LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    Its not a link..... It's an cough* illegal *cough program. A few of my hacker friends have it...... Its called Wiivcon You kinda have to pay for it.....

Member #
    Friends
    Ah I see.

Is there any site that regularly reports stuff as seen on the server? Or do I need to make friends with some kid that has an "All Your Base Are Belong To Us" shirt?
    "Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked" guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... well, I forget that too. Marge, you know who I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?"

...it gonna be zoppity tarheelsuperman's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I don't know about the 700,000 copies of Elevator Action. I think that program could be inaccurate. If you do the math 700,000 x $5 = $3.5 mil for Nintendo on Elevator Action alone. Based on the end of January report Nintendo had only made $1.5 mil on the entire VC. I couldn't find the direct financial report but here is a link stating the $1.5 mil. That would mean that Nintendo would have had to have kicked up the VC sales a ton just to get to that $3.5 mil mark above in two months. Now granted I know people and download a game as many times as they want once they have downloaded it once, but I just don't buy into the 700,000 number. I guess my question would be what kind of numbers do some of the popular titles have and how do they compare to the elevator action?

Member #
    Friends
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    Actually I just talked to my friends. It counts redownloads too..... So it wasn't bought 700,000 times it was downloaded 700,000 times.

Ocarina of Time: 1.1million
    Super Ghouls & Ghosts: 1.3million
    Super Mario World: 4.4million (Was repeatedly re-downloaded due to the bad controls.....)
    Mariokart 64: 506,000
    Last edited by Major Tom; 03-27-2007 at 09:03 PM.

...it gonna be zoppity tarheelsuperman's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Even with the redownloads it seems very high. I mean you have to consider there are what 60 + VC games most being more popular that elevator action. I don't know if its just me but I haven't really had the need yet to redownload any games yet. Even calculating in that half the downloads are redownloads the total sales for elevator action would be $1.75 million. I would love to be able to trust the numbers so we would have an accurate representation of what's being purchased but I just can't put much stock in the numbers given b/c the math just doesn't add up to me. Maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic.

Major Tom thanks for taking the time to get the numbers though.

Member #
    Friends
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    It is also the numbers of all VC not just North America.... The program also said what servers were being activated but that feature seems to not work very well now...... All it says is Vector Man...... Over 3/4 of the downloads for Super Mario World were users redownloading it thinking it would fix the GC controls......

Member #
    Friends
    Man, it really seems like Nintendo is cleaning up on the VC.

Which leads me to a question about Goldeneye (and forgive me if this has been brought up before, I tried searching the forums but I didn't feel like sifting through 200 pages of Goldeneye threads).

Now, it's obvious this is a matter of obtaining rights from the company that owns Rare (Microsoft).

By "obtaining rights" is it simply a money issue? Because Nintendo can certainly afford it and would recoup the costs immediately. On the other hand, can Microsoft release Goldeneye even though it was a Nintendo created product? Or could they even form a one-time alliance as crazy as that sounds?
    "Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked" guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... well, I forget that too. Marge, you know who I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?"

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowTRobot
    Man, it really seems like Nintendo is cleaning up on the VC.

Which leads me to a question about Goldeneye (and forgive me if this has been brought up before, I tried searching the forums but I didn't feel like sifting through 200 pages of Goldeneye threads).

Now, it's obvious this is a matter of obtaining rights from the company that owns Rare (Microsoft).

By "obtaining rights" is it simply a money issue? Because Nintendo can certainly afford it and would recoup the costs immediately. On the other hand, can Microsoft release Goldeneye even though it was a Nintendo created product? Or could they even form a one-time alliance as crazy as that sounds?
    Microsoft might not want to release the rights to put Goldeneye on the VC. They might think they can make more money keeping it exclusive to their own download service. Not only that, but before it can be released on any service it has to be approved by the current owner of the Bond games franchise (which apparently is Activision), who will obviously want some money as well.

By the way, Nintendo didn't create Goldeneye, it was developed independently by Rare.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    Yes but it was liscensed by Nintendo for exclusive use by Nintendo...... Which means M$ can't use it..... Its the same way with JFG..... M$ can have sequels to the games though just not the originals.....

Wii New and Reviews JerrodDRagon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    Actually I just talked to my friends. It counts redownloads too..... So it wasn't bought 700,000 times it was downloaded 700,000 times.

Ocarina of Time: 1.1million
    Super Ghouls & Ghosts: 1.3million
    Super Mario World: 4.4million (Was repeatedly re-downloaded due to the bad controls.....)
    Mariokart 64: 506,000
    WTF? who was stupid enough to buy OOT? (Come on every has that game)
    Wow they make alot of the VC.
    -No External Links

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads