Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2154-9969-3510-2243
    Quote Originally Posted by ganton
    why would mirco soft buy golden eye from nintendo so nintendo could put it on vc???
    So they can put it on the 360's Arcade, maybe

I Swear never to touch a PlayStation ever again
    I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE Wii
    MAKE YOUR PLEDGE TODAY!

<<<<< Wii Number *Message Me First*

Member #
    Friends
    The way the rights are held now, this would be very plausible and a very good business move for each console. It would be great if Microsoft and Nintendo could agree to this -- though, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Xbox 360's version of course would add 200 achievement points to it, and maybe online gameplay. The Wii version of course would work on the Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    3258-9028-1778-7785
    I do not believe that whoever owns the right to the bond franchise decided what happens with it, they didn't own it at the time and that's what really counts. However it wasnt just Rare that made it, Nintendo had a part so even though rare are owned by microsoft that doesn't change the fact that they both have to come to an agreement not one without the other.

If it was so easy for microsoft to have this game on their arcade it would be done by now, they both have some say and i'm not to sure they will ever come to an agreement, but we can hope so.

And the fact that they both own a part why would microsoft pay to have it and let Nintendo have it, this could easily be the other way round?

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    Fact: Microsoft, and or Nintendo will launch Golden Eye on their classics sections eventually.
    How is this a fact?

Member #
    Friends
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    It seems that there are so many legal issues it would never happen unless; Microsoft, Nintendo, Rare and EA all got together if that were the case I doubt Microsoft could tamper with it I think a remake is your best bet

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    No one knows who owns the rights, the only way it would happen is if all of the companies agreed, then they would cover all of the possibilities of who owns it.

Member #
    Friends
    I don't think that the owner's of the bond rights have any say in the games release on the VC, they would probably go on the same agreement, whatever that was, when the original game was made, which still stands today becuase the game is still sold in some places.

Member #
    Friends
    0505-6993-9515-7982
    i love 007
    Steam ID: Mintoisking
    Xbox live GT: Sir Minto
    PSN ID: Mintoisgod

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    EA and Activision never say no to free money. If anything they'll hold the game hostage to the highest bidder.

Member #
    Friends
    8160-5319-6257-2561
    Here's what I figure Nintendo and Microsoft's reasoning is. They both want to make money, and 007 would be an amazing seller. However, Microsft owns rare, who made the game, so Nintendo would have to make them sign a contract to clear up all lega issures. For Microsoft, however, the game was made for the N64, so they would need to have nintendo sign a contract to get it on their arcade. So basically, both own partial parts of 007, and neither can grab the game without the other party cooperating and signing a contract.

Nintendo has to sign a contract to let microsoft get the game, which would help them, but in return microsoft would have to sign a contract to let ninty get da game on vc. So it's a win-win situation, and this is good news for everone!

But Nintendo has been stubborn to help anyone in the past, but the temptation of 007 is too great for them to ignore. EA (or whoever owns bond franchise nowadays) has to sign a bunch o' contracts for either company to get the game, and they might sell to both, the highest bidder, or the most favored company. If they all sort this legal crap out, then we're all happy!

Basically, maybe microsoft and ninty might be starting to team up, which is very very good.
    Microsoft + Nintendo = Sony pwnge!!!!!
    (only if everyone cooperates... i know they can if they aren't stubborn!)

Thanks ssbb_lover! Still trying to get skillz @ siggy makin
    SUCK IT FANBOYS

Ads