W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleForMe
    a single sd card would not be too small to hold these games. I have 13 ds games on a 1 gig card and room for more, which are generally the same size or larger than 64 games.
    no, you didnt listen to what i said, thats the save file, you couldnt play the game off of that, only use your save file

Member #
    Friends
    8350-3257-9564-3066
    It would be more oganized if they made a vc channel instaed of havin 4-5 pages filled with vc games ugh
    • Nintendo Wii Code: 83503257-95643066
    • Mario Strikers Charged Code: 494028-149459
    • Strikers Overall Wi-Fi Record: W:35 L:31

Member #
    Friends
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    you can only recopy games to the same wii it was downloaded from. trust me, i've only got zelda oot, f-zero, and star fox 64 on my menu, but the rest of my games are waiting on the sd card. however, it knows if you try to transfer it to another wii. it has a mind of its own!!!
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Ok so let me get this straight.

"You cannot run a VC game off of the SD card. The game has to be on the Wii hard memory."

Is this statement correct?
    Currently Own:
    Wii Entertainment System
    Wii Games: Wii Play with Remote | Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess | Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
    Virtual Console: TMNT | Punch-Out!! | Gunstar Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    "You cannot run a VC game off of the SD card. The game has to be on the Wii hard memory."

Yes at this time (19/04/07) that is correct there is no way of playing VC Games off the SD Card

However - a mod chip update or a very clever person will find away - if PSP firmware can be cracked so can VC Game system locking

Member #
    Friends
    Why not stoe the encryption key on the internal memory and the rest of the game on the SD card. As long as the SD card is fast enough there should be no issues playing it from there.

I know they need copy protection but, as I am lazy I would like to purchase a huge catalog and have them always available.

I have stopped purchasing VC games due to the 50hz issue, which runs games slowly, and means I have to unplug my component cable to play any SNES, NES and MegaDrive games.

Hopefully they will sort out the issues before the VC fills up.

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by stranger
    nope, the sd card only holds the game save, if you could download the whole game onto the card(which would be to small for the file size of most games) then ppl would illegally trade games, but i think they should make each system on the vc a folder on the wii menu, so N64,NES, Genesis etc. would all have their own channel you access to play your games on that console, thats my idea, i think it would work great that way, and each folder wouldnt have a limited number of slots, as many as you want that can fit on your internal memory could be stored
    I have never saved a game to a SD card before, but as far as I know, it does copy the whole game, but there is a key on the Wii that lets the game work, if the game on that SD card is ran on a different Wii, the key does not match and does not allow the game to play, but if the other Wii has the game installed on it, the game save in the game will work, but I think that if you were to save a game to the memory card and delete it from the Wii system memory, you can copy the game back from the SD card, right?

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Mau
    Member #
    Friends
    8829-6844-1117-2743
    I think they should be a channel for each console, so 5 channels for vc, more organized, and faster to find the game you are looking for, I think. I know that in a year, people will have over 150 games to download.

Ads