+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8438-2317-9723-9775

Why?

I dont understand why anyone would use the virtual console, because you can download roms off the internet for free. And you dont have to pay for a silly wired controller that you plug into the wiimote.

Im not trying to slag off the wii, cos i love them, but i just thought i would point it out.

Thoughts anybody?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyinaspasm
    I dont understand why anyone would use the virtual console, because you can download roms off the internet for free. And you dont have to pay for a silly wired controller that you plug into the wiimote.

Im not trying to slag off the wii, cos i love them, but i just thought i would point it out.

Thoughts anybody?
    Maybe people (like me for example) don't like playing games on a PC. Ever think of that?
    Number of times I've been on the 48-hour banned list: 1

Member #
    Friends
    4002-8012-1977-8042
    I also thought of this also... but I still feel compelled to download some of my favorite games. I haven't yet because I don't want to spend the extra money when I just spent $300+ on a Wii and extra wiimote... but I'm sure I wll eventually!

Member #
    Friends
    No kidding, most people's couches are more comfortable than their computer chairs...

Plus, convenience is worth something too...I have an NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, PS2, and Dreamcast...it's not practical to keep these all hooked up at the same time and being able to select a channel rather than swap cartridges is nice...

While personally I have no moral objection to someone playing a ROM of a game they own (although it is still illegal) or even of a game that is no longer reasonably available, I prefer to keep myself as honest as possible.

I don't have to pay for Super Mario World if I don't want to, but I will for the added convenience and lesser load on my conscience...

Member #
    Friends
    Well lets see. 1) Legal reasons 2) knowledge reasons (most people don't know about or how to use emulators, how to find roms etc) 3) Convenience

Member #
    Friends
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    Hey if you dont wanna pay for Wii points or a classic controller do what what alot of us do on this site. Go to ************. They give that stuff away for free. Also some of us don't have powerful enough computers to play N64 roms.[My computer is a Win98SE with no internet connection..... We have a family computer but were not allowed to download stuff on it.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    Hey if you dont wanna pay for Wii points or a classic controller do what what alot of us do on this site. Go to ************. They give that stuff away for free. Also some of us don't have powerful enough computers to play N64 roms.[My computer is a Win98SE with no internet connection..... We have a family computer but were not allowed to download stuff on it.
    There is still no perfect N64 emulator either...UltraHLE came close on a handful of games (I got all 120 stars in Mario 64 on it) but even that required a Voodoo graphics card and only worked well on about half a dozen games...

That said, UltraHLE will give you full speed emulation on a Pentium 2 450 or better provided you have at least a Voodoo 2 card...

Member #
    Friends
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    i agree with all of you on this

Member #
    Friends
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    I might try that.

Del fuego he resurgido... Axtlar's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7688-9638-8193-7668
    Quote Originally Posted by hiredgoonz
    There is still no perfect N64 emulator either...UltraHLE came close on a handful of games (I got all 120 stars in Mario 64 on it) but even that required a Voodoo graphics card and only worked well on about half a dozen games...

That said, UltraHLE will give you full speed emulation on a Pentium 2 450 or better provided you have at least a Voodoo 2 card...
    I once downloaded Project64 in school and worked really well, I didn't see any problems in that emulator and I played games I didn't get to play in the past like Jet Force Gemini

Ads