it if I want to.
    I'm guessing you grew up with 64, not NES.

And once again, of course you can have your own opinion. It just so happens that your opinion is wrong.
    "Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked" guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... well, I forget that too. Marge, you know who I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?"

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mym6
    Kid Icarus is a classic as is Kirby's adventure. The Nintendo was an 8bit machine and had it's share of awful games. But it also had some of the best games ever. It again shows game play over graphics as does the Wii today. While Ice Climber doesn't excite me at all, Kirby's Adventure and Kid Icarus do. It's been years since I've played either. Right now I have too many games to finish to worry about getting more VC games, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime 2, Zelda's second quest, Twilight Princess and Mario Kart Double Dash.
    Back then, you are forgetting the graphics were top notch, so it wasnt anything over anything. Both were best.Thats why people invented "****ing up some ones grandma in the mall to get SMB2". Ive never heard of women fighting in Kmart to get their kids a Coleco Vision or Intellivision. Playstation 2 didnt invent that.
    Last edited by Conan the Librarian; 02-12-2007 at 07:42 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    The thing about video games (and most things for that matter) is that one person's all-time favorite game might be another person's most hated game...

Personally, I couldn't wait for them to release Kid Icarus...love that game. I also played the heck out of Ice Climber way back when. Kirby? Couldn't care less...

Eventually, most of the games you want should come out. I'm trying to be patient for Super Metroid...sure, I could piss and moan about how it's not out yet, but I don't see that helping...

Member #
    Friends
    Goons.

What?

Hired goons.

Hired goons?
    "Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked" guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... well, I forget that too. Marge, you know who I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?"

Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Librarian
    dont mean to be the first dick to correct you, but it was 8 bit. Even better.

Here are some bad-ass NES games we COULD have had:
    Metal Gear. Rescue the Embassy. Master Blaster. Tecmo Bowl (& super TB).
    Double Dragon I &II. Star Tropics. Dragon Warrior 1-80 FFantasy 1-50. Mega man 1-50. Metroid (duh). Wizards and Warriors. Gauntlet 1 & 2. Rygar. Bases Loaded. Blades of Steel. Double Dribble. Al Unser JR. Turbo Racing. wow Im so cool, I have to stop eventually. (shit, castlevania, paperboy, kungfoo shit!)

Bases loaded is horrible (was great at it's time.) Another great game is Double Dragon and those Toads when they team up, it was quite a frustrating game, but still fun.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by hiredgoonz
    The thing about video games (and most things for that matter) is that one person's all-time favorite game might be another person's most hated game...

Personally, I couldn't wait for them to release Kid Icarus...love that game. I also played the heck out of Ice Climber way back when. Kirby? Couldn't care less...
    Especially when you're a little kid. I could see Icarus being your favorite game, just like Section-Z was one of mine when I was like 9, a game by most's standards, a piece of shit. All of my friends had their POS favs that I just didnt like. Its whatever games you happen to own obviously. Saving $40 for games was hard when you are a pre-teen.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowTRobot
    Goons.

What?

Hired goons.

Hired goons?
    You got the reference? First time that's happened...
    Last edited by hiredgoonz; 02-12-2007 at 08:05 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowTRobot
    Never put Ugh and NES games in the same sentence.

Three classics!

i agree. when i get home from college today im downloading all 3, havent played kid icarus, love kirby and ice climber is adictive.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan the Librarian
    dont mean to be the first dick to correct you, but it was 8 bit. Even better.

Here are some bad-ass NES games we COULD have had:
    Metal Gear. Rescue the Embassy. Master Blaster. Tecmo Bowl (& super TB).
    Double Dragon I &II. Star Tropics. Dragon Warrior 1-80 FFantasy 1-50. Mega man 1-50. Metroid (duh). Wizards and Warriors. Gauntlet 1 & 2. Rygar. Bases Loaded. Blades of Steel. Double Dribble. Al Unser JR. Turbo Racing. wow Im so cool, I have to stop eventually. (shit, castlevania, paperboy, kungfoo shit!)
    Dude! You forgot about Bionic Commando!
    Number of times I've been on the 48-hour banned list: 1

Ads