LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1137-5638-7724-4772
    You're not alone meanmug. I purchased SMB 1 and Legend of Zelda a week after I bought my Wii.

2 days ago I was looking for a replacement phone charger and saw a classic controller on the shelf. Decided to buy it and out of curiosity bought 2000 Wii points card (never again, they charged me tax on the card when I can just buy points through the Wii for even value (no sales tax)). Got home, blew away that points card in about 5 minutes, decided to use my check card to buy 5000 more Wii points and now I'm down to 400 points left. I almost bought another 3000 points yesterday but decided I should pace myself. It's just so addictive playing these games from my childhood though. Since I've started downloading VC games, I think I MAY have played Twilight Princess once for a total of 5 minutes, max.
    You can call me Aaron Burr from the way I'm droppin Hamiltons.

GH3: 1676-1888-7277

Member #
    Friends
    0591-5312-6307-4257
    Quote Originally Posted by fistpittingnork
    You're not alone meanmug. I purchased SMB 1 and Legend of Zelda a week after I bought my Wii.

2 days ago I was looking for a replacement phone charger and saw a classic controller on the shelf. Decided to buy it and out of curiosity bought 2000 Wii points card (never again, they charged me tax on the card when I can just buy points through the Wii for even value (no sales tax)). Got home, blew away that points card in about 5 minutes, decided to use my check card to buy 5000 more Wii points and now I'm down to 400 points left. I almost bought another 3000 points yesterday but decided I should pace myself. It's just so addictive playing these games from my childhood though. Since I've started downloading VC games, I think I MAY have played Twilight Princess once for a total of 5 minutes, max.
    I think nintendo did this on purpose to steal all of our money and the bad part is its working................

Member #
    Friends
    0591-5312-6307-4257
    Also can i need some people to add me as a friend on the wii my wii console number and name is to the right please send me a pm if u want to add me

Member #
    Friends
    Man, Im with meanmug, I love the vc it's amazing. I know it gets expensive, but I have a rule I can;t buy a new one until I beat the one I orginally bought. LoZ is taking forever, the first quest is easy now but I have yet to beat the second quest. This is all worth it to me because I have since lost touch with my snes and nes from my early days, I no longer own any of these games.

Also, What's this "free classic controller" I've been seeing on the message board. I searched to find the source but the only clue I have come up with is the Japanese get a free controller for buying 5000 point, but I hardly call that free and it's useless for me. Please tell me I'm wrong and there is some magical way to get hooked up. Thanks

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by meanmug713
    Is it just me or am im the only one that is addicted to them. Because I have like 21 games so far and growing but the main reason i got so many cause i never owned a nintendo system ever since the nintendo days and never had a N64 and SNES. Here is what I have so far............

1. Super Mario Bros.
    2. Super Mario World
    3. Super Mario 64
    4. Mario Kart 64
    5. The Legend of Zelda
    6. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    7. Conta 3
    8. Comic Zone
    9. Super Castlevania IV
    10. R-Type
    11. R-Type III
    12. Super Star Soldier
    13. Soldier Blade
    14. Street Fighter II
    15. Ristar
    16. Bonk's Adventure
    17. Gunstar Heroes
    18. Toejam and Earl
    19. Kid Icarus
    20. Donkey Kong Country
    21. Streets of rage

How many blocks do you have left?

Mario Strikers Charged FC: 017281 652912
    Pokemon Diamond FC: 4596 6548 3757
    Name: Sam

Please send me a PM if you add

Member #
    Friends
    7758-1065-4612-2696
    Quote Originally Posted by meanmug713
    Is it just me or am im the only one that is addicted to them. Because I have like 21 games so far and growing but the main reason i got so many cause i never owned a nintendo system ever since the nintendo days and never had a N64 and SNES. Here is what I have so far............

1. Super Mario Bros.
    2. Super Mario World
    3. Super Mario 64
    4. Mario Kart 64
    5. The Legend of Zelda
    6. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    7. Conta 3
    8. Comic Zone
    9. Super Castlevania IV
    10. R-Type
    11. R-Type III
    12. Super Star Soldier
    13. Soldier Blade
    14. Street Fighter II
    15. Ristar
    16. Bonk's Adventure
    17. Gunstar Heroes
    18. Toejam and Earl
    19. Kid Icarus
    20. Donkey Kong Country
    21. Streets of rage
    Good on you, mate. If you can afford it and are enjoying them, then fair play to you. I wouldn't have downloaded so many so soon, but that isn't to say you've done wrong by doing so. It's good to see someone so enthusiastic about the VC, which reflects well on the Wii and Nintendo for providing such a service. The VC had a significant role in making me buy a Wii - while I would have eventually got a Wii anyway, hearing that I'd be able to download classics I was never able to experience, or playing my favourite retro games all over again, really sealed the deal for me.

Although you couldn't have possibly had decent play time with all 21 of those (surely?!), what would be your top 5 games so far?

And what do you think of Mario Kart 64, Super Mario World, Ristar, Bonk's Adventure and Donkey Kong? They are the five VC games I have so far, and I rate them all at 8/10 or more. I expected to enjoy Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario World and I'd already played DKC as a kid, but I bought Bonk's Adventure and Ristar (my first two downloads) because I'd never heard of them, they looked good and they were getting decent reviews, and I was pleased to find they were enjoyable games. My favourite is Donkey Kong Country though; wonderful game, one of my favourites of all time.

Member #
    Friends
    0591-5312-6307-4257
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun
    How many blocks do you have left?
    942 Blocks but i got a 1 GB sd card i havent used yet i bought the other day when i use up all my blocks

Member #
    Friends
    0591-5312-6307-4257
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotspur Warrior
    Good on you, mate. If you can afford it and are enjoying them, then fair play to you. I wouldn't have downloaded so many so soon, but that isn't to say you've done wrong by doing so. It's good to see someone so enthusiastic about the VC, which reflects well on the Wii and Nintendo for providing such a service. The VC had a significant role in making me buy a Wii - while I would have eventually got a Wii anyway, hearing that I'd be able to download classics I was never able to experience, or playing my favourite retro games all over again, really sealed the deal for me.

Although you couldn't have possibly had decent play time with all 21 of those (surely?!), what would be your top 5 games so far?

And what do you think of Mario Kart 64, Super Mario World, Ristar, Bonk's Adventure and Donkey Kong? They are the five VC games I have so far, and I rate them all at 8/10 or more. I expected to enjoy Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario World and I'd already played DKC as a kid, but I bought Bonk's Adventure and Ristar (my first two downloads) because I'd never heard of them, they looked good and they were getting decent reviews, and I was pleased to find they were enjoyable games. My favourite is Donkey Kong Country though; wonderful game, one of my favourites of all time.
    Top 5 games that i own from best to good
    1. Legend of Zelda LTTP
    2. Super Mario World
    3. Donkey Kong Country
    4. Gunstar Heroes
    5. Bonk's Adventure

My rating for games hotspur mentioned (on a scale of 1-10)
    1. Mario Kart 64 -8
    2. Super Mario World - 10
    3. Ristar - 7
    4. Bonk's Adventure- 8
    5. Donkey Kong Country - 9

Ads