LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I was revisiting OOT on emulator recently & it seemed like I had put in at least 20+ hrs into it & still hadn't even gotten Epona yet. How long is that game? Now, after nearly completing TP, it seems like OOT was much longer. Thoughts?

Member #
    Friends
    5783-4132-2401-7433
    These games are too hard to choose between..

But I would have to say TP but only just..

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Both are great games. I recommend getting both. Zelda TP is the reason you got the Wii. Zelda OOT is one of the reasons you got the VC, unless you already own it on the N64, and your not tempted to get the Wii version.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm just asking which do you think is longer.

I'm debating whether to get the GC version or download it on VC.

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    So am I... ! On the one hand its much cheaper to get the VC version. But it doesn't have rumble and the graphics might be as good as the GC version. Plus the GC Version you could always play on the next gen console if Nintendo does not figure out a way to transfer VC games.

And oh yeah...Twilight Princess is THE BEST Legend of Zelda game ever!

Member #
    Friends
    OOT is a great game, it kind of goes to the root of the zelda series! wonderful done game. one of the best N64 games ever released! TP is awesome! I never played it on the gamecube, I got the wii on the first day it came out! Same with zelda TP first game I got on wii! it reminded me of labrenth- with david bowii
    ha ha!!!!! the gamme play is great for the wii! it would have sucked to play on the gamecube! if you still think OOT is better well it's a great game, TP is awesome one of the best game of the year!!!!!!!! I just want a next gen game for the wii not a port! is thhat just to much to ask!

Member #
    Friends
    I still prefer A Link to the Past.

Member #
    Friends
    How can Ocarina be better than Twilight? Twilight is what Ocarina wanted to be years ago, but couldn't due to technical limitations. Twilight is like Ocarina on steroids. All the same areas but MUCH bigger. Instead of one little Hyrule Field, we now have like 4 huge ones. Instead of some crappy circle of water inside a cave for a fishing area, we now have a huge one, with more land features, that changes seasons with each visit. We used to be limited to ranged weapons on horseback, now we can have awesome swordfights with other riders on horseback. Don't let nostalgia blind you, people. Ocarina is like some weenie rough draft of Twilight. Twilight is obviously the best.

Member #
    Friends
    TP is far better than OoT, but that' sonly my opinion ....... having said that, Link's Awakening on the Game Boy is the best of them all.

Member #
    Friends
    1187-3626-4723-2359
    i loved Oot when it came out for N64, and i bought it again when they remastered it for Gc, but.... TP(wii) manages to surpass it's predecesores in nearly all things.

there are only a few things i did not like about TP(wii):

chickens.... i mean, ok... its cool to control them, but, i'f i had a choice
    between controling a chicken for a few seconds, and having a mob of chickens fly out to kill me, well, i'd pick the ladder. killer chickens just make for a
    better conversational peice.

fishing.... don't get me wrong, the fishing in TP9wii) is SWEET!!! its just that, the fish are all relativly the same size as as the rest of their species. i caught a 25" Pike, and it does not look much longer then the 20" pike i caught minutes before. even the Hylian Loach is un impressive. In Oot, you caught a 15" fish, meh, 20" WHOA, big size defrence. i also do not like looking at my caught fish and having Hena talk to me every time distructing my view.

music.... TP(wii) just did'nt deliver like Oot did in this department. Oot had some strong and rememberable music; used to go to school with the forest temple them stuck in my head. I barely even noticed the music in most of TP(wii), props to Agitha's Castle though, very nice.

wish there was a two handed sword like in Oot and Majora's Mask. twood be sweet. but now i'm just getting picky

other then that, TP(wii) is a master piece of story and gameplay; never cared about graphics when it game to games, but TP delivers there too.

those are my thoughts, not worth 3 i suppose.
    let me know if u share my thoughts

Add me if you like to your wiil, yahoo message, or email me if you do so i can add you too.

Find out more about me in my profile.

Ads