LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game Genie?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Game Genie?

Not that its that big of a deal, but do you think it would be possible for them to make a Game Genie available again for download. Pretty much the exact same thing, enter a code, then start the game? I would buy it . Game genie was fun sometimes, or when a game was impossible like Deadly Towers.

Member #
    Friends
    they could but i doubt they would do it

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Yes I agree. Some NES games NEED Game Genie. You may have this function with Codemasters next cheat device launch for the Wii. I doubt Gameshark would supply anything decent. I couldn't even get decent Xeno Saga 2 codes. Gameshark went downhill. Avoid them. They sue people for making their own codes.

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Yeah, they need something, I mean, I think I saw game genie for PC emulators, if they work on PC, they should work on Wii, right?

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Member #
    Friends
    1616-2753-9551-8415
    To be honest, I think it would be even more unlikely than Goldeneye on the vc....

There was a book all about Nintendo - Game Over (press start to continue) which I recommend as a good read for anybody interested in the history of Nintendo. One chapter in the book detailed a massive legal battle between Nintendo and Bandai, as Nintendo attempted to stop sales of Game Genie for the Nes in the courts. Nintendo lost, the Game Genie sold bucketloads, and the rest is history. However, for it to make an appearance on the vc, for the reasons listed above, is highly unlikely.
    Wii on the simexchange!

-No External Links

Link removed by a nazi moderator who obviously believes it more important to act in a complete denial and pretend that wiichat is the only Wii site out there, rather than allow the dissemination of beneficial information to all Wii owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant
    But withotu dong so

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisgil
    To be honest, I think it would be even more unlikely than Goldeneye on the vc....

There was a book all about Nintendo - Game Over (press start to continue) which I recommend as a good read for anybody interested in the history of Nintendo. One chapter in the book detailed a massive legal battle between Nintendo and Bandai, as Nintendo attempted to stop sales of Game Genie for the Nes in the courts. Nintendo lost, the Game Genie sold bucketloads, and the rest is history. However, for it to make an appearance on the vc, for the reasons listed above, is highly unlikely.
    the game genie was published by bandie but created by code masters so if they made a disc that would launch the vc games from the codemasters created disc then it would very well work. since all cheating devices are created third party anyway

Wii New and Reviews JerrodDRagon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    Its called action Replay, I bet when they make the Wii Action Replay there have VC games on there too or at least some of the more populor games (Zelda OOT, Mario Kart, Super Mario Brothers, etc.)
    -No External Links

Ads