LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    For those of you who cant find Donkey Kong Country........ for me it was not listed in the New Additions section, but under the system list for Super Nintendo.

I'm in Canada, dont know if this is just here, or if they fixed it. I know another who didn't see it either.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mym6
    I'd have to respectfully disagree with you there. That kind of attitude is why we (the US) never saw the real Super Mario 2, better known to us over here as Mario, the Lost Levels.

I like the the old games that were difficult but not because of play control issues. DKC is one of those games that plays well. I thought the mine levels were difficult at first but, eventually got through it.
    It really comes down to personal preference, some people like games that whip you into shape by forcing you to memorize everything. I happen to like games that are difficult, but not frustratingly difficult so that I can get on with my life.

Besides we still got lost levels on the SNES. It's my least favorite of the first 3 though because of the difficulty and it being too much like the first Super Mario Bros., so I can't exactly agree with you on wanting it.

Also I found everything else in DKC not too hard up until the mines. This game shifts to a much harder difficulty too soon with the mine level and doesn't match up with the rest of the game's gradual difficulty increase. A good game flows better so you gain skill rather than frusteration.

Member #
    Friends
    6390-2874-0535-4544
    Finally DKC!
    I've been waiting forever.
    Although I have it on SNES it's just convienent on VC.

Well do you?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by En4Neo
    It really comes down to personal preference, some people like games that whip you into shape by forcing you to memorize everything. I happen to like games that are difficult, but not frustratingly difficult so that I can get on with my life.

Besides we still got lost levels on the SNES. It's my least favorite of the first 3 though because of the difficulty and it being too much like the first Super Mario Bros., so I can't exactly agree with you on wanting it.

Also I found everything else in DKC not too hard up until the mines. This game shifts to a much harder difficulty too soon with the mine level and doesn't match up with the rest of the game's gradual difficulty increase. A good game flows better so you gain skill rather than frusteration.
    Well said...there's a lot more psychology to games than people might think. Difficulty is good and can make for a memorable game, but it has to make sense, follow a logical progression, and provide some measurable sense of progress or it goes from difficult to frustrating...

Anyone could make a game that was nearly impossible to beat, but if it's not enjoyable to play, what's the point?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardC01
    Streets of Rage!! Man, I hope it's out in the UK on Friday. That series is easily one of my most favourite ever.
    Probably NOT since this update that Nintendo will be doing is ONLY for North American !

European VC games comes out every Friday so fingers crossed that perhaps these titles are included but i doubt it.
    Bjorn
    PlayDevil.com
    www.playdevil.com

EUROPEAN Games website - "your daily visit before breakfast" :-)

"URGENTLY LOOKING FOR TALENTED GAME REVIEWERS !! Wii, DS, Xbox360, PSP, ... - PM ME!!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads